Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 19-10-2008, 21:14   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football Fans Behaviour and Experiences

This thread is all about fan behaviour; varying from different attitudes/atmospheres around the world and the differences between regular fans, ultras and hooligans.

Last edited by deporik : 28-10-2008 at 01:29.
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 22:12   #2
ImHoTeP1907
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

ImHoTeP1907 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ImHoTeP1907

i really dont understand a person who is supporting another team while he/she is living homeland.

TurKishSuperDepor and Barkoty, honestly, i belive something. if we wanna make a league that have more quality, i think we have to support our homeland team. i have never heard that "barcelona Deportivo Derneği" or "madrid sevillalılar derneği" but in Turkey, nearly all cities have 3 giants fans zones.

i really dont get it. if i live in Ankara, i ould support ankaraspor,ankaragücü or Genclerbirligi. if Ankara doesnt have any team in Super League, maybe i can support another team.

Ass,Gass or Grass
ImHoTeP1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 22:33   #3
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

I support Gençlerbirliği too and I sometimes go to their matches if I have time. But you're really right, you don't see passionate fan support in those teams in Ankara (except Ankaragücü of course, Gecekondu you know)
Old 21-10-2008, 09:46   #4
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHoTeP1907
i really dont understand a person who is supporting another team while he/she is living homeland.

TurKishSuperDepor and Barkoty, honestly, i belive something. if we wanna make a league that have more quality, i think we have to support our homeland team. i have never heard that "barcelona Deportivo Derneği" or "madrid sevillalılar derneği" but in Turkey, nearly all cities have 3 giants fans zones.

i really dont get it. if i live in Ankara, i ould support ankaraspor,ankaragücü or Genclerbirligi. if Ankara doesnt have any team in Super League, maybe i can support another team.

There is the chance that someone doesn't feel connected with his homeland, or for some other reason feels closer to an other land/team than his homeland/team.
That's accepted by me. But what usually happens (same in Greece) is that people tend to support teams that have big chances to win the title. That's a cheap and easy mainstream, so i disrespect it
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 11:03   #5
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

As someone who doesn't have a team he supports in his "homeland", I totally agree with ggeorg.
Old 22-10-2008, 14:53   #6
ImHoTeP1907
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

ImHoTeP1907 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ImHoTeP1907

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
No problem Look, you should know by now that I'm not a fan at all of the Belgian football competition. I laugh at Belgian teams more than anything else. It's just that Turkish teams besides Gala and Fener aren't that much better. A game of Standard against Fener or Gala could go either way, just like a game of Brugge or Anderlecht against Besiktas could go either way. Besides those teams, Turkish teams and Belgian teams have about the same level.

And don't start about the fans please, those are way less important than a lot of you lead to believe. Don't know about Besiktas, but I have never been impressed by Fener fans. Sure, they're spectucular for about fifteen minutes, but if it's still 0-0 by then, or god help us, they're 0-1 behind, the only thing those guys do is boo their own team. It's the same in Belgium with a lot of dumbass teams, but it's kind of ridiculous that a team like Fener which always brags so much about their fans always does that kind of thing.

Yeah sure we will brags so much about our fans. i know, you can not watch Turkish Super League in Europe even highlights but our fans really a positive power behind of their teams. Fenerbahce was unbeatable for 15 matches in Kadikoy and im sure this success have to grateful fans. Also Besiktas Carsi and Galatasaray Ultraslan , too. Their aim is just love their team and support in anywhere, anytime.

i dont wanna put pictures or youtube videos to show our fans, 'cause if you wanna look and search, you can find it easily. But be sure, Turkish fans are different. really different Take this difference negative or positive but thats the truth.

edit: here is a website that i forgat to write its about an American visit the Turkey and watch a Fener game. After the game, he decided to create this website

http://www.fenerbahceworldwide.org/

Ass,Gass or Grass
ImHoTeP1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 19:13   #7
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Turkish fans can be spectacular, but Fener fans in the stadium tend to turn their back on the team quickly when things aren't going well in a game. Some Belgian dude who coached some team in Turkey said the same thing. And it's true tbh, every time I see Fener on tv, their fans start booing when things aren't going all that well. I particularly remember Fener - Anderlecht last year. They thought it was 0-0 for too long and started booing. I forgot that coach's name by the way. Wasn't he the coach of Genclerbirligi one or two years ago? Any of the Turkish guys know who I mean? He was on a Belgian football talk show a month ago or something, I think he has a Turkish background as well. By the way, he also said that the Turkish league and Belgian league are very similar in terms of quality I also remember Karel D'Haene saying that the people are much too demanding in Turkey, which was one of the reasons why he was glad to be able to return to Belgium. Anyway, I agree that the Turkish league is slightly stronger than the Belgian one, but the difference in quality is almost neglectable.

Anyway, the influence of fans on a team playing is highly overrated. I'm not saying in Turkey particularly, I mean everywhere.

Last edited by deporiginal : 22-10-2008 at 19:18.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 19:24   #8
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Anyway, the influence of fans on a team playing is highly overrated. I'm not saying in Turkey particularly, I mean everywhere.

Go and tell to the Torcida guys that
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 19:34   #9
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

Or Çarşı (Beşiktaş) and Gecekondu (Ankaragücü)
Old 22-10-2008, 20:37   #10
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Those hardcore annoying fans aren't fan of their team, they're fan of themselves
Old 23-10-2008, 07:46   #11
TurkishSuperDepor

TurkishSuperDepor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to TurkishSuperDepor

Quote:
Those hardcore annoying fans aren't fan of their team, they're fan of themselves

It means you've never seen the fan effect on football matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04dmcdOHsJA
TurkishSuperDepor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 11:56   #12
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkishSuperDepor
It means you've never seen the fan effect on football matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04dmcdOHsJA
You're showing me singing, I'm not seeing the effect

Anyway, fans like to believe they're very important, but in fact they really don't matter that much lol. That's what I hate people like those Torcida guys, who seemed to think that they were the most important part of the team.

It's like Kompany once said. When the home fans are singing loud for us, it gives us a good feeling. But when they boo the other team every ball they get, it just makes the opponent want to prove themselves more, so they play more agressive too. It goes both ways.
Old 24-10-2008, 12:25   #13
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

If the home-crowds don't effect the results of the matches, why are home-team wins more often than away-team wins? Because of the long journeys?

Anyway playing away in any stadium in Istambul is one of the worst things for a football player, I think.
I know you are a football player, Original, but how long can a player play for a club without fans? The fans - with their financial support - are at least as important for the clubs as the players. But I think that rather more. There is comment in Hungary, but I heard similar things all over the Balkan: you can change your wife, you can change your job, you can change your house anytime, but your club NEVER.
I don't like them at all, but I am certain that Torcida is the most important thing for Hajduk Split. I think you would get a little mental shock if you should play in Turkey
Old 24-10-2008, 12:44   #14
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
you can change your wife, you can change your job, you can change your house anytime, but your club NEVER.

That was the exact justification I used for getting my Depor tattoo. (Not sure my wife appreciated me saying it though )
Old 24-10-2008, 14:41   #15
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
That was the exact justification I used for getting my Depor tattoo. (Not sure my wife appreciated me saying it though )
so this is a regular comment of suporters all over the continent. I have never heard it from a player. Original?