Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 11:59   #1
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2014/2015 | General evolution

So for the new season, situation playerwise is a follows:

GK: Lux, Fabri - enough quality, one of the Fabril keepers can act as the 3rd option

RB: Laure, Seoane, MP - No changes needed.
LB: Luisinho, Canella - If Luisinho will be played as a winger, Seoane or MP can cover the position
CB: Lopo, Insua; (I miss Marchena already), We need one signing, not a priority, but it is neccesery, Alex or one of the Fabril youngs can act as a 4th CB

CM: JD, Alex, Wilk; We need one more player, probably a creative CM as a replacent for JD. If Wilk will be released we need one more DM. Nothing from Fabril is usefull with Teles out.

Wingers, playmakers: Juan Carlos, Rudy, Arizmendi; Basically we have nothing. Juan Carlos is out of favor and will be used as a backup if he stays. Arizmendi should be let go, but he has a contract so probably another back up. Rudy didn't even play loaned out, didn't shine in Segunda as well, so another fringe player. Fabril has Bicho and Lemos, they can fight for the spot (if they stay), but they can not carry the weight of this positions.
We need at least 3-4 quality players; we should try to re-loan Sissoko, maybe even Salomao if fit, fight for Lucas, Bojan, Cuenca, Gama and find a damm good playmaker. Like in the season before we are left completely without attacking midfielders that we can trust our offensive game and it will bite us in the ass. We need to put the majority of our money in this area and fast.

Strikers: Borja, Toche, Luis 3 strikers is enough, especially for a short squad, but since Luis will probably be loaned, we could use an aditional striker. Toche didn't show much and Borja faded after a good start and I am not confident with Ifran either, so we might have a problem here as well.

Last edited by Iztok : 04-07-2014 at 12:02.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:47   #2
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Nice post man but definitely we need more players. As you have said we need to invest in midfielders,wingers and playmakers, we have been lacking quality on this positions since years and now we need to recover. I think Juan Carlos should stay as it comes to rudy and arizmendi surely they gonna be out. Also JD is a class player we can rely on him but Alex and Wilk no way, don't repeat the same mistakes from the last season FV, Alex could go as s CB perhaps for most of the season. But yes definitely we need 2 midfielders at least 3 wingers quality ones and if we get back Sissoko would be nice he has the potential and quality playmaker and good striker well it seems we need many reinforcements lol.
Old 08-07-2014, 14:51   #3
benea

benea is on a distinguished road

I can hardly pick 2-3 players from that list that are "Primera quality". Even in the best case when all squad is fit, we can barely get a first-11 good enough for facing competition. Some fresh blood is definitely needed!
Old 08-07-2014, 15:05   #4
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Iztok has basically said it all above. Interesting to see where we go with the transfers now that FV has been booted out.

I also agree with benea - very little Primera quality in our squad (so far). Holes in almost every line. Almost has the feel of just ramming the jigsaw together with the pieces in the wrong places.
Old 09-07-2014, 00:34   #5
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

from Iztok's list the only players that have a chance to be starters are: Lux - Laure - Insua - Luisinho - Juando.

And maybe Lopo.

and I wouldn't be suprised if only half of them became starters. The sporting directors are talking about 12 new signings ..
Old 09-07-2014, 09:09   #6
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Although I agree we need a lot of quality player, 12 is too much. There simply is no time to organize and make them function together. We should focus on creative midfield, also having in mind players that played for us before: Sissoko, Gama, Salomao - just bringing mass load of players without knowing how good they will be, how will they fit in the team, combine with others is nonsense. One thing I agree with FV is bringing quality over quantity, I hope the new coach keeps this concept, but changes all the rest, starting with attitude toward players and managment.
Old 15-07-2014, 10:59   #7
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

i think we need 5 quality players

the return of Bruno gama might help, Pizzi is soled to Benefica and was loaned to Espanyol and might be loaned again

Sissoko and a central defender maybe colotto ! or Mateo Musacchio or Antonio Amaya

and a young talented finisher

sum up

Colotto, Sissoko, Gama, Pizzi and an attacker
Old 27-07-2014, 21:27   #8
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

6 Players signed so far all of them signed one year contract...!!
I'm afraid about the future of this club, we can't survive like this in the long term
Old 28-07-2014, 10:48   #9
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor warriors
6 Players signed so far all of them signed one year contract...!!
I'm afraid about the future of this club, we can't survive like this in the long term

I think this is the "long term", not only for Depor, but for the majority of the clubs.
The elite will be buying and the rest will either get loanies, or free transfers.

Does any team from the bottom half of the table at primera made any transfer so far?
I mean, paying money for the transfer and signing a few years contract? I haven't heard of any....
Old 28-07-2014, 11:16   #10
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

I think there are 2 teams in La liga that are out of this world, or at least out of Spains league. After that you have Atletico, Sevilla, possibly Valencia, Sociedad also Bilbao that have the possibility to buy good (not top class) players. All the rest are struglling with loanies, free agents, low cost transfers (maybe up to 100.000). This league is not normal, and it is only thanks to good work at the clubs, a lot of home talents and in some cases good scouting that clubs float above water...and also that La liga doesn't drown all the financaly troubled teams - in that case maybe only half of the clubs would survive.

It is so painfull to watch James, Kroos, Suarez,Matthieu transfers, it just shows that La liga hasn't got a clue how to organize the league to be more just and to help the whole spanish football, not just the powerhouses that already have more than enough of assistance.
Old 28-07-2014, 11:31   #11
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Does any team from the bottom half of the table at primera made any transfer so far?
I mean, paying money for the transfer and signing a few years contract? I haven't heard of any....
Celta paid 1,5M EUR for Hernandez, Malaga paid 1M for Ricardo Horta.

Not to forget that Eibar paid 12K (!!!) for Javi Lara.

To Iztok!
English league does the same with Spanish liga, as Spanish giants do the Spanish minors. Still no-one complains (except me )
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...dakis-on-trial

Last edited by DepHun : 28-07-2014 at 11:34.
Old 28-07-2014, 11:35   #12
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

I just checked transfermarkt.de and found only 2/13 teams that I mentioned as strugglers have made a transfer in an ammount of 1M EUR or more:

-Villareal (Asenjo - 5M J. Dos Santos - 2 M)
-and Celta (P.Hernandez - 1,6M )

Also Malaga paid 0,8 M for R.Horta and Eibar 12.000 EUR for J.Lara
And thats all of the paid transfers so far.

Barca in the meantime already spent 143M and Real 110M. Atletico also spent a lot -58M.
This is just one of the points of how unbalanced this league is.

Of course the english teams are taking players from Spain, but they are not taking them from Barca, Real as they aren't in this league. As I said the only good thing about spanish football is the ammount of talent and quality players produced for the market - Real,Barca and English teams in majority of the cases.

Last edited by Iztok : 28-07-2014 at 11:38.
Old 28-07-2014, 11:47   #13
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Add PSG to that mini league of big buyers
Old 28-07-2014, 12:14   #14
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
I
Barca in the meantime already spent 143M and Real 110M. Atletico also spent a lot -58M.
If Di Maria goes out for 80M, then Madrid sells over 110M. Atletico spent 58M + Griezmann, but sold over 80M. More or less equal. Barca has incomes of player-selling of over 80M as well.
Old 28-07-2014, 14:23   #15
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Barca is currently at -63M, Real at -81M.
Barca probably won't sell and possible could sign aditonal players. Its true that Real will probably sell Di Maria or Khedira so they could balance their transfers, but they will do that if the offer is very good or if the player desires. Otherwise no, they don't have to, all the rest have to.

If we look at the 2013/2014 season the transfer sum:
Barca: -42M
Real: -52M
Bilbao -15M
Villareal -7M
Elche -0,6M

All the rest had positive sum, including Atletico + 43M, Sociedad +12M
out of 400M EUR spent, Real+Barca spent more then half.
This year the ratio could be even worse.