Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo B & Youth teams
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo B & Youth teams Forum to discuss everything refered to Deportivo B & all the teams that compose the youth teams of the club

Old 18-07-2013, 14:57   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default Youth Categories | Season 2013/14

Once again eleven youth teams will compete for Deportivo in the new season. These are the coaches.

- Fabril (Tercera División) José Luis Devesa
-Juvenil A (División de Honor): Jaime Sánchez
-Juvenil B (Liga Nacional): Francisco Varela
-Cadete A (División de Honor): Juan Ignacio Subirán
-Cadete B (Liga Gallega): Cándido Filomena
-Infantil A (Liga Gallega): Saúl Vázquez
-Infantil B (Liga Local): Pablo Barros
-Alevín A (Liga Comarcal): Juan Villamisar
-Alevín B (Liga Comarcal): Alejandro Expósito
-Benjamín A (Liga Comarcal): Jorge Castro
-Benjamín B (Liga Comarcal): Roberto Veres
Old 18-07-2013, 15:13   #2
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

These are dark days for the kids. I guess you already read that the club is taking the buses off for the kids that need to move from A Coruña to Abegondo. Many players are thinking in leaving, actually we already lost three kids:

We lost the Leira brothers, striker Jaime Leira from Cadete B & playmaker Alberto Leira from Cadete A. Both joined Barca. We can't compete with Barca as they offer big money to their families. I also read that Barca is paying a fee to Depor for the case of Alberto.

The other is more painful, midfielder Álex Rey from Cadete A is going to Celta. This was one of our best youngsters.

By the way, Celta is loitering around and is also trying to take Julio Delgado and Sergio Pereira, two international players that should join Fabril on this season. The last thing I read is that Lendoiro won't let this happen.

The problem is not only the money, Abegondo, as any big academy in Spain, is now full of agents like Botas, these people just move the kids for money and its tough to negotiate with them.
Old 18-07-2013, 15:59   #3
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

Too sad for the truth that Depor's finance influences to youth players.

Depor seems to lose not only best players in 1st team but also promising kids. It's getting worse and worse.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 18:22   #4
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

We need to find solution. Our hopes are connected with better young system and more galician players in our team, when somethig like these happen I could define that the thing aren't improving exactly the opposite they getting worst. As caabrego wrote, if these kids leave we gonna waste too much time to create new ones. We need to overcome this problems, in our way to salvation.
Old 19-07-2013, 09:14   #5
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Celta poaching our youngsters is bound to happen simply because they're a level above us at the moment (i.e. Primera v Segunda). Plus, the Aspas sale to Liverpool has opened new doors for them to the Premiership. If youngsters think they can join Celta and then be in with a chance to go to the moneybags league, why would they pick Depor, whose only ever sale to England was Xisco?
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 09:17   #6
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
If youngsters think they can join Celta and then be in with a chance to go to the moneybags league, why would they pick Depor, whose only ever sale to England was Xisco?
Luque, Coloccini Also Naybet went there from us. Maybe Cesar Martin...
Old 19-07-2013, 09:28   #7
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Luque, Coloccini Also Naybet went there from us. Maybe Cesar Martin...

I stand corrected!
Old 28-08-2013, 12:45   #8
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Finally, the Leira brothers and Julio Delgado, who were going to leave Depor anyway, are part of the deal for Borja Baston.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia...8G28P35991.htm
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 22:36   #9
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

What Lendoiro explained on this subject:

Quote:
BORJA BASTON, JULIO DELGADO AND THE LEIRA’S BROTHERS
“There are some terms that I cannot tell [Borja’s arrival], because it is referred to the player and Atlético. For the moment it’s a loan for two years, but at the end of the period it’s possible that Deportivo could get the player’s rights. Atlético Madrid would cancel his contract with the player and then Depor would take charge of his contract, we also have the right to receive part of a possible transfer. Later we also have a deal with three youngsters [Julio Delgado, Alberto Leira & Jaime Leira] that were linked to Deportivo and that had told us that they didn’t want to continue. It was impossible to reach an agreement with those players, Over two of these players we are keeping a series of rights [Julio Delgado & Alberto Leira] including the 50% of a possible transfer plus incentives if those players reach Atlético Madrid B or the A team, plus other circumstances.”

“Beyond an agreement with Atlético this is an agreement with their agency, because [Grupo] Bahía represents Borja and also these boys. There was a problem as both [Julio Delgado & Alberto Leira] were linked to the club and didn’t want to play at Deportivo, actually we were talking with Burela [a team from a lower league in Galicia] in order to see Julio [Delgado] playing there, while the elder of the Leira’s brothers [Alberto] told us they were going to pay the formation rights. Facing this situation later there were no problems to solve the issue as Atlético is paying them ten times more. I’m my opinion this is a good deal as they didn’t want to continue and we reached this agreement, which is a triangle that goes from Borja to Leira passing through Julio Delgado.”
Old 29-08-2013, 09:20   #10
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

I guess the real question here is why do Delgado and the Leira brothers want to leave Depor? What's happening at the Youth levels that they don't like? I hope somebody at the Club can fix the problems and stop this haemorrhage soon.
Old 29-08-2013, 09:48   #11
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

OK we will have to be realistic as well. First of all if a club like Atletico, Valencia or especially Barca, RM offers a contract to a youngster then the youngster gets some serious money and not just pea-nuts as they are probably dishing at our acedemy.

Secondlly, they probably offer a parent with a job (that is how it is usualy done in Italy) and considering the financial instability in Spain makes it so much harder for a young talent and his family to resist. Again one of the consequence of the financial crisis, less people, companies, societies have money, but they have more of it and they have more stability. Unfortunatlly.
Old 29-08-2013, 10:48   #12
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Very true Iztok. I thought of all of that before I asked the question. It appears those kids wanted to jump ship before the ATM deal was made though...
Old 29-08-2013, 12:32   #13
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

You didn't read this part, didn't you?
Quote:
Atlético is paying them ten times more.
Old 29-08-2013, 12:59   #14
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

I saw that alright. But isn't it true that they were going to leave anyway - brfore the deal with ATM was even a possibility? The fear I have is that we're cutting the Abegondo operation to the bone and this will drive other youngsters away, not only to Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, etc, but to our nearest rivals down south.
Old 29-08-2013, 13:02   #15
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Very true Iztok. I thought of all of that before I asked the question. It appears those kids wanted to jump ship before the ATM deal was made though...

I'm still inclined that they wanted financial stability and they saw what's happening here. The club was almost relegated and/or disband.

If that is the reason, it is understandable, but I agree with you that the reason could be somewhere else....we have seen, so many times how badly we treat our youth and I bealive that the big fat man was behind much of it, possibly even in this case.