Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2017, 16:22   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Oct-23-2017 | matchday 09 | 21h00 | Depor - Girona | Pre-match thread

First game Vs. Girona playing for Primera División

The comment is that Francis will stay as the keeper. Adrián, Schar and Mosquera might be available.
Old 17-10-2017, 19:04   #2
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope that Francis will be good material, cause now the other two won't have a grain of self-confidence left
Old 18-10-2017, 06:17   #3
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
I hope that Francis will be good material, cause now the other two won't have a grain of self-confidence left

Not conceding a goal against a team which has scored three goals this season(Eibar) doesnt really prove much. His true test will come in the upcoming games. Lets see.
Old 18-10-2017, 06:45   #4
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

A must win game.
Old 18-10-2017, 13:56   #5
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip

Correcto. We may as well call up Alex Cobo as cover for Francis coz you can stick a fork in Tyton & Pantilimon.
Old 18-10-2017, 16:21   #6
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Correcto. We may as well call up Alex Cobo as cover for Francis coz you can stick a fork in Tyton & Pantilimon.

I really don't get why Pantimlion is changed... the keeper didn't make big mistakes so far! and playing with Francis is a destruction for the first three keepers. I guess playing him in the cup would be more acceptable

Mel is destroying the team and the board is helping him.
Old 19-10-2017, 01:27   #7
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor
I really don't get why Pantimlion is changed... the keeper didn't make big mistakes so far! and playing with Francis is a destruction for the first three keepers. I guess playing him in the cup would be more acceptable

Normally I would agree but we always have had good luck with young goalies getting a chance to start for example fabricio during the Munua Aoute spat. If this kid can prove he is a great prospect its great to keep him in and around the first team. I highly doubt he will get starter status because hes young and well he played sweeper keeper against Eibar and I doubt thats going to go well vs other teams.
Old 19-10-2017, 05:23   #8
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I would have agreed with you here if this was a field position, or if Tyton or Pantilimon were ******** to work with. According to comments from several players, they are both good calm guys in the changing room, with experience being on the bench.

Now let's give Francis a chance, and hopefully no one will whistle him when his first big mistake will come, as eventually it will come because of his age. His potential cannot be questioned, and I am glad we renewed him.

Last edited by hari : 19-10-2017 at 11:43. Reason: Please dont use abusive words
Old 22-10-2017, 21:35   #9
Thai Depor
Seasoned Member

Thai Depor is on a distinguished road

we are very lucky that Stuani cannot play ... his aerial game would tear our defenders apart
Old 23-10-2017, 06:41   #10
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I really would like to have Francis playing the rest of the season even if he makes mistakes, but the question is: if Francis is good and Mel was planning to use him then why Mel was pushing the club to bring a keeper?! this is not fair for Pantilimon who is a good guy and seems a good keeper and have not done any mistakes yet!!!.
Closed Thread