Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 25-02-2012, 19:52   #1
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Liga | Sabadell v Depor | Feb 25 | Post Match Comments

A lot of silly mistakes costs us, at least, one point. We were bound to slip up sooner or later, but It did feel like Sabadell was there for the taking.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, Valladolid lost, and Celta are facing Almeria tomorrow.
Old 25-02-2012, 19:58   #2
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

overall bad game for us...we played without too big intensity, we missed cool minds in defense, ball control at midfield and punch in attack..but maybe we deserved a goalless draw...more luck and punch next game...vamos depor
Old 25-02-2012, 20:01   #3
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Yes, the streak had to end. But not like this and not against a poor side like Sabbadell. Overall, we were very flat and I thought the two pivotes in particular had a very bad day at the office. Sometimes you can gain a result with 9 of your players playing well, but when 9 of your players play badly, you've no hope. IMO, lack of an aggressive attitude from the start cost us. We were lazy and complacent. The passing was rubbish, the defending reminded me of the shaky times at the start of the season.

But let's plough on anyway. I was always interested to see how we would respond when we lost again. Now we get the chance to see next week.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 20:23   #4
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

It did seemed like we deserved a bit more with all the missed chances and harsh off sides calls, but we have no one but us to blame for the final score. We were giving loads and loads of balls away on the second and third quarters of the field with awful and aimless passes. And I don't know what happened on their goal, it seemed there was more Dani could have done. But good game to Sabadell, they always seemed more interested than us.
Old 26-02-2012, 08:57   #5
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

nothing every beginning has its end, It is important to concentrate on the match with Alcorcon and hopefully a good result today between Celta and Almería.
Old 26-02-2012, 11:51   #6
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

being the leader & the best team in segunda will not give u the 3 points, losing vs a team like Sabadell is not acceptable. they were not good yesterday but we had a day off. maybe this will let the players wake up after living in a dream. 9 wins was a record & We will remember Sabadell bcoz they broke it.

about Dani i don't know wts wrong with the FK, last week vs Barca B he did a mistake, but yesterdays goal was a huge fault, it reminded me of Levante's last minute winning goal in Riazor last season.
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 11:57   #7
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I still completely disagree with Dani doing anything wrong. These goals happen all the time. Dani, as would any other goalkeeper, was expecting their striker to put his head against the ball. It wouldn't make any sense for him to make a move before that. But the ball slips past everyone, and then he doesn't have the time to react. These things happen. Besides, it was a very clear offside anyway, so it wasn't even a goal.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 12:26   #8
DyzaN

DyzaN is on a distinguished road

Imo the goalie should always go for the ball rather than expect a deflection. If it deflects then he should react. But as the goal yesterday was a clear offside and their striker participated in the goal it shouldn't be allowed.
Overall, a bad game for depor that didn't get their passing game to work at all, but at least we are still in the top table.
DyzaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 12:57   #9
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyzaN
Imo the goalie should always go for the ball rather than expect a deflection. If it deflects then he should react. But as the goal yesterday was a clear offside and their striker participated in the goal it shouldn't be allowed.
Overall, a bad game for depor that didn't get their passing game to work at all, but at least we are still in the top table.
I can't really see the logic in that. He wasn't expecting a deflection, he was expecting a shot. If he would always go straight for the ball, he'd concede 5 goals per game... Why would he go for the ball, before the header? As soon as the striker touches it, the keeper would have no chance to save the ball. You see goals like this all the time, but it doesn't happy very often to the same team, of course. This is pretty much just a matter of luck. And that's why you see these goals so often. Because it defies basic logic. A keeper must always react after the shot, not before. Here it's the other way around.

If you then proceed to take into account that it was offside, Aranzubia was even more innocent in this. Had he been onside, he would've been further away from the goal, so either Dani has more time to react, or Dani would see the striker has no chance of touching the ball and would easily be able to pick it up. Last week he made a big mistake at Barca's goal, but here he didn't do anything wrong imo.

Celta beat Almeria just now, so at least the gap with the third place remains 6 points. It'll be tough to finish in front of Celta though.

Last edited by deporiginal : 26-02-2012 at 13:54.
Old 26-02-2012, 14:21   #10
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

It's better to lose against Sabadell, it will be worst if we lose against the direct rivals
We lose against all of the teams that were promoted this year. Yesterday we played bad first half, good second, but we haven't luck. The result on the end should have been 1-1, but we didn't realized our chances. Guardado was selfish once, when he didn't pass the ball to Xisco who was lonely in front of the goal.
The man of the match was the home keeper, with the marvelous save, after brilliant free-kick of Valeron and Riki.
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 16:15   #11
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
It'll be tough to finish in front of Celta though.
Afraid of Celta? NEVER!

I don't care to lose, we still at the top, but it's sad to lose a game against a so flat rival like this one
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 19:39   #12
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Afraid of Celta? NEVER!

I don't care to lose, we still at the top, but it's sad to lose a game against a so flat rival like this one
I understand the rivalry, but let's face it, if they manage to get a good result from Valladolid next week, they have a great chance of finishing in front of us. I'd be happy with promotion and second place, but it would feel a little bittersweet if Celta ends up as champions. Taking into account the current situation, they're easily our biggest rivals.

Valladolid has entered a slump, Almeria has won a lot of games recently, but have been quite lucky and unimpressive as well, so this could very well be the start of a negative streak for them. And Hercules and especially Elche are already knocked out of the race. Celta's game wasn't very good the past few weeks, but they still managed not to lose any points, and they look like they're improving again. They're easily our biggest threat.

Still though, in the next four games, we have 3 home games coming up, and an away match at Guadalajara. Hopefully this loss won't affect us too much, cause we need to score some points to create a significant gap with the third place.
Old 26-02-2012, 20:56   #13
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

We didn't deserve to win, although Sabadell didn't play better and we had some chances to score and could have got at least 1 point, but anyway I find the result fair. Specially in the 1st half we looked like our bad first away matches of the season. I hope this defeat helps our players to "wake up" and realize that is needed to fight each game since the beginning, even if we are the leader.

Highlights from TVG: http://www.crtvg.es/tvg/informativos...abadell-251309

More highlights: http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/651/b74e.mp4/

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 27-02-2012 at 01:09.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 10:16   #14
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyzaN

I 100 % agree with your analysis of the situation. This was a HUGE mistake by Dani.
Old 27-02-2012, 17:52   #15
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djalminha
I 100 % agree with your analysis of the situation. This was a HUGE mistake by Dani.
Oh fine, take his side!