Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 11-09-2011, 21:05   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Segunda | Barca B 2v3 Depor | Sep 11 | 20h00 (CET) | Post Match Comments

A great 1st half performance which saw Lassad get on the end if Guardado's cross for a good header and then the Tunisian got a poachers goal as Guardado went marauding through their defence. Guardado's goal to put us 3 up was superb and reminded me of Beckham and Villa's goal from a few years back.
Barca kept the ball well and had over 70% posession even in the first half but our players looked composed and felt comfortable defending, looking pretty organised in the process.

Unfortunately, like the game against Girona, this was a game of 2 halves and if we were great in the 1st, we were terrible in the 2nd. The composure vanished the further the game went on and we started diving in anywhere and giving silly free kicks away. When Delofeu came on, it seemed to cause some panic amongst us. We still looked dangerous on the counter on the odd ocassion but generally speaking, the 2nd half performance was one to forget quickly.

Still, we took the 3 points and that's the most important thing. Lassad continued his goalscoring form, Guardado was excellent and Celta lost at home. We can't really ask for much more than that
Old 11-09-2011, 21:08   #2
peterke2000
Peņa Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

the first half was great indeed a lot better then the second the goalīs maybe coud have been prevented but we got 3 points so no compaining here.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 21:36   #3
Ricardo
Peņa Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

We really are a team of two halves, and have been for a few years. Its something that really frustrates me, because it costs us points. I hope Oltra is able to stamp this out, because if we want to win this league, we need to be switched on for 95 mins, every game, we cant afford to be so casual!
Rodri has a 1 on 1 with Aranzubia in the last min, and luckily for us he doesnt get a proper connection, otherwise it finishes 3-3.
Apart from that we had a great 1st half and showed what we are capable of.
It looks like Ayoze, Colotto, P.Alvarez and Saul all suffered some sort of injuries, I hope none of them are serious, otherwise this injury situation is looking very serious indeed.
A very important 3 points away from home, there also seemed to be good support for the team (Depor fans) which was great to hear.
Old 11-09-2011, 22:43   #4
Michał
Peņa Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Drama was close, but after all we come back home with 3 points in our bag. Definitely we could have done better, we should have controlled the whole game, but all in all the most important thing is that we won with one of our strongest rivals away from home. That's way today I won't complain about our weak defence and strange changes from Oltra

Biggest positive is Lassad top form and top form of our whole offensive side. We scored 8 goals in last two games, Lassad scored 6 of them. Talking more about stats - from the first to the last goal of Lassad passed just 106 minutes and he needed only 51 minutes to score 5 goals (Girona 65' - Barca B 26'). Since Girona 65' to the Barca B 30' passed just 55 minutes during which we scored 6 goals. I know it's a strange statistic, but I'm just so happy about performance in front

Let's hope that today's injuries aren't serious. If so I can see our close future in bright colours, with such a form we should be able to win next few games. Vamos!
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 22:48   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

The review says our first goal was cancelled because of an inexistent offside, but I was pretty sure it was a correct call..?
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 23:19   #6
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah it was offside. I didnt think it was when it happened straight away but when the original shot came in, Valeron was offside and it was him that picked up the rebound, so he became "active"
Old 12-09-2011, 00:48   #7
Bebeto 27
Peņa Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

For the first time ever, Guardado really impressed me wearing the Depor shirt. Lassad is finally showing some of that talent we all saw in him during his first few apearences.

But I still don't know what the hell happened after Guardado scored that brilliant goal, is like they got relaxed and just said: "job done, lets just defend the score for the rest of the game now (and they even did it very well)".

But Im happy, it looks promising.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:53   #8
depooor
Peņa Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done ... great display by depor we were able to score more goals ... am sure if bodipo was called and played the sub he would have scored
Old 12-09-2011, 04:12   #9
scoop
Site Team

Peņa Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

wow this team is worrying..we cant play well for a 60 minutes much less 90.

great first half tho, awesome goal from guardado
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:22   #10
KaKa

KaKa is on a distinguished road

Nice game now we got 2 wins
Old 12-09-2011, 12:10   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
Yeah it was offside. I didnt think it was when it happened straight away but when the original shot came in, Valeron was offside and it was him that picked up the rebound, so he became "active"
Ah ok, I thought maybe I didn't notice a Barca B defender keeping him onside or something.

Actually, looking at the replay of our second goal, I'm pretty sure it should've been cancelled for offside as well. I'm not complaining though

Guardado actually impressed me in the second half as well. Despite the fact that he's far from a tough player physically, he made some important steals in defense, and was able to bring a little calm to the team while clearing away the danger. If only he hadn't been called for Mexico when we played Hercules.

Here's hoping we can continue our goal scoring form against Sabadell. Sure, they've got 9 points out of a possible 9, but they're not the same level as Barca B and Hercules for sure. They score easily though, so we'll have to be stronger in defense. Their defense on the other hand, is pretty wobbly.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:27   #12
Blue_Nation
Peņa Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

The worst: Our horrible 2nd part and the injuries again...
The best: our impressive 1st half, the great moment of Lassad and the awesome match played by Guardado, who participated in the 2 first goals, and scored probably the best goal of his life. Besides, when Ayoze went out injured, he replaced him as a left back, doing a great and sacrificed job. I'd also like to stand out all Depor fans who were at Mini Estadi yesterday, about 1000. Throgh the TV I could only hear their voices it seemed that we played at Riazor. Amazing! This is a video of Depor fans celebrating after the end of the match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmCJU8175jQ
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 14:19   #13
Feliuk
Administrator

Peņa Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

As I posted in the pre match thread
Apparently there could be quite a few Depor fans there.
There is an iniciative to create a peņa DeportivistaCatalana for Depor fans to unite and see Depor matches in cataluņa.
They are trying to get together for this weekends game and have even created a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=162729000474557

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 14:45   #14
Ricardo
Peņa Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats fantastic, when I went to see Depor at the Nou camp about 3-4 years ago there were hardly any Depor fans there.
Old 12-09-2011, 15:50   #15
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

that was very happy and lucky win.. we play disaster in the second half and in the end of the first half..