Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 13-07-2019, 14:12   #46
depooor
Peņa Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
he is professional , devoted , smart and hardworking, if we had him years ago things would have been different, he brought professional and devoted players, if Quique would have scored that shot against Mallorca everybody would be praising DelPozo now ira.

speak about yourself
Old 09-09-2019, 21:10   #47
heidern
Administrator
Peņa Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

Carmelo is a very controversial topic nowadays. In the middle of all the criticism he is receiving lately, I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions on what he has been doing on the transfer market. From the interviews he has given after the new signings presentations, I have to say that he seems very honest about what the club can afford in terms of players. I am happy he is doing that because otherwise we would be in the same situation as Las Palmas or Malaga.

As for the players he's bringing in, some are good and some are bad. I think you can't expect otherwise when all you can afford is to pay small salaries. Quique, Mari, Duarte and Carlos Fernandes were spectacular signings last year. Yes, three were loans and one had a very low buy out clause in his contract. If the way Quique left annoys you, please remember that slavery is illegal and when you pay so little, your employees can negotiate clauses that let them get something out of their contract. And the loans are very critical when you are in debt.

I personally wish he arrived a couple of years earlier when we had more assets in players than today. The sad part is that he might leave before we ever get to a position where we have some financial stability.
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:33   #48
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, we don't have money...

only 16 segunda clubs have less money than Depor, since Depor has the 6th highest salary cap in the league.

The "we don't have money-we have debts" is quite a ridiculous excuse in a league that no-one has money and everyone has debts.

Besides Carmelo wasn't chosen to work with "money", otherwise he would work at Barca. He was chosen by a club with no money, based on criteria (i guess) that he is smart, knows the market, etc, so he can do business with limited money.

If he can't work with limited money let him go to Barca.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:43   #49
DepHun
Veteran
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I am sure he is gonna be out soon. or at least I hope.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:56   #50
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidern
Carmelo is a very controversial topic nowadays. In the middle of all the criticism he is receiving lately, I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions on what he has been doing on the transfer market. From the interviews he has given after the new signings presentations, I have to say that he seems very honest about what the club can afford in terms of players. I am happy he is doing that because otherwise we would be in the same situation as Las Palmas or Malaga.

As for the players he's bringing in, some are good and some are bad. I think you can't expect otherwise when all you can afford is to pay small salaries. Quique, Mari, Duarte and Carlos Fernandes were spectacular signings last year. Yes, three were loans and one had a very low buy out clause in his contract. If the way Quique left annoys you, please remember that slavery is illegal and when you pay so little, your employees can negotiate clauses that let them get something out of their contract. And the loans are very critical when you are in debt.

I personally wish he arrived a couple of years earlier when we had more assets in players than today. The sad part is that he might leave before we ever get to a position where we have some financial stability.

PERFECTLY SAID
finally I see someone talking about DelPozo with some rational and common sense.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:14   #51
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
yeah, we don't have money...

only 16 segunda clubs have less money than Depor, since Depor has the 6th highest salary cap in the league.

The "we don't have money-we have debts" is quite a ridiculous excuse in a league that no-one has money and everyone has debts.

Besides Carmelo wasn't chosen to work with "money", otherwise he would work at Barca. He was chosen by a club with no money, based on criteria (i guess) that he is smart, knows the market, etc, so he can do business with limited money.

If he can't work with limited money let him go to Barca.

it is good for you to know that we are this year 6th in CAP and very close to 11th position, so from a salary CAP point of view we are competing with 15 teams that aspire for promotion, iam not giving any excuse and Iam sure this team will end between 2-6th position.

Carmelo is forced to deal with "money", this is the club limitations which he needs to satisfy, if Rolan was not out in the last day we would not be able to sign 5 players! isn't this a limitation that he must handle?! who brought Rolan?!
who signed stupid contracts with players allowing them to leave for shitty amount of money (Andone, Colak) and others where their salary in Sequnda was not effected due to relegation (Junafran, Luzinho and others)?! who signed 4 shitty goal keepers 2 years ago and many other players which you know for sure?!

at least Delpozo brought mostly decent players and we got decent money for players who left (Quique and Edu), peolpe were complaining about Mari, Durate, Dani, Quique, Carlos and look what they did!
DelPozo is trying to fix things which he did not cause, if people does not understand that then they need some basic understanding of how modern management and football business works.
the team we have now can compete for promotion, if people don't see that then again they need lessons in football, iam shocked of people who are judging the team based on 4 games.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:34   #52
ggeorg

Peņa Member

Quote:
it is good for you to know that we are this year 6th in CAP and very close to 11th position,

We were 3rd in the salary cap last season, very close to 2nd, and far above the 4th.

We missed promotion so Del Pozo failed in his first season. Let's hope he succeeds this one

Obviously, he is not the only one to blame, the management of this team has been abysmal (i.e Rolan) the last seasons.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:52   #53
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
We were 3rd in the salary cap last season, very close to 2nd, and far above the 4th. .
TRUE and with that team we were 30 minutes away from promotion, considering the major change in players compared to previous season and many other factors I believe that he did a good job, we had the team needed to go to PREMIERA!!
as a proof we have 6 players that went out to premiera teams this year, compare that with previous season.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:53   #54
ggeorg

Peņa Member

We were not 30min away of promotion, Mallorca destroyed us and we didn't deserve promotion, as Dani Gimenez said after the game.

We can claim that we were close, but it's also true that we also managed to get the last play off spot in the last days when details got on our way (i remember Cadiz to be completely unlucky and self-destruct in the end).

There are endless ifs, but one fact, we are in segunda.
Old 12-09-2019, 22:25   #55
DepHun
Veteran
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the team we have now can compete for promotion, if people don't see that then again they need lessons in football, iam shocked of people who are judging the team based on 4 games.
thanks for the lesson dude, if I need more, I am gonna sign up at you.
as I said, the Presi, the coaches (including Marti, hired by un-questionable genial del Pozo), Ernesto Bello, lot of players (including the match fixer guy, then Dubarbier, Valentin, Nahuel) are all out. They were the ones who made the mistakes. Without them we are shining. 1/4 wins.

Last edited by DepHun : 12-09-2019 at 22:29.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote