Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 06-09-2017, 16:36   #31
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

He could be out until Christmas with this injury.!
Old 07-09-2017, 13:31   #32
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Finally it's been decided he will go through surgery in order to fix his groin injury
http://www.rcdeportivo.es/noticia/ca...lunes-en-porto
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 15:13   #33
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapping
23/May/2018: 15h38: Market news: Carmelo Del Pozo confirmed today that he already has a "name" and a "face" for the new coach. He also confirmed that the buyout option over Carles Gil is mandatory regardless the league where Depor is playing.
for once I am happy, despite the possible shortage of funds.. I believe he could blossom into a fine player provided he stays fit and plays regularly..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 17:26   #34
Mr Pink
Beginner

Mr Pink is on a distinguished road
Default carles Gil

So, it looks like we may lose Carles in the winter transfer market. I must say, I will be extremely disappointed if he goes.

Ok, he only scored a single goal, and got four assists for us during last years torrid season, playing 15 times. But his lack of game time was caused by a groin injury that kept him out for over three months.

This season he hasn’t pulled up any trees playing at a lower level. However, at 25, he still has a good part of his career left in front of him, so the potential Valencia/Villa fans saw glimpses of could still be fulfilled if he had a serious run in our first team.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-01-2019, 21:49   #35
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
So, it looks like we may lose Carles in the winter transfer market. I must say, I will be extremely disappointed if he goes.

Ok, he only scored a single goal, and got four assists for us during last years torrid season, playing 15 times. But his lack of game time was caused by a groin injury that kept him out for over three months.

This season he hasn’t pulled up any trees playing at a lower level. However, at 25, he still has a good part of his career left in front of him, so the potential Valencia/Villa fans saw glimpses of could still be fulfilled if he had a serious run in our first team.

Just my opinion.

And Natxo leaving him out of tomorrow's game is a clear evidence that we may loose him. He is a class, but need a coach who knows how to motivate and trust in him. Even if he goes would not be lethal for our promotion ambitious, but in case we go up indeed we are loosing a lot.
Conclusion: board must try to keep him, because for Primera he will be more useful than for Segunda.
Old 13-01-2019, 10:44   #36
Mr Pink
Beginner

.... Also, I hear that he wants to go to Huesca? Has to be for money, as they are botttom of la liga, with 11 points, and are as good as relegated.
Old 13-01-2019, 12:49   #37
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

I really hope he stays
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 11:25   #38
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

We definitely have not seen the best of him, he is capable of better performances. But whether it be injuries, motivation or the tactics employed, he is not shinning for us.

The worry for me if we sell him, is that we don't have attacking midfielders who have can hold up the ball and slow down the play as he does.

Saying that, if we can sell him for a few million, get his probable high salary off the books, and bring in a couple of new attacking midfielders who can make the difference, then it would be a positive sale for us.
Old 16-01-2019, 02:25   #39
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
We definitely have not seen the best of him, he is capable of better performances. But whether it be injuries, motivation or the tactics employed, he is not shinning for us.

The worry for me if we sell him, is that we don't have attacking midfielders who have can hold up the ball and slow down the play as he does.

Saying that, if we can sell him for a few million, get his probable high salary off the books, and bring in a couple of new attacking midfielders who can make the difference, then it would be a positive sale for us.

https://ibb.co/s5nTNzr

doesn't look like a guy who wants to stay.

I respect him a lot but frankly what did he do?

almost nothing.... i know he has talent but did it have great impact no.

maybe its the tactic of the coach, i really don't know.. perhaps the best thing for both sides is to sell him and get two attacking midfielders and a defensive one too, that is of course if we can cash good money from his transfare
Old 17-01-2019, 16:59   #40
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Probably there is something between Natxo and Gil since the coach is telling him in an indirect way to leave.
16/Jan/2019: 15h11: Market news: Natxo González told to La Voz de Galicia that Carles Gil has a good offer from a foreign club and that he is studying it. The coach also said that the best thing is to see him leaving if he won't be focused in Deportivo. Meanwhile, Radio Galega is reporting that Real Valladolid is pushing for Valencian playmaker.
Old 30-01-2019, 22:47   #41
Mr Pink
Beginner

Transfer confirmed to New England. A real shame in my opinion, as I feel we never got to see the best of him - and he clearly has talent.

Hopefully, he will do well in the U.S, as I believe we have the rights on any future transfers.
Old 07-02-2019, 22:04   #42
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Gil is a very talented player, but he did not do much at Depor. Also he suffered some injuries that also player a role why could not show his best.
Another thing to consider here is that when you have talented players you need to have people in the management that know how to "extract" the best out of them and how to motivate them. In many cases we did not do this and later could see Depor ex-players shining elsewhere.