Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 20-10-2007, 20:53   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA: 20.10.07 Deportivo - Valencia (post match comments)

Depor 2
Xisco
Bodipo

Valencia 4
Joaquin
Baraja
Morientes
Morientes

As I said in the minute-by-minute thread, I liked the first half of Depor, but I think we lost some stamina during the second part. Curiously we reacted in the last five minutes

What I didn't like: the four goals arrived in errors of our defenders
Old 20-10-2007, 20:56   #2
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

dejan84 is an unknown quantity at this point

XXXX XXX XXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX XXXX
fill that in in your own language
dejan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 20:57   #3
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

can't stand this...

even if it seems that we had worst performances in the current season, a defeat against "them" is always painful
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 21:00   #4
depor_hk

depor_hk is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to depor_hk

Player with bad performance:
Sergio(again), colo, dudu, M.pablo

Decent performance:
De Guzman, Felipe, JR, Piscu, Verdu, Xisco

Good performance:
Guardado,Riki,Bodipo
Old 20-10-2007, 21:04   #5
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

Hard game for us...

What I liked: I liked Guardado very much, he was our main man on the offence. JR and De Guzman were good in the 1st half, but they were not the same in the 2nd half. Filipe and MP contributed to the offence a lot, especially Filipe. Cristian showed some skill with his dribbling in a very short time.

What I didn't like: I'll say Colo for the first time. He made some critical errors which led directly to goals. Verdu was fairly ineffective, didn't hear his name a lot. Filipe was good at attacking, but gave lots of open areas especially to Joaquin, who took every advantage of it. De Guzman didn't contribute a lot in the 2nd half. Xisco scored a goal, but he was disappointed me a lot tbh.

Valencia: They were missing Villa and Vicente, but they showed they were not necessary here. Helguera was perfect, but shown a red card at the end. Joaquin was man of the match IMO, he was brilliant. Baraja was also good. Silva was good too. They grabbed the win without working hard.
Old 20-10-2007, 21:04   #6
tsapa
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tsapa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to tsapa

I think that Lotina will pay the price of our prformance from the beginning of this season.
Old 20-10-2007, 21:11   #7
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego

As I said in the minute-by-minute thread, I liked the first half of Depor, but I think we lost some stamina during the second part.

Are you serious? We were absolutely awful in the first half, and also in the second half except for the last ten minutes.

Quote:
What I liked: I liked Guardado very much, he was our main man on the offence. JR and De Guzman were good in the 1st half, but they were not the same in the 2nd half. Filipe and MP contributed to the offence a lot, especially Filipe. Cristian showed some skill with his dribbling in a very short time.

Actually I thought that Guardado played his worst match this season, he tried but things just didn't work out for him today. Especially his crosses lacked precision.

Bodipo needs to play, as soon as he was on the pitch we were a lot more dangerous because of his power. Even though Xisco scored, he's had his chances and IMO it's Bodipo's turn. Riki has to play too, although I wouldn't know on which position (right wing?).

IMO the match showed that we fail to create any danger against an opponent that plays defensively. As a reaction, the players all went forward just to leave lots of spaces for Valencia to hit us on counter-attacks.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 21:16   #8
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

DEPORTIVO Shots (on goal): 18(3)
VALENCIA Shots (on goal): 6(6)

DEPORTIVO Corners: 6
VALENCIA Corners: 2

DEPORTIVO Possesion: 48%
VALENCIA Possesion: 52%

Look at the shots. We had 18 shots, only hitting the goal thrice, while Valencia had 6 shots and all of them hit the goal. We hit the goal on 16,66..% of our shots, while Valencia hit the goal on 100% of theirs. In other words, we would need 36 shots to hit the goal just 6 times(the same amount as Valencia) and that's WAAAY too many. Actually, that very well explains the problem we've been facing lately - and actually also last season. We are not good enough in front of goal! We are not effective enough! And we have been looking for an answer on that question for quite a long time now; NONE of our attackers have proven to be the answer yet, and that's quite alot; Arizmendi, Riki, Xisco, Bodipo, Adrian, Taborda etc.

What I think we should do, is to get a better striker in the winter market. I don't care how much we have to spent, because we can't keep on playing like this.

What could the answer of our lack of goalscoring instinct be?

Last edited by Benn : 20-10-2007 at 21:19.
Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 21:49   #9
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

I say it every singel match but No One listens

this coach is not good for us he is a segunda coach

even though the first two goals came from a lazy defender colo

--- for God sake you play in your own place and you play with one striker .....stupid or What !!! and with xisco !!??!
yes he is a good young striker but not as a starter and against whom against the black bats !!

Next time riki - bodipo

just riki bodipo .... they are our main strikers ...they should play

xisco , adrian , just substitues

Dman it am sick of stupid coaches coming to the team and destroying it
Old 20-10-2007, 21:51   #10
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

dejan84 is an unknown quantity at this point

the striker isnt the problem really, its the lack of attacking midfield.
Thats what we have been lacking all this time.
I am sorry but verdu is a joke, you cannot play the first division with a guy that has 1 good game every 3 games. I hope we get some serious central midfield reinforcements sometime soon.
Guardado was average. I think he needs to decide if he is gonna play every friendly with mexico and travel half way around the world. Only to let his club down. I will be very displeased if he does that again, in my book that will only show that he came to us to sell himself on for a lot of cash as soon as possible, by getting international attention.

To bad we didnt get marcelinho at least he would have cut half of the team, and that wouldnt be that stupid
dejan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 22:37   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn
What I think we should do, is to get a better striker in the winter market. I don't care how much we have to spent, because we can't keep on playing like this.

What could the answer of our lack of goalscoring instinct be?
I don't exactly agree with you on this.

We scored two goals, and we scored two disallowed goals. That's four times we actually hit the target tonight, even though those other two were disallowed. However, it seems at least three of the four goals against were caused by major defensive errors. Valencia only had six chances, but four ended up being goals. In other words: every chance Valencia got were huge chances. That leads me to believe that our biggest problem tonight was our defense. Could be wrong of course, didn't see the game, I just base my opinion on these numbers.

Now this is why I wasn't optimistic after our win in Sevilla
Old 20-10-2007, 22:40   #12
superdeportivo

superdeportivo is on a distinguished road

this time it was to much for Piscu, time for a rest for that boy.
superdeportivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 22:56   #13
gabi
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

gabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to gabi

We made a very bad game. The hole team. Duda did act very nervous today. Only M.Pablo gets was good today in the backline. He have midfeld problems. Guardado had a hard game. Sergio and JR was lost. Verdu did he play the match? Xisco was to alone. Lotina reacted to late. It was wrong to start the second half with JR.
Old 20-10-2007, 23:02   #14
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
I don't exactly agree with you on this.

We scored two goals, and we scored two disallowed goals. That's four times we actually hit the target tonight, even though those other two were disallowed. However, it seems at least three of the four goals against were caused by major defensive errors. Valencia only had six chances, but four ended up being goals. In other words: every chance Valencia got were huge chances. That leads me to believe that our biggest problem tonight was our defense. Could be wrong of course, didn't see the game, I just base my opinion on these numbers.

Now this is why I wasn't optimistic after our win in Sevilla

I was more talking generally. Last season we were the team that scored least goal in the entire LaLiga together with Real Sociedad who also scored 32. Even the by far worst team scored more than us - Gimnastic scored more than us even though we were 19 points ahead of them.

This season we have only scored 6 goals in 8 matches. Valladolid has scored 8 goals in 7 matches and Bilbao and Getafe(a team yet to get their first victory) have scored 5 goals in 7 matches. More than use before our game against Valencia.
Old 20-10-2007, 23:03   #15
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeportivo
this time it was to much for Piscu, time for a rest for that boy.

I beg to differ mate.

The boy has had 2 quality performances and we all new that Valencia were going to be tough opponents. Let's see how he reacts against REAL MADRID!

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote