Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2015, 18:54   #76
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member
 
deporiginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,357
deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I'm 99% sure that a victory against Levante will give us the permanence. Almeria players were crying in the dressing rooms yesterday. The chances of TAS giving them back their 3 points are almost zero. They'd need to beat both Sevilla ánd Valencia to finish in front of us. I'm also confident that Getafe can beat Eibar at home. First of all, Pina will probably give Geta a bonus if they win, and second, Eibar is a complete disaster right now. Even worse than us.

Then you have Sociedad - Granada. I'm sure not even Pina will be able to directly bribe them to lose. What happened against Getafe is that one of Granada's ex-players, Naldo, handed them two goals (and three points), and against Cordoba, the same thing happened with Iñigo Lopez. And still Granada had a lot of trouble to win, even against a 9-men Cordoba.

The hardest part is to see us beating Levante, the luckiest team in the league, who'll probably also receive a bonus if they beat us. I don't care how, but we need to beat them. We've been awful this season, but we've also been extremely unlucky in many games. Here's hoping that, for once, WE will be the lucky ones.
__________________
deporiginal is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 20:38   #77
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member
 
Rack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 53º1"56'N, 7º18'0"W
Posts: 8,092
Rack is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
...I'm also confident that Getafe can beat Eibar at home...

I'm not as sure about this result. Miracles do happen......

This will be my fourth year in a row to see a crucial end of season game at the Riazor. So far, it's 1-2 against (Valencia & Real Sociedad v Huesca). I'm confident we can equalise that scoreline.
Rack is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 20:52   #78
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member
 
deporiginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,357
deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
I'm not as sure about this result. Miracles do happen......

This will be my fourth year in a row to see a crucial end of season game at the Riazor. So far, it's 1-2 against (Valencia & Real Sociedad v Huesca). I'm confident we can equalise that scoreline.
Personally I think it's more likely for Getafe to beat Eibar, than for Depor to beat Levante. But I get the feeling both games could go either way, so who knows.

For some reason I have this gut feeling we'll stay up this year, and I've had that feeling for almost an entire year now. Despite the fact that my head is telling me the opposite. But still... This is the third time we're playing for our lives in the final home game of the season. It just can't be we'll screw it up for the third time in a row. Can it??
__________________
deporiginal is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 21:25   #79
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member
 
Sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,194
Sultan is on a distinguished road
Default

a draw against Levante is enough to survive only if Eibar gets 1 point out of their remaining 2 games. I have a gut feeling this will be the coming scenario.
__________________
The times they are a-changin'.
Sultan is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 21:27   #80
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member
 
Rack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 53º1"56'N, 7º18'0"W
Posts: 8,092
Rack is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
...This is the third time we're playing for our lives in the final home game of the season. It just can't be we'll screw it up for the third time in a row. Can it??

Well, the Irish do both scenarios well. In celebration, or a wake (funeral), we pay homage and have a drink in any case. Many people around the world poke fun at that way of approaching things, but it works for us. I've found that our Galician cousins are like-minded in that respect.

Things have a way of evening out, over time. Our time is now.
Rack is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 21:53   #81
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member
 
Xoán's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Galiza
Posts: 4,207
Xoán has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
I've found that our Galician cousins are like-minded in that respect
Careful, both Peoples also have a talent for messing up things that couldn't be messed up in an amazingly beautiful way, creating a marvellous disaster Great show, but shite at the same time... don't know if I'm making any sense here... haha.

But yeah, I must say my instincts tell me we'll be triumphant this time
__________________
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline  
Old 11-05-2015, 22:26   #82
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member
 
Rack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 53º1"56'N, 7º18'0"W
Posts: 8,092
Rack is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoán
Careful, both Peoples also have a talent for messing up things that couldn't be messed up in an amazingly beautiful way, creating a marvellous disaster Great show, but shite at the same time...

Comment of the year.
We're happy in joy and sadness and treat both of those imposters as inevitable friends!
Rack is offline  
Old 22-05-2015, 14:07   #83
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member
 
Rack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 53º1"56'N, 7º18'0"W
Posts: 8,092
Rack is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

My brother, who is a sports journalist for a National newspaper here, wrote an article about Depor for today's paper. I'll ask him if he can link to our Forum in the online article.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/s...ht-332218.html

EDIT: Checked with the Bro, but he can't link the Forum because the paper sees that as free advertising.

Last edited by Rack : 22-05-2015 at 15:47.
Rack is offline  
Old 23-05-2015, 10:10   #84
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member
 
Xoán's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Galiza
Posts: 4,207
Xoán has disabled reputation
Default

Nice read!

I had some issues with the "regional" thing (it'd be like saying that Scotland is a region of England Plus it's not the official denomination), but it's good to know people care
__________________
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline  
Old 23-05-2015, 21:37   #85
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member
 
Mortenlj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,302
Mortenlj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I enjoyed reading that piece, thanks for sharing.
__________________
(Well you know) stuff is like we yeah
Mortenlj is offline  
Old 12-07-2015, 00:12   #86
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member
 
scoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Barbados
Posts: 5,540
scoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I like what I read in Victor's last press conference after the first friendly. Sounds like he knows what he is doing. hopefully he gets the support

but what interests me is what I was hoping he would do IF we got relegated....grow the club instead of importing ready 'grown' players on load.

I feel like (based on what I read) that maybe 2 or 3 have fabril players could do ok on the bench in supporting roles once we have a good base to work with. I like the bit about improving the coaching staff as well.

I feel optimistic every preseason until I watch the first few la liga games lol. hopefully this time is finally different and we can be comfortably midtable. I'm so tired of being hurt
scoop is offline  
Old 12-07-2015, 05:04   #87
walex
Senior Member
Peña Member
 
walex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Posts: 3,472
walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex
Default

[quote=Rack]My brother, who is a sports journalist for a National newspaper here, wrote an article about Depor for today's paper. I'll ask him if he can link to our Forum in the online article.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/s...ht-332218.html

EDIT: Checked with the Bro, but he can't link the Forum because the paper sees that as free advertising.[/Q

Am just reading this today very interested
__________________
U shall end up at the top Deportivo.
walex is offline  
Old 21-08-2015, 15:42   #88
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member
 
Iztok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tabor, Slovenia
Posts: 2,044
Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Here is my look into our squad compared to last year:

GK: Lux, Fabri, (David Gomez )
The same squad as last year with Fabri proving his Primera quality last year. We are in a better place.

RB: Laure, Juanfran, MP
The same squad as last year – neither Juanfran or Laure shined last year, but were normal squad players. We can rate this situation as same as last year, with better position of Juanfran who is already adapt to our team compared to last year.

LB: Navarro, Luisinho (Saul)
Navarro brings top Primera and Europe experience, compared to Canella who was a Segunda player. Luisinho is a decent player. Overall we are better covered then last season. MP is also an option and young Saul showes promise for the future.

CB: Sidnei, Arribas, Lopo, (Rober)
Sidnei was our best defender last year, adapting at the beggining, but then becoming a key figure. Lopo can fill the 2nd CB position, also made a good contribution last year (some key goals and moves, also has a lot of experience) . Arribas is aditional quality – compared to Insua he shoud normally claim Lopos position. He already is a Primera player. Diakite and Lopez didn't play any role last year , the young Rober is an OK solution for the 4th CB, with Navarro, Alex or even MP options if experience will be needed. We are is a much better position this year.

CM: Borges, Mosquera, JD, Alex, Medunjanin
Borges came at the end of last season and proved as a decent Primera player – he has adapted and has national team experience; probably he will be the one starting games. Mosquera is a new adition - compared to Wilk from last year he has a lot of Primera experience, also he showed real quality in the pre season. Alex is a decent alternative for the DM, JD alternative for CM. That stays the same. Also Medunjanin stays as the »fifth wheel« - he is adapt to us compared to last year, but is he adapt to Primera? He posseses quality, but he didn't show a lot. At least we don't have 6 CM as last year with Jose Rodriguez – playing a lot of games and showing quality, but at the wing. Overall we are in a better position then last year, though we still need more quality over quantity.

Playmakers: Lucas, Fajr
Lucas is considered as a key player and already played one Primera season with us. Fajr is an experienced player also played one Primera season + France 1st and 2nd tier. He is yet to adapt, but compared to Farina from last year, he has already proved to play well in Primera. This position is well covered also with Luis Alberto, Cani or Cartabia – also a 4-4-2 is more possible then last year. Overall: finally we have some players that can compete at playmeker function, but still are they the quality of Valeron or Djalminha in their prime? Nevertheless much better then last year.

Wingers: Cartabia, Cani, Luis Alberto Again three new players. Cani is an experienced Primera player, compared to Cuenca last year he has proven quality, but also a lot of age, which stopped his playing time at Villareal. Cartabia has a full Primera season done compared to Cavaleiro who came from the Benfica bench – but proved to be a very good player. Cartabia is quite a big name, but can he show it? Luis Alberto comes from Liverpool – a young promising player, who has yet to shine at Primera. Compared to Salomao he arrives injury free, but Salomao proved his worth in the second part of the season. Luis Alberto is more versatile, but that means we are lacking a more direct winger type of players that we have been missing for a long time – maybe even from Victors time at Depor. He again is a gamble, but showed positive things in the pre-season. Luisinho and Juanfran proved as options in a more defensive set before , so Victor has a few tactical solutions for the wings, also Lucas is an option of course. Last year one of the options was even Jose Rguez, who is not a winger, but had to play there as our squad had too many CM, and not a lot of wingers. We are missing one player in this position again, so we are not well prepared for the full season. The quality could be better or lower – it is hard to predict if we have a new Cuenca in our ranks. What is clear is that the new wingers will need to adapt, that takes time and the result is not neccesarily good.

Strikers: Riera, Jonathan Rguez
Riera became a starter after coming in midseaon. Jonathan comes as a big talent, but has only been in Europe for 6 months. He hasn't shown anything yet, but he is a national team player, also a big scorer according to his past performace. Can he bring 10+ goals? At least we have some hope this year, last year Toche and especially Postiga didn't contribute a lot. The best of the three strikers stayed – Riera. Lucas or Luis Alberto are options for this position as well. All in all we are in a better position then last year, but the so called »star striker« hasn't been signed at Depor.


All in all we need to be satisfied with the current roster compared to last years: I expect that Medunjanin and Saul could still leave and would very much want to get one more winger preferably Salomao. We have an almost complete squad very soon compared to last few years. It still wasn't fast enough for the team to adapt, we still have a lot of newcomers, but not a lot of loanies, so finally we can rate this transfer window as positive. I think we can achive permanence as compared to some other teams we are in a much better position.
__________________
Proud supporter of Deportivo la Coruna and Slovenia national football team

Last edited by Iztok : 21-08-2015 at 15:46.
Iztok is offline  
Old 21-08-2015, 19:05   #89
deporenrique
Regular Member
 
deporenrique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 569
deporenrique is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
Here is my look into our squad compared to last year:

GK: Lux, Fabri, (David Gomez )
The same squad as last year with Fabri proving his Primera quality last year. We are in a better place.

RB: Laure, Juanfran, MP
The same squad as last year – neither Juanfran or Laure shined last year, but were normal squad players. We can rate this situation as same as last year, with better position of Juanfran who is already adapt to our team compared to last year.

LB: Navarro, Luisinho (Saul)
Navarro brings top Primera and Europe experience, compared to Canella who was a Segunda player. Luisinho is a decent player. Overall we are better covered then last season. MP is also an option and young Saul showes promise for the future.

CB: Sidnei, Arribas, Lopo, (Rober)
Sidnei was our best defender last year, adapting at the beggining, but then becoming a key figure. Lopo can fill the 2nd CB position, also made a good contribution last year (some key goals and moves, also has a lot of experience) . Arribas is aditional quality – compared to Insua he shoud normally claim Lopos position. He already is a Primera player. Diakite and Lopez didn't play any role last year , the young Rober is an OK solution for the 4th CB, with Navarro, Alex or even MP options if experience will be needed. We are is a much better position this year.

CM: Borges, Mosquera, JD, Alex, Medunjanin
Borges came at the end of last season and proved as a decent Primera player – he has adapted and has national team experience; probably he will be the one starting games. Mosquera is a new adition - compared to Wilk from last year he has a lot of Primera experience, also he showed real quality in the pre season. Alex is a decent alternative for the DM, JD alternative for CM. That stays the same. Also Medunjanin stays as the »fifth wheel« - he is adapt to us compared to last year, but is he adapt to Primera? He posseses quality, but he didn't show a lot. At least we don't have 6 CM as last year with Jose Rodriguez – playing a lot of games and showing quality, but at the wing. Overall we are in a better position then last year, though we still need more quality over quantity.

Playmakers: Lucas, Fajr
Lucas is considered as a key player and already played one Primera season with us. Fajr is an experienced player also played one Primera season + France 1st and 2nd tier. He is yet to adapt, but compared to Farina from last year, he has already proved to play well in Primera. This position is well covered also with Luis Alberto, Cani or Cartabia – also a 4-4-2 is more possible then last year. Overall: finally we have some players that can compete at playmeker function, but still are they the quality of Valeron or Djalminha in their prime? Nevertheless much better then last year.

Wingers: Cartabia, Cani, Luis Alberto Again three new players. Cani is an experienced Primera player, compared to Cuenca last year he has proven quality, but also a lot of age, which stopped his playing time at Villareal. Cartabia has a full Primera season done compared to Cavaleiro who came from the Benfica bench – but proved to be a very good player. Cartabia is quite a big name, but can he show it? Luis Alberto comes from Liverpool – a young promising player, who has yet to shine at Primera. Compared to Salomao he arrives injury free, but Salomao proved his worth in the second part of the season. Luis Alberto is more versatile, but that means we are lacking a more direct winger type of players that we have been missing for a long time – maybe even from Victors time at Depor. He again is a gamble, but showed positive things in the pre-season. Luisinho and Juanfran proved as options in a more defensive set before , so Victor has a few tactical solutions for the wings, also Lucas is an option of course. Last year one of the options was even Jose Rguez, who is not a winger, but had to play there as our squad had too many CM, and not a lot of wingers. We are missing one player in this position again, so we are not well prepared for the full season. The quality could be better or lower – it is hard to predict if we have a new Cuenca in our ranks. What is clear is that the new wingers will need to adapt, that takes time and the result is not neccesarily good.

Strikers: Riera, Jonathan Rguez
Riera became a starter after coming in midseaon. Jonathan comes as a big talent, but has only been in Europe for 6 months. He hasn't shown anything yet, but he is a national team player, also a big scorer according to his past performace. Can he bring 10+ goals? At least we have some hope this year, last year Toche and especially Postiga didn't contribute a lot. The best of the three strikers stayed – Riera. Lucas or Luis Alberto are options for this position as well. All in all we are in a better position then last year, but the so called »star striker« hasn't been signed at Depor.


All in all we need to be satisfied with the current roster compared to last years: I expect that Medunjanin and Saul could still leave and would very much want to get one more winger preferably Salomao. We have an almost complete squad very soon compared to last few years. It still wasn't fast enough for the team to adapt, we still have a lot of newcomers, but not a lot of loanies, so finally we can rate this transfer window as positive. I think we can achive permanence as compared to some other teams we are in a much better position.

Very well summarized, I don't think I have anything to add to that, expect the fact that I wouldn't mind loaning Saul, selling Medun, and buying another winger and striker.
deporenrique is offline  
Old 22-08-2015, 08:43   #90
Djalminha
Senior Member

Peña Member
 
Djalminha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 3,436
Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporenrique
Very well summarized, I don't think I have anything to add to that, expect the fact that I wouldn't mind loaning Saul, selling Medun, and buying another winger and striker.

I do think it is realistic that we can improve the striking position much with the remaining budget so I am hoping for an adition at the winger position.

I really like this summary but for me the biggest doubt are in which positions the players will perform. We have a lot of double position players at winger and playmaker so this is the biggest uncertainty.
__________________
1 danés
Djalminha is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Europa League 2014/2015 Rack World Football 6 10-05-2016 15:52
Spain | Primera División & Copa del Rey | 2014/2015 Rack World Football 184 16-06-2015 21:05
Depor Predictions 2014/2015 deporik Prediction League & Quinelas 706 29-05-2015 13:04
Quiniela La Liga 2014/2015 deporik Prediction League & Quinelas 506 29-05-2015 13:03
2013/2014 | General evolution dj-origenal Deportivo 840 21-05-2014 10:09


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:32.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.