Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Current players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current players & coaches Forum for the current players of Deportivo

Old 29-05-2019, 20:09   #151
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

An explanation of the case:
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n-news.php?cid=9165
Old 17-10-2019, 20:18   #152
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Deportivo: Peru Nolaskoain about not having clear his position on the pitch, “You don't know what type of player you are. You talk about Messi and you know what kind of player he is; from any other, the same. I don't know what kind of player I am, and I don't know if that will be good or bad. Being versatile is good, but having the clear idea of what you must do is also important. And I don't know that right now. I would like to be aware of what I must do in order to help the team, but no. It’s an awkward situation to not even know what you have to train for next Sunday.”

Strange interview by this young lad. It seems he is complaining in a polite way. Another loan player that will go away as soon as the season ends. I don´t even know why the club is still following that politic with the loans.
Old 18-10-2019, 09:55   #153
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

to Peru N. I have a simple tactical suggestion: don't give the ball to the opponent. mainly not on our half. well, if possible.
Old 05-11-2019, 17:12   #154
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

David Simon needs surgery for a Pubis injury and is expected to be out for the next 3-4 months.

Which leaves us with just Boveda at right back (Unavailable for the Elche game). Looks like Luis Cesar will opt for either Galan or Valin.

I hope Valin gets the nod.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:16   #155
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n-news.php?cid=9424 - quite straightforward interview by Christian Santos.

I think he should be getting more minutes, but after his statements this will not happen probably. Other strikers are not better than him. Look Longo for example.

He is also revealing that there are problems in the changing room despite everyone saying everything is perfect there.

To make such an open interview does not come from today to tomorrow or in Santos case "the glass is already full" . I try to imagine all ridiculous things that must be happening inside this club nowadays.
Old 10-11-2019, 18:15   #156
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

This board has tried its best to not allow any team spirit to get evolved in the team, by replacing continually players and coaches and throwing away everyone that could get identified with the team.
They prefer this face-less type of club, mercenary players that comes and go. Maybe it's easier to handle this.
After Santos' comments today came Francis (who is still a member of the club) to declare that this team is worse to Fabril and that Mollejo wouldn't be a starter to Fabril.
Mollejo replied that if Francis wishes he can come to save the team.

Nice....
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 21:55   #157
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

maybe even with his injured meniscus and ligament, Francis is better than Dani G.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:31   #158
abdul001

abdul001 is on a distinguished road

Vasgas should be tested
abdul001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:52   #159
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
This board has tried its best to not allow any team spirit to get evolved in the team, by replacing continually players and coaches and throwing away everyone that could get identified with the team.
They prefer this face-less type of club, mercenary players that comes and go. Maybe it's easier to handle this.
After Santos' comments today came Francis (who is still a member of the club) to declare that this team is worse to Fabril and that Mollejo wouldn't be a starter to Fabril.
Mollejo replied that if Francis wishes he can come to save the team.

Nice....

What other option do we have then to continuously keep replacing players. The good players will get picked up by other teams and the guys that are willing to stay are the ones that wouldnt cut it anywhere else. We have no option but to keep building a new team each season. Fabril players are not good enough either.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:27   #160
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelvin
What other option do we have then to continuously keep replacing players. The good players will get picked up by other teams and the guys that are willing to stay are the ones that wouldnt cut it anywhere else. We have no option but to keep building a new team each season. Fabril players are not good enough either.

Why the good players would have to go somewhere else??? We had a budget of a primera team when being in primera, and one of the higher budgets in segunda.

Juan Carlos, Poroto Lux, Juan Dominguez, Laure, etc, are getting higher salaries somewhere else?
Poroto had a quality no goalie had after him...he would make nice bbqs...

What is the quality, or market value of the Mallorca players?

Football isn't about checking the Jovanovic's in transfermarkt and guessing that the "ic" players can pay football, but about building a collective with players of proper character, mentality, that can feel connected with the team the city etc....
We had even seen good day having a teacher as a coach, only because he could transmit the "deportivismo" mentality to the players.
The teacher was better than the coach with the football tactics site.
Old 11-11-2019, 13:03   #161
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I also don't like that every season we are having to bring in so many new faces.

We are missing the players from last season who were proper professionals: Duarte, Mari, Carlos and Quique for example.

We are also missing players who really identify with the club: Juan Carlos, Raul, Lemos or even Mosquera.

Which is why I am so keen to see Fabril players integrated into this Team.

I can see us being busy in the January transfer window, because relegation to Segunda B would be catastrophic for this club!
Old 11-11-2019, 13:26   #162
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
Which is why I am so keen to see Fabril players integrated into this Team.

Definitely!!

But there's sth rotten in this club the last seasons, we can't deny this.

Remember when Paco Zaz got elected, what was the first thing he intended to do? To convince a young lad that wanted to leave Depor, to believe in the project and stay, as a symbolic move to the new era.

Guess what? The guy went to Celta....
Old 11-11-2019, 13:53   #163
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why the good players would have to go somewhere else??? We had a budget of a primera team when being in primera, and one of the higher budgets in segunda.

Juan Carlos, Poroto Lux, Juan Dominguez, Laure, etc, are getting higher salaries somewhere else?
Poroto had a quality no goalie had after him...he would make nice bbqs...

In primera, at best, we had the budget of a mid-table club. We were losing our best players (eg. Lucas Perez) to bigger spanish or english clubs. The one season that we finally managed to assemble a good squad, it all fell apart as none of those players performed well and we got relegated.

Those players that you mentioned were at best average. Not primera level. I dont think any of them are doing any better now. Even if they are, none of us could have predicted that given as they were nothing special when playing with us.

Quote:
What is the quality, or market value of the Mallorca players?
They are the exception, not the rule.

Quote:
Football isn't about checking the Jovanovic's in transfermarkt and guessing that the "ic" players can pay football, but about building a collective with players of proper character, mentality, that can feel connected with the team the city etc....
We had even seen good day having a teacher as a coach, only because he could transmit the "deportivismo" mentality to the players.
The teacher was better than the coach with the football tactics site.
We had a guy called Victor who did a decent job and also represented the "deportivismo" mentality but poor management got in the way of that. But to be honest at this stage the Jovanovic's are all that we can get. Which decent player would want to come to a struggling segunda club.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 14:58   #164
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelvin
Those players that you mentioned were at best average. Not primera level. I dont think any of them are doing any better now. Even if they are, none of us could have predicted that given as they were nothing special when playing with us.

That is exactly my point. We used to have average players, below primera standards (that’s why I mentioned JunaDo and Laure) that could build an average team. With these players we were between primera and segunda. Is Laure getting at Alcorcon a higher salary than what Boveda gets? Why to not keep Laure?
We replaced them with average players with no connection to the club and currently being between segunda and segunda b. What was the point?
Old 11-11-2019, 21:06   #165
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
That is exactly my point. We used to have average players, below primera standards (that’s why I mentioned JunaDo and Laure) that could build an average team. With these players we were between primera and segunda. Is Laure getting at Alcorcon a higher salary than what Boveda gets? Why to not keep Laure?
We replaced them with average players with no connection to the club and currently being between segunda and segunda b. What was the point?

I think with some of the players Deportivo resigned when the team was competing at Primera and they were not matching the expectations. Players like Juan D., Laure and even Alex B. Back then no one from smart management people we have thought that one day we could need people that have identity and connection to the club. But you are right, because the replacements that were brought to Riazor were not any better. Well this is Deportivo what can we say more.