Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 14-11-2011, 17:32   #31
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Great win, especially after Hercules lost. Hopefully we can string a few wins together and consolidate a position at the top which id what we need to do now if we don't to struggle towards the end of the season. I was unable to watch the game, but from what i've heard & read, it wasn't that great of a game playing-wise, but i'll take the 3 points and Lassad's ridiculous goal. And a huge thumbs up to DeporSport's staff for publishing such a risque cover, it's hilarious!
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 19:52   #32
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Probably we didn't play our best game, but we won, which was so important. Besides that the team showed the fight, the intensity, the heart that we were demanding. We didn't play a brilliant game but we were quite serious, made a great defensive job and finally we won.

Dani was enormous again with some good saves.
Great match of our defenders also. I'd like to stand out Laure: he was the first one that after Celta goal didn't give up and like a doberman chased Orellana putting pressure on him untill he finally recovered the ball that seconds later Lassad sent to the net.
Of course, Colotto was fantastic in some actions, specially with Aspas... Aythami and Ayoze were also quite serious with few mistakes.

One of the best news was the performance in midfield of Alex B. and JuanDo. Both of them were impresive. Alex was great defensively, and JuanDo showed much more presence and participation in attack.
Salomao created a lot of danger again, although he wasn't accurate in the last pass or definition. Saul offered sacrifice and some good crosses, and Bruno Gama gave us some good details of his quality. What a pity the injury of Riki, as the match would provide him big chances with the counterattacks. Fortunately Lassad, who was having a grey performance until that moment, had one of his inspired moments and scored an amazing goal, the most important he ever scored, he said.

About the incidents, it seems some of the last buses of Celta fans went out of their way and found theirselves lost through the streets of Coruña and without police protection...
About the flares, only few throwed by R&B in the beginning of the game, and few by Celtarras after Celta's goal. That's when some of them started to throw seats to Depor fans that were in the stand below them...

Fortunately it seems nobody on both sides was injured, which are great news, and despite all those little but deplorable incidents (sadly there's always some violents in all places) the general atmosphere at the stands and in the city was fantastic above all.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 22:01   #33
scorchio

scorchio is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the great videos and pictures everyone, incredible stuff. Lassad's was just a dream of a goal! Orgasmico indeed. Looks like the fans were amazing too.
How hilarious was it when that Celta player kept thrusting his arse into Colotto?! What an idiot.
scorchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 22:46   #34
mig_superdepor

mig_superdepor is off the scale

Well, i've just got back from Coruna having watched the match, and my first reactions are: WOOHOOOO!
Plus points: The team responded to the pressure, the central defence was solid, and the wingers done their job well, aranzubia proving he's probably one of the best 5 keepers in primera, let alone segunda. The fans: 1000 points for atmosphere! It was incredible!
Negatives: Ayoze - panics too much and doesn't provide much of an attacking outlet; Lassad - did not synchronize well with the team (saying that though, WHAT A GOAL!); JuanDo needs more confidence - too often he did not want to play the ball forward, only sideways or backwards; the HUGE gaps; lack of pressing/closing down in the entire second half - where was our midfield?! Why did Oltra not respond? Biggest problem however, and one which pains me to admit is that i now realise why Lotina dropped Valeron to the bench in most matches. Obviously due to his age, he must conserve his limited energy but all celta's players did was to pass it around him and then he couldn't track back! This creates enormous pressure on our other central midfield players and effectively means we are down to 10 men at times!

Depor must not let the euphoria of this victory overlook the fact that the same mistakes are being committed and this needs to be corrected quickly. We cannot keep relying on Riazor and individuals to pull us through.

As an off-point, talking to someone who claims to know a 'manager' of the players (a kind of agent/consultant), Lendoiro is currently in conversation with our old player Sergio to return on a pay-as-you play basis
Old 14-11-2011, 23:39   #35
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

http://www.crtvg.es/tvg/informativos...arreira-170348
According to TVG, Bodipo had previously told Lassad that he was going to score.
Lassad: " It's the most important goal of my life so far, and for me it's also one of the most beautiful. It arrived in an impresive moment and gave us the victory. I can't ask for more..."
Juan Dominguez: "The most beautiful match of the season, oh... or we should better say the second. The first will be the one of the promotion..."

http://www.crtvg.es/tvg/informativos...tivista-170349
"Iago Aspas show" yesterday. You can see a R&B banner dedicated to him: "Of your circus, Iago Aspas our favourite buffoon".
After the match he said he doesn't regret what he had said: "I always said I was a Celta supporter, maybe some people didn't like that, but my fans are very happy..."

Celtarras celebrating their goal:
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...416 960_n.jpg
Besides showing a neanderthal throwing a seat to Depor fans, this picture also shows perfectly what Celta fans are: a banner saying: Thank you Valencia, a scarf of Porto, a scarf of Anti-Depor. As you can see, they are a bit obsessed with us... It seems they celebrate our defeats, maybe because they never had their own titles to celebrate...

*Edited to add this funny video with the best moments of Depor vs Celta, specially dedicated to Iago Aspas: Ai se eu te pego...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGeh18WWEKM

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 15-11-2011 at 02:12.
Old 15-11-2011, 02:55   #36
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

LOOOL lassad was terrible but what a winner!!!
its a miracle Ayoze wasnt sent off he elbowed EVERYONE, probably his own team mates too

It was a very passionate match i really missed these derbies.
IN these games doesnt really matter how well we play cuz the atmosphere and passion is there.

Juan Dominguez earned a few more games as starter i think. Aythami continues to puzzle me.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 10:10   #37
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Nth that hasn't been said

That pic, says it all:

siempre Depor!!!
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 10:29   #38
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Nth that hasn't been said

That pic, says it all:

siempre Depor!!!

Which one is you, ggeorg??!!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 10:38   #39
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Not in that pic sorry, but that would have been even more better

At Lassad's goal i was jumping together with an above 55yr old guy that was grabbing on me, myself grabbing on him as well, both trying to keep stable, as others were pushing and grabbing, and so on. That was nuts!!!
The above 55yr guy next to me was almost crying for joy.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 12:38   #40
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Haha, I recognize several faces in the first line, as they used to be a few feet from my seat...

Another great picture, in the moment of the goal of Lassad, in which you can see the people in the stands celebrating the goal towards the Celtarras that seconds before were throwing seats to that area... https://picasaweb.google.com/barjamc...80733906336514
Old 15-11-2011, 12:56   #41
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig_superdepor
Well, i've just got back from Coruna having watched the match, and my first reactions are: WOOHOOOO!
Plus points: The team responded to the pressure, the central defence was solid, and the wingers done their job well, aranzubia proving he's probably one of the best 5 keepers in primera, let alone segunda. The fans: 1000 points for atmosphere! It was incredible!
Negatives: Ayoze - panics too much and doesn't provide much of an attacking outlet; Lassad - did not synchronize well with the team (saying that though, WHAT A GOAL!); JuanDo needs more confidence - too often he did not want to play the ball forward, only sideways or backwards; the HUGE gaps; lack of pressing/closing down in the entire second half - where was our midfield?! Why did Oltra not respond? Biggest problem however, and one which pains me to admit is that i now realise why Lotina dropped Valeron to the bench in most matches. Obviously due to his age, he must conserve his limited energy but all celta's players did was to pass it around him and then he couldn't track back! This creates enormous pressure on our other central midfield players and effectively means we are down to 10 men at times!

Depor must not let the euphoria of this victory overlook the fact that the same mistakes are being committed and this needs to be corrected quickly. We cannot keep relying on Riazor and individuals to pull us through.

As an off-point, talking to someone who claims to know a 'manager' of the players (a kind of agent/consultant), Lendoiro is currently in conversation with our old player Sergio to return on a pay-as-you play basis
Great post, I actually agree with pretty much everything you said. Although it's still difficult to drop Valeron from the squad in my opinion. We don't really have a great replacement for him, and despite the fact that he doesn't do anything in defense, most of our attacks still go through him. His great pass to Saul is what lead to our first goal against Celta.

I thought it was strange to see Sergio at the stands. I realise he's without a club, but I didn't expect him to return to A Coruña, let alone actually play for our club again. It's a little hard to believe he'd be in talks with Lendoiro, after all that's happened. I can't say I've been following him a lot since he left us, but if he's still anything like he was two years ago, he could be exactly what we need. I'm reading he had an injury-plagued season last year though. Either way, it doesn't really seem like a believable rumour.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 13:03   #42
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation

Celtarras celebrating their goal:
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...416 960_n.jpg
Besides showing a neanderthal throwing a seat to Depor fans, this picture also shows perfectly what Celta fans are: a banner saying: Thank you Valencia, a scarf of Porto, a scarf of Anti-Depor. As you can see, they are a bit obsessed with us... It seems they celebrate our defeats, maybe because they never had their own titles to celebrate...

I'm really surprised...!! they are so mean, How can they stay alive after doing this in Riazor ?? if something happen like this in my country the best thing will happen to these sick idiots will go home Handicapped happy that they are still breathing...!!!
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 15:40   #43
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Battles between RB and Celta fans or between RB and police?
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 16:37   #44
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko
Battles between RB and Celta fans or between RB and police?

That was close to the stadium, when Celtarra's buses were arriving through a street next there. But fortunately there wasn't "direct battles" between ultras at any moment, as the police was there to stop them and charged against some of them, so there was only a sort of "battle" between police and some of those ultras of Depor. The 3rd pic is from one of the buses of Celta fans. It seems some of the last buses went out of their way and found themselves lost through the streets of Coruña for many minutes and without police protection...
Old 16-11-2011, 16:25   #45
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Despite the words of his coach and his president, Iago Aspas doesn't regret what he said last week. He repeated it in several medias after the match, and yesterday again in press conference: http://www.marca.com/2011/11/15/futb...321388916.html

"I've always said that I am celtista and now how I am going to explain to my friends that I am not AntiDepor when they have thrown everything to us and they have broken eighty percent of the buses."

At least he reckoned that perhaps he shouldn't have mentioned Vagner's kick, although he doesn't seem to be too regretful:
"Maybe I slipped a little talking about Vagner's kick, but it's something that can happen to anyone, and now I want to move on and focus on Saturday's match against Hercules"

Lendoiro on yesterday's press conference also referred to Iago Aspas and the incidents: http://www.marca.com/2011/11/15/futb...321390133.html

Lendoiro noted that according to the Police only 3 buses with Celta's fans were attacked on Sunday, and completely denied the news from Vigo increasing that number.

"We can not assume that all the blame will be on Depor fans sectors. There are things we can't defend our fans, but on both sides . I saw that the flares threw to the pitch were coming from two different sectors, from R&B but also from Celtarras, who besides threw seats to people in the stand below them."

"What you can't do is tolerate the attitudes of some players (Iago Aspas). Nobody can't become an idol for this. It's very easy to hook up well with your fans, become an idol, but on the basis that there could be serious problems."

For him, the general behavior was in a very acceptable levels for the fear that everyone had about what could happen, and that led eventually to declare the match as high risk.