Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 18-12-2019, 10:14   #61
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

He stays in the club atm, but i guess it is most a matter of how to arrange his exit. To fire someone requires a compensation.

But i don't think he will have any saying in the January moves.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 11:56   #62
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
just for having a nice chit-chat, I would be curious for Deporlover's and Heidern current opinion on del Pozo's work at us. no need to be angry (on me), just let me/us know, how do you see his full tenure at Depor now?

I still keep the same opinion till the season ends and we know more facts, if it is proven that DelPozo approved firing of Natxo then iam ready to admit that he is a big failure and that I was wrong is supporting him, I believe that he made a good job last season and firing Natxo was a big mistake and changed all Pozo's plans, I also believe that the current squad should not be in the current position and the problem is beyond players quality, football is a decision making process which involves uncontrolled human factors, it could be that Pozo made the right decisions but things still don't work for other reasons. I can't believe that the same person who brought Dani, Duarte, Mari, Carlos, Quique and others will fail to make a similar strong squad! there are more unknown facts to be revealed.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 15:30   #63
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Mr Pink is on a distinguished road

So, can someone tell me what's going on with Del Pozo?

Richard Barral was sat with Sabin Merino during his post-match interview/presentation.

Is Del Pozo going to be sacked or is he job sharing with Richard?
Old 17-01-2020, 15:45   #64
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
I can't believe that the same person who brought Dani, Duarte, Mari, Carlos, Quique and others will fail to make a similar strong squad! there are more unknown facts to be revealed.
well, with all respect, Dani is a legend for us, but an average Segunda goalie. Quique and Mari are not that special either. they missed in Mallorca, when we needed the most. Duarte and Carlos F. seems to be more or less primera materials, that is true. we were 6th last year, thanks to Cadiz, del Pozo's team was nothing special until the play-offs.
Old 18-01-2020, 08:33   #65
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
well, with all respect, Dani is a legend for us, but an average Segunda goalie. Quique and Mari are not that special either. they missed in Mallorca, when we needed the most. Duarte and Carlos F. seems to be more or less primera materials, that is true. we were 6th last year, thanks to Cadiz, del Pozo's team was nothing special until the play-offs.

in my opinion we had the best group of players in Sequnda, why we ended as 6th is a different story, playoffs proved that we had a decent team.
If Naxto continued with the team this year we would be in different situation.
DelPozo is gone now, I feel sorry for him and I still believe he is better than Barral, Barral is coming now with some more money from Abanca and doing things that DelPozo was not able to do due to financial constrains, unfortunately history judges the results not the efforts but Delpozo did great things that people were not able to see, just remember that we lost Andone and Colak for ridiculous amount of money due to the contracts made by Barral, Barral also was responsible for all the contracts that maintained the same wages for players in Sequnda as it was in Premira.
alot to be said but has no value now.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 10:54   #66
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

finally

although del Pozo had less money than Barral now, he built the 22nd team in the league from the 6th highest salary cap.

btw i dont like Barral too much either. where is a guy now who would buy Mauro and Bebeto for peanuts?
Old 18-01-2020, 13:16   #67
american123

american123 is off the scale

Barral isn't great but he is much better than Carmelo. Barral's biggest issue was that he did not expect to be relegated and the contract clauses were very poor. On the positive, he identified players like Schar and Andone who were bought for around 5M and without relegation would have been sold for close to 20M and was able to sell Lucas for 20M which helped us pay off some debt. I think bringing back Lucas on the big loan was a mistake but also think that was Tino's orders. The loan of Valverde was great as well but I dont think we gave him enough time as now he is one of the best young midfielders in the world. With that being said he also made some very weird/bad signings of very old players who did not contribute. Hopefully he can bring in enough to save us this season and give us a base for next season. I think fixing the academy/Fabril should be one of the most important things as we are seeing what a player like Mujaid can do for us with 0 transfer fee, low wages, and unlimited potential.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 20:26   #68
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by american123
I think fixing the academy/Fabril should be one of the most important things as we are seeing what a player like Mujaid can do for us with 0 transfer fee, low wages, and unlimited potential.
well fixing Fabril can bring results within 5-8 years.... it should have been done, when Lendoiro spoke about the Baby Depor project. and now we have like 4 Athletic players in our starting eleven.