Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

View Poll Results: Do you want Djalminha to come?
yes, he is a genious!!! 25 78.13%
no, he is a very conflictive player 1 3.13%
no, he is too old 4 12.50%
yes, he is the substitute for Valerón 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2003, 10:15   #1
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale
Default Ex-Depor player: Djalminha

speaking of the copa clash with mallorca, do u think we should get pandiani back? or should he be sold to mallorca after the loan ends?

we already have three great strikers, and if we get pandiani back lendoiro might sell tristan. honestly i prefer to keep tristan. what do u all think? 8)

how about djalma? do u think we can get him back? do u think he WANTS to return to La Coruna?

how vulnerable was the playmaker position when valeron was injured... but will the temperamental brazilian be content playing the second fiddle?
Old 04-03-2003, 10:51   #2
Lendoiro

Lendoiro is off the scale

Pandiani should be sold, or otherwise i will lose my favourite player!!

Djalminha most likely will be sold aswell, Irureta is a very egotistical manager. I agree that Depor lack that creative play when Valeron is missing, but what can u do! Atleast Jabo is using Makaay-Tristan
Lendoiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 11:21   #3
DEPORFAN 1989
Occasional Member

DEPORFAN 1989 is off the scale

I like DJALMA very much!!!
come djalma!!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:26   #4
Anonymous
Occasional Member

Anonymous is off the scale

I also think Pandiani have to be sold. His value is increasing because of his goals, so he can bring a lot of money what is needed. I think he is a good player, but prefer the ones we have now. And personally I think Luque will be as good or maybe better as the other two if he plays more often.

Good news is that depor is winning since Naybet and Andrade are the central duo. That is the biggest win because with our strikers there will be goals, but at the back it was fragile untill now

Btw Djalma is always welcome, but Depor has shown they can do without a natural playmaker in the last period.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 15:38   #5
dip14
Seasoned Member

dip14 is off the scale

djalminha is the best player to replace valeron..........

but will he play under ireita(?)

But i think it is clear that the team lacks his presence..............

some one bring him back..........he has atleast 2 seasons left in his career............
dip14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 17:48   #6
Diego
Peña Member

Diego is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Diego
Default Pandiani and Djalminha

I think that they should at least keep Djalminha because he is a great player!!! Pandiani is a good striker too , but i don´t think that Depor needs him so much as it needs Djalminha, the Brazilian Torpedo!!!
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 20:23   #7
Mattias
Peña Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

Pandiani as a starter can be lethal, he proved it at Mallorca where he has not much midfield support. I'd like to see him play for Depor but it doesn't seem like an option because we already have 3 strikers. Maybe if he makes a really big effort and ends the season with a lot of success we could sell him for a good price during the summer.
Djalminha has been playing indoor football mostly in Austria I think. And from his comments I guess he likes it there. I don't think he'll return to be Valerón's substitute...
Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 00:41   #8
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Renember this: Tristán + Makaay + Luque is the best offense in La Liga (34 goals in 25 games) So, Why we have to change it?
The probleme is Roma, Milan and others want Tristán and Makaay for next season and money is one thing that the club need, its gonna to be difficult to keep the formation, I think that "Loco" Abreu and Pandiani are good options if we sold someone, and ther are rumors (tribalfotball.com and calciomercato.com) that Deportivo are serching for new faces in the market, for example Recoba (Inter) and Chevanton (Lecce).
Old 05-03-2003, 03:40   #9
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale

Quote:
The probleme is Roma, Milan and others want Tristán and Makaay for next season and money is one thing that the club need, its gonna to be difficult to keep the formation,

i think we should try to keep a formation that works at all cost. we are not obligated to sell players to other teams that "want" them, just for the money, unless we are really desperate.

basically i think we should keep makaay tristan luque for as long as possible. sell pandiani for the highest price possible and offload abreu as profitably as we can.

as for djalminha, if he doesnt wish to return, or irureta does not want him back, should we look for a new playmaker or make do with fran or luque? but fran's getting old too so we might need new blood...

depor has many players on loan and they really should try to sell them all off. save the club the trouble of finding TENTATIVE loan venues for these players every year when they could be using the time to think of improvement strategy for the privileged 25. what do u think? :idea:
Old 05-03-2003, 19:41   #10
Mattias
Peña Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
The probleme is Roma, Milan and others want Tristán and Makaay for next season and money is one thing that the club need, its gonna to be difficult to keep the formation, I think that "Loco" Abreu and Pandiani are good options if we sold someone, and ther are rumors (tribalfotball.com and calciomercato.com) that Deportivo are serching for new faces in the market, for example Recoba (Inter) and Chevanton (Lecce).
AS Roma is a midtable Italian team, comparable to Celta or Betis in Spain. Why would Tristan want to make a risky move there?
Milan have Shevchenko (Berlusconi's friend->stays), Inzaghi (will stay as well) plus Rivaldo and Tomasson fighting for a starting place. They have no room for Tristan. Juventus has Del Piero (fans favourite), Trezeguet (I don't think they'll sell), Di Vaio (pointless not to buy him for cheap after a 10 million euro loan finishes with Parma) and Zalayeta fighting for a bench place. They don't need to waste money on Tristan.
Lazio can't afford him, Inter are full of strikers, where in Italy would he go?
Man Utd are a much more possible place...but I hope they stick to their own strikers and Lendoiro won't accept any offers below the buyout clause.
Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 19:14   #11
Janushis
Beginner

Janushis is off the scale

i think Pandiani must be sold, because super depor allready has enough good stikers, and i think djalminha is too old for depor. he is a fantastic player but he is too slow and old.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:13   #12
labas

Pandiani's only chance at Depor is if one of the 3 strikers you currently have, get's sold. Then I can see him making a return, otherwise he's gone for good.

Djalminha should've given Irureta a lot to think about. Valeron's injury woes have proven beyond doubt how essential the playmaking role is for Depor - look how the team struggled without their mastermind behind the forwards (thank the heavens Luque proved to be a decent support striker, or it could've been even worse).
On the other hand it's not all up to Irureta - Djalma is the character he is, and he may just not give a fuc*. Great shame that'd be.
Old 10-03-2003, 16:27   #13
Anonymous
Occasional Member

Anonymous is off the scale

i think your all missing an important point. Will Pandiani want to go back to deportivo? i doubt it. think of it from his point of view, now he's the first choice striker at mallorca, he's scoring goals and he gets on with his current manager. Like he said ' its difficult to score goals when you play for the last 10 minutes' and thats what he had to put up with at deportivo, and that was when makaay was injured too.
To be honest i havnt heard much about Djalma's football in switzerland, maybe its time for another midfielder too?
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 07:29   #14
Lendoiro

Lendoiro is off the scale

I think Pandiani wants to come back, wasnt he the one which said he will respect the Riazor crowd by not celebrating?
Lendoiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:31   #15
Ronaldinho
Beginner

Ronaldinho is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to Ronaldinho Send a message via MSN to Ronaldinho

I think if Pandiani wants to come back - ok, and if don't - even better. But Djalminha should come back because he is Brazilian and Brazilians have more creativity and better driblings than the other nationalities and that's missing to Depor
RORZA LIVERPOOL FC!
FORZA FC JUVENTUS!
Ronaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote