Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Transfers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transfers Discuss Depor's possible incoming players in this forum. Talk about publicised rumours or suggest your own transfer targets. Talk about these players in their own thread (preferably) or in general topics. Any transfers not related to Depor belong to common threads. Current players of Deportivo who might be going out have their own thread in the Deportivo Forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2008, 22:52   #301
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member
 
Barkoty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ankara,Turkey
Posts: 11,467
Barkoty is on a distinguished road
Default

I think no one says Riki hasn't got any talent, but it's useless when you don't use it. If Riki stays like this, I'd be very happy to see him go earning us around the fee we got him.

And I just can't see him being a vital part of the team.
__________________
Barkoty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:59   #302
Fredinho
Junior Member
 
Fredinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 57
Fredinho is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkoty
I think no one says Riki hasn't got any talent, but it's useless when you don't use it. If Riki stays like this, I'd be very happy to see him go earning us around the fee we got him.

And I just can't see him being a vital part of the team.

Well he has said himself that he wants a bigger part in the club. And if he don't get that possition he wishes to join a differant club.

Let's change to 4-4-2 with bravo and Riki as strikers.

__________________
Let's buy Behrami!
Fredinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:08   #303
The DK Blanquiazul
Moderator
Peña Member
 
The DK Blanquiazul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 8,221
The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredinho
Well he has said himself that he wants a bigger part in the club. And if he don't get that possition he wishes to join a differant club.

Let's change to 4-4-2 with bravo and Riki as strikers.


Why? The 5-4-1 is working, 4-4-2 is not. We should vary between 5-4-1, and 4-2-3-1. We all saw how the 4-4-2 went, and combinations of Bodipo-Riki, Xisco-Riki and Adrian-Riki was tried. None worked, and neither will Bravo-Riki.

Don't change a winning formation, I say.
__________________

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:41   #304
borinho
Regular Member
 
borinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ruskamen (croatia)
Posts: 855
borinho is on a distinguished road
Default

5-4-1 is pretty good with offensive WBR and WBL
borinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:08   #305
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Just behind you
Posts: 30,906
deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredinho
Well he has said himself that he wants a bigger part in the club. And if he don't get that possition he wishes to join a differant club.

Let's change to 4-4-2 with bravo and Riki as strikers.


Anyone that supports the team before an individual would want the best for the team. If you bowed down to every player that said he wan't happy at being left out, you'd have a different team every week.

This is the one thing that rankles me about the latest "We love Riki" fan club. It comes across like you'd all put Riki before the club and no individual can come before the club IMO.

Everyone has their favorites, it's only natural; but it's utterly ridiculous to suggest changing everything around to suit the needs of one individual. I guess if we were in really desperate times and had an individual who we really thought could change things, then there might be a case but the truth is, we're not that desperate and Riki certainly isn't that man anyway.
__________________
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:36   #306
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member
 
Philip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 9,390
Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious
Riki is not the worst when it comes to diving... We all remember Felipe's penalty against Osasuna... THAT was diving hehe
He dived, yes. But that penalty gave us 3 points, that diving had result and Filipe isn't 'regular diver'.
Just to add that I like Riki very much, he has great technique, but if keeps this attitude then it's pointless to keep him in team.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:00   #307
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member
 
DepHun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,159
DepHun is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredinho
These words are like music to my ears.

RIki stats: Alot better than xisco.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/squad?id=90&cc=5739
just for the facts, mate:
Riki: 31 matches, 1061 played minutes, 5 goals
Xisco: 24 matches, 1515 played minutes, 9 goals.

Xisco has (a lot) better stats my friend. You might forget or not noticed that Riki was some 23 times sent in as a sub...

What a nice debate I caused and missed, with the sentence: Riki is for sale...
__________________
atletico = asesinos. I am Jimmy!

Last edited by DepHun : 02-06-2008 at 13:08.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:42   #308
Fredinho
Junior Member
 
Fredinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 57
Fredinho is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
Anyone that supports the team before an individual would want the best for the team. If you bowed down to every player that said he wan't happy at being left out, you'd have a different team every week.

This is the one thing that rankles me about the latest "We love Riki" fan club. It comes across like you'd all put Riki before the club and no individual can come before the club IMO.

Everyone has their favorites, it's only natural; but it's utterly ridiculous to suggest changing everything around to suit the needs of one individual. I guess if we were in really desperate times and had an individual who we really thought could change things, then there might be a case but the truth is, we're not that desperate and Riki certainly isn't that man anyway.

Well I think you might have missed the essence in what I am tryin to say .
I am not suggesting that we should build up a team around Riki, all i say is that he is underestimated, and a much better player than I get the impression that you guys think.

I would also like to mention that our 5-4-1 strategy worked very well in the beginning, (as a eliment of surprice) Now, however the other clubs have realized this formation strenght and down sides.

Because of that I think that we should be capable to do some variasjon and perhaps change to a formation that is a bit more offensive. And in that way change between 5-4-1 (Xisco) and a formation with two strikers. (Bravo and Riki)

Atleast that is my opinion.
__________________
Let's buy Behrami!
Fredinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 13:38   #309
Daniel_Svard
Senior Member

Peña Member
 
Daniel_Svard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Posts: 3,616
Daniel_Svard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Before this season i was really hoping we'd play with 2 attackers and had been moaning about it for the last 2 years. However this season has really proven that with the current midfield and defensive line we cannot effectively play with 2 attackers.

Btw i think Bravo-Riki wouldnt work too well since they are both so called "second strikers" according to themselves (read in the news section somewhere). Bravo-Xisco would be very interesting to me, but 5-4-1 with Xisco upfront has worked best, so we should keep it like that imo.
__________________
Daniel_Svard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 13:49   #310
Victorious
Almost Regular
 
Victorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 226
Victorious is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Svard
Before this season i was really hoping we'd play with 2 attackers and had been moaning about it for the last 2 years. However this season has really proven that with the current midfield and defensive line we cannot effectively play with 2 attackers.

Btw i think Bravo-Riki wouldnt work too well since they are both so called "second strikers" according to themselves (read in the news section somewhere). Bravo-Xisco would be very interesting to me, but 5-4-1 with Xisco upfront has worked best, so we should keep it like that imo.

But Bravo is a striker, and when the spot is taken by Xisco, what happens with him? The playmaker roles are taken by Lafita and Guardado (Willy and Alvarez). I think Bravo should be included in the starting 11, but with the tactic we play, it isn't any room left. Neither for Bravo nor Riki.
__________________

Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 14:22   #311
istike
Seasoned Member
 
istike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hungary/Slovakia
Posts: 1,264
istike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Has Riki some Norvegian origin or what??? These Norvegian guys (Fredi and Victor) are defending him like hell.
But you forgot, my friends, that after Riki's arrival he was always a starter, but he failed to prove his skills. If you have followed the last two seasons, you might have noticed, that most of us here says the truth. It is a sad reality, but you will use to it I was in the same situation: my hero was Tristan, but after that he turned to an as.hole. Same goes for Dudu. However I keep saying that they were/are great player, they just chose a wrong direction... And I think, that this happens to Riki as well.
__________________
Deportivo 4EVER!

Last edited by istike : 02-06-2008 at 15:53.
istike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 15:49   #312
hari
Moderator

Peña Member
 
hari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: India
Posts: 9,800
hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Svard
Before this season i was really hoping we'd play with 2 attackers and had been moaning about it for the last 2 years. However this season has really proven that with the current midfield and defensive line we cannot effectively play with 2 attackers.
i'm pretty sure that, if we sign one striker and another gud attacking mid like Lafita, Lotina will change his formation to 4-2-3-1 gradually.. if we have a gud attack and can score goals, automatically the whole squad will get more confident and will do their work smartly..
two gud CBs like Amo and Lopo (or Piscu/Aythami), an RB like MP, a smart LB in the form of Filipe and a midfield dominator like De Guzman can do an excellent job against almost any attack if they have confidence.. th reason for 5-4-1 was the lack of confidence in all dept.s not only attack..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 19:13   #313
Quaresma
Beginner
 
Quaresma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 26
Quaresma is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by istike
Has Riki some Norvegian origin or what??? These Norvegian guys (Fredi and Victor) are defending him like hell.
But you forgot, my friends, that after Riki's arrival he was always a starter, but he failed to prove his skills. If you have followed the last two seasons, you might have noticed, that most of us here says the truth. It is a sad reality, but you will use to it I was in the same situation: my hero was Tristan, but after that he turned to an as.hole. Same goes for Dudu. However I keep saying that they were/are great player, they just chose a wrong direction... And I think, that this happens to Riki as well.

I wouldn't say i'm a member of the so called "Riki Fan Club".. But i must say..
If we have seen both dudu and tristan take the "wrong" choice, why should we cheer on Riki doing the same? Why not give Riki at least 1-2 more season (If he want's it..) and see if we can get out the potential, and help him do "the right" choices?

And about the tactic... A team earnes on using variable tactics.. through a long season with plenty of games, using only one tactic would be terrible wrong. Last season, we started off with changing tactics alot.. after a while we did found out that the 5-4-1 worked best for us... But maybe thats what Depor should do this pre-season in their friendly-matches and in the beginning of the season? If i were lotina, i would definatley do that

GO DEPORTIVO
Quaresma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 15:55   #314
depooor
Senior Member
Peña Member
 
depooor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,174
depooor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredinho
Well he has said himself that he wants a bigger part in the club. And if he don't get that possition he wishes to join a differant club.

Let's change to 4-4-2 with bravo and Riki as strikers.



still by this way , it won't work

as lotina stated " Omar is not a first striker as well as Riki " and he needs a first striker

i think for the best of all

1- train him to be good in R-wing ( by this way we can sell Pablo alvarez )
or sell him for 2-3 Millions
__________________
Deportivo is sick and the remedie is not found yet
depooor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:00.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.