Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 29-07-2018, 18:02   #16
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
Why, since Tino, do we always play those friendlies/practice games, against totally weak teams from lower divisions? To make us look good? Nobody wants to play against us?

from what I know these are chosen by Del pozo and our coach. maybe one or two done for formalities
Old 31-07-2018, 12:28   #17
DeporDK
Almost Regular

DeporDK is on a distinguished road

Am I the only one wondering, why we have so many injuries during the preseason?
DeporDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 16:56   #18
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

This is a common theme for years. Maybe it's all the fish that's making the players soft....
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 03:06   #19
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

I might be wrong..correct me please

According to Del pozo the clown, our team will be formed using some of the fabril players..something he said at the begnning of the preseason.

Now, Fransics is out, Quiqe has no chance, one has no chance

Uxio and Caballo ( the latter was announced that he will be a first team player according to Bozo at the beginning ) both won't be first team players since their will be signings in case gulirhme and tyton leave.

so where are the fabril players ? why would he open his mouth speaking about them and then ending to leave them out
Old 13-08-2018, 12:20   #20
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Caballo was announced as a first team player today and he will not play for Fabril.
Old 13-08-2018, 13:55   #21
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Revision of the squad 2018/19 before the first game in Segunda.
+Ortola
+Simon
+Duarte
+Quique
-Schar
-Sidnei
-Rolan

It seems clear now that Natxo will be using a 3 man pivot system + 3 offensive players. Preferably 2 forwards + 1 playmaker - but will probably vary his offensive trio if needed. We lost 3 Primera players and brought players that we hope can replace them.

GK: +Ortola, Gimenez (Francis)
Ortola came from La Masia and looks like he will be our number one. Francis will play in Fabril, if he stays. We have quite a solid group of GK for Segunda. I think we will be better then in previous years. Tyton is still on vacation in A Coruna - we need to release him, but that is difficult if there is no will from the players side.

RB: +Simon,Valentin
Boveda was moved to the CB and Simon came to take the spot for the second RB. Valentin was injured during the pre-season so Simon is a probable starter. I think we will be fine with this 2 for Segunda.

LB: Durarbier, Caballo, (Saul)
Caballo is upgraded from Fabril. It might be thanks to his good pre-season, his ability to play many positions in Natxo's scheme, or the fact that Saul is angry with Depor for misleading him when he signed for us. Saul's status is unclear - he might leave us, so Caballo and Durabier would stay as options for LB. I still think a decent enough options, but Saul is definatly a good Segunda player, so its a shame that the problem occured outside of the pitch. (as usual with Depor)

CB: Mari, +Duarte, Albentosa,Boveda
We lost Schar and Sidnei - two Primera players. We still have Albentosa, who could be offloaded if the opportunity presents itself. Boveda is considered a CB, but hopefully Mari-Duarte partnership will be the new CB for Depor. Duarte especially looks like a very good player - so hopefully this sector is well taken care of. Albentosa changed for some fresh quality legs would be a great deal if it materializes.

CM: Mosquera,Alex,Borges, Krohn Dehli, Edu.
Nothing changed in this sector. Guilherme is still on the payroll, but hopefully he leaves and we can bring in a fresh player for the job. According to friendly match reports we struggle hard in the midfield, so we need more quality. Borges has been absent for the whole pre-season, so we hope he can add. One quality new man is well needed.

Offense (Strikers,attacking midfield): +Quique, Santos, Valle, Sanchez, Cartabia, Gil.
Rolan left, Quique came, Gil stayed. Gil and Cartabia are serious Primera players that we need for our quest to Primera. The offensive trio will play a very important part in our team, since we will be in a "favorite" position, also the tactic will be toward possetion and continous attacking. One of the Santos,Quique,Valle trio will need to show us 15 or more goals and I don't doubt Cartabia and Gil can provide planty of assists. A lot of the bunch are/were injured, so they will still need time to gel. A bit uncertain, but I think we achived Segunda quality....but Gil and especially Cartabia need to stay.

I am hopefull for the team, since the reinforcments weren't last minute, so the coach had time to train and enforce his ideas. Team needs to gel more, we are certanly not on top right now, also the injury plague took some toll on the pre-season preparations. Let's start the new Depor - I am hopefull.
Old 13-08-2018, 16:10   #22
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

I would love to see another player for the attack, more precisely a striker.. I don't want veterans that are semi-retired(like Dubarbier).. also, I thought we should have avoided signing Pedro Sanchez and David Simon; hopefully I am wrong..

Caballo was Fabril's best player last season, and he deserved to get promoted ahead of Pinchi or Francis, so I am very happy about him.. regarding Saul, I doubt whether he has Primera quality, but he has good experience in Segunda, so it would be good to have him stay..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 17:23   #23
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Thanks Iztok, great post.

It’s not easy to predict what will happen this year. Over 2/3 of our squad last year is gone (and we still have Albentosa!!). On one hand, whatever Primera talent we had has just disappeared – with scandalously inadequate financial benefits. But on the other hand, I’m glad to see that squad killed off – they were nothing short of mercenaries and freeloaders.

Yes, we’ll need time to adapt – maybe even a few years in Segunda. This is Tino’s last chance – he’s got rid of the problem players and now the only problems remaining can only be with the Administration. Nowhere to hide now.

I can see us struggling to make it into the play-offs. The full backs (particularly on the right side) are not going to do the job (supporting the attack) that the Coach is expecting. I don’t know Mari or Duarte, but the central defence is very suspect. And there’s no ‘conductor’ in midfield to link to the attack.

All that said, it’s a new start (of sorts) and I wish everyone the best of luck. If we give everything to the badge - on and off the pitch – that will do for me.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 17:36   #24
Thai Depor
Seasoned Member

Thai Depor is on a distinguished road

It is great post and analysis, Iztok. Thanks for sharing with us.

my only concern is Saul. Is it true that he is mad at us and wants to leave? honestly, I do really like him and expect him to be our 1st option for the left back position. I would be sad to see him go ...
Thai Depor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:50   #25
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Last revision of the squad 2018/19 after the closure of summer transfer window:

+Somma
+Gomez
+Moreno
+Luna
-Francis
-Tyton
-Albentosa
-Borges
-Guilherme

GK: +Ortola, +Gimenez
Finally Tyton left, but also Francis on loan to Elche -our rival in Segunda. I don't think it is a smart move, but Del Pozo and Francis are not on friendly terms - so probably a decent enough solution to the problem. Dani is the starting keeper, plays much better then our previous pack, but also made a mistake that made us wonder. Ortola is a prospect and hasn't been used yet.
I think we are covered better then in the previous seasons and we really needed to brake the link with all the goalies (mistakes) from last season.

We are replacing Juanfran with Simon. Valentin is his back up as he was in the previous season. Juanfran is on loan in Primera and might return if we suceed. Simon didn't impress me yet, but I think we are in a decent enough position for Segunda.

LB: +Durarbier, +Caballo, Saul
Saul stayed, but he seems not to have much support. Cabllo was picked as a starting LB showed great offensive contribution, but lacks experience and must learn a lot about defense. Durarbier might bring that, if he is not injured. Luisinho and Navarro gone - we are a bit younger here, but I don't expect much problems.

CB: +Mari, +Duarte, Boveda, +Somma
Finally Albentosa is gone, unfortunatlly only on loan. Somma came to take his place, a young italian, who could be usefull. Duarte seems to be the pick of the crop, a real defender that seems Primera material. Boveda on the other side is making mistakes, so Mori or Somma will need to fill the gap.
We lost Sidnei,Schar,Rober and Albentosa so we are staring fresh. The first trio has quality - they are in Primera or Premier league right now, but nobody really impresed last season. We need a reset here and I am glad that Mari and Duarte came early enough for the coach to find solutions. I am happy with the composition and hope finally we will be able to stop with the silly mistakes and form a hard core in the back.

CM: Mosquera,Alex,Krohn Dehli, Edu. +Gomez, +Moreno
Finally overpayed Guilherme left, but also Borges ended up leaving us. We had two players signed in a very quick manner Vicente Gomez and Didier Moreno. Both look like they could be real reinforcments for the team. Of the old pack ( I can easaly claim Alex is not a newcomer) we have varied options for the triple pivot position. Krohn Delhi together with Edu and Gomez will have to provide a more offensive spark, while Alex is the man for the defensive midfield - he does it well in the first games. Moreno is also more defensive, but can also fill other gaps. Mosquera is still not in form, and we must find a way to wake him up. All in all a decent pack of midfielders - but they will quickly need to establish a midfield able to control games - we lacked this in all our recent Primera seasons. Guilherme, Muntari, Valverde and Borges are gone, I don't think we really lost all that much.But establishing a dominating midfield will be the key of our success for the season, I am sure of that -our Primera aspiration is dependant on that.

Offense (Strikers,attacking midfield): +Quique, +Santos, Valle, +Sanchez,+Luna, Cartabia, Gil.
Nothing really shocking happened in the last days for the offensive positions. And its a good think - if Gil or Cartabia left, we would probably suffer. In the end we got a bonus, a new young striker Carlos Fernandez Luna - a guy that attracted some attention. We lost a lot after Primera; we lost quality in Andone,Lucas,Adrian and Colak, but at least Andone and Colak had a problematic character and that surely won't be missed.
We have 3-4 strikers - all at least Segunda material - a few of them need to come up with scoring numbers - Quique already started so its a good thing. Gil and Cartabia need to show us Primera skills and we will be fine in offensive part of our Segunda season.

We don't have any shortcomings in terms of position coverage, maybe an overloand in the LB. Saul will strugle...again. I liked how the team was handled - firstly we told the "problematic" characters and the bellow average performers to go, then we were realistic in terms that we can not control all the players with Primera quality like Rolan,Juanfran,Sidnei,Schar,Borges,Lucas, so we let them go - a few with the return option. On the other hand the market was resarched and reinforcments came quickly and most of them on a contract or options to sign for the future. We all know that dropping to Segunda means an inferno in player changes and it was dealt in a good manner, far better then in a last few occasions.
Coach had players to prepare for the games, the new ones are an adition not a vital part of the starting lineup and that really means that we are well prepared for the brutal Segunda season. In terms of quality most of the newcomers are at least Segunda quality, some like Duarte,Gomez,Quique already show that they can stay with us - when we promote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:32   #26
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
Last revision of the squad 2018/19 after the closure of summer transfer window:

+Somma
+Gomez
+Moreno
+Luna
-Francis
-Tyton
-Albentosa
-Borges
-Guilherme

GK: +Ortola, +Gimenez
Finally Tyton left, but also Francis on loan to Elche -our rival in Segunda. I don't think it is a smart move, but Del Pozo and Francis are not on friendly terms - so probably a decent enough solution to the problem. Dani is the starting keeper, plays much better then our previous pack, but also made a mistake that made us wonder. Ortola is a prospect and hasn't been used yet.
I think we are covered better then in the previous seasons and we really needed to brake the link with all the goalies (mistakes) from last season.

We are replacing Juanfran with Simon. Valentin is his back up as he was in the previous season. Juanfran is on loan in Primera and might return if we suceed. Simon didn't impress me yet, but I think we are in a decent enough position for Segunda.

LB: +Durarbier, +Caballo, Saul
Saul stayed, but he seems not to have much support. Cabllo was picked as a starting LB showed great offensive contribution, but lacks experience and must learn a lot about defense. Durarbier might bring that, if he is not injured. Luisinho and Navarro gone - we are a bit younger here, but I don't expect much problems.

CB: +Mari, +Duarte, Boveda, +Somma
Finally Albentosa is gone, unfortunatlly only on loan. Somma came to take his place, a young italian, who could be usefull. Duarte seems to be the pick of the crop, a real defender that seems Primera material. Boveda on the other side is making mistakes, so Mori or Somma will need to fill the gap.
We lost Sidnei,Schar,Rober and Albentosa so we are staring fresh. The first trio has quality - they are in Primera or Premier league right now, but nobody really impresed last season. We need a reset here and I am glad that Mari and Duarte came early enough for the coach to find solutions. I am happy with the composition and hope finally we will be able to stop with the silly mistakes and form a hard core in the back.

CM: Mosquera,Alex,Krohn Dehli, Edu. +Gomez, +Moreno
Finally overpayed Guilherme left, but also Borges ended up leaving us. We had two players signed in a very quick manner Vicente Gomez and Didier Moreno. Both look like they could be real reinforcments for the team. Of the old pack ( I can easaly claim Alex is not a newcomer) we have varied options for the triple pivot position. Krohn Delhi together with Edu and Gomez will have to provide a more offensive spark, while Alex is the man for the defensive midfield - he does it well in the first games. Moreno is also more defensive, but can also fill other gaps. Mosquera is still not in form, and we must find a way to wake him up. All in all a decent pack of midfielders - but they will quickly need to establish a midfield able to control games - we lacked this in all our recent Primera seasons. Guilherme, Muntari, Valverde and Borges are gone, I don't think we really lost all that much.But establishing a dominating midfield will be the key of our success for the season, I am sure of that -our Primera aspiration is dependant on that.

Offense (Strikers,attacking midfield): +Quique, +Santos, Valle, +Sanchez,+Luna, Cartabia, Gil.
Nothing really shocking happened in the last days for the offensive positions. And its a good think - if Gil or Cartabia left, we would probably suffer. In the end we got a bonus, a new young striker Carlos Fernandez Luna - a guy that attracted some attention. We lost a lot after Primera; we lost quality in Andone,Lucas,Adrian and Colak, but at least Andone and Colak had a problematic character and that surely won't be missed.
We have 3-4 strikers - all at least Segunda material - a few of them need to come up with scoring numbers - Quique already started so its a good thing. Gil and Cartabia need to show us Primera skills and we will be fine in offensive part of our Segunda season.

We don't have any shortcomings in terms of position coverage, maybe an overloand in the LB. Saul will strugle...again. I liked how the team was handled - firstly we told the "problematic" characters and the bellow average performers to go, then we were realistic in terms that we can not control all the players with Primera quality like Rolan,Juanfran,Sidnei,Schar,Borges,Lucas, so we let them go - a few with the return option. On the other hand the market was resarched and reinforcments came quickly and most of them on a contract or options to sign for the future. We all know that dropping to Segunda means an inferno in player changes and it was dealt in a good manner, far better then in a last few occasions.
Coach had players to prepare for the games, the new ones are an adition not a vital part of the starting lineup and that really means that we are well prepared for the brutal Segunda season. In terms of quality most of the newcomers are at least Segunda quality, some like Duarte,Gomez,Quique already show that they can stay with us - when we promote

perfect analysis
thank you
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 14:34   #27
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Very good summary. I have to agree it seems we have got a competitve and decent squad for the upcoming season.
Now we need a leader, who can guide this team back to Primera and my doubts are starting there. Finishing in the play-off palces would be a huge gamble, so the target should be the direct promotion seats. Also we could easily miss the first six place as well. The first three match showed how much competitve is this Segunda Division.
Old 13-10-2018, 16:31   #28
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

did anyone see the picture in instagram about the new roof and it seems like lights to at the riazor they took a picture from above in the distance hollay crap looks amazing.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2018, 16:25   #29
Hori
Almost Regular

Hori is on a distinguished road

I'm really disappointed and angry about what's going on...
Valle got 4 games ban, Natxo 2 games ban and Mari 1 games ban

These are sensitive decisions from the liga....
After Reus we'll face Las Palmas which will be a huge and important game and Natxo will miss that game too. This can be decisive.
It looks like they are against us...
And look at his face... He is enjoying it.. This is an insult and Valle is banned for a month without able to do anything to protect himself...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqBZxHCXgAAxRMB.jpg:large
Hori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2018, 18:24   #30
Vatex

Vatex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hori
And look at his face... He is enjoying it.. This is an insult and Valle is banned for a month without able to do anything to protect himself...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqBZxHCXgAAxRMB.jpg:large

shitty face

It seems that segunda owners dont' want us to get promoted