Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23-12-2007, 22:46   #1
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 January 2008: Deportivo - Espanyol (pre-match comments) (Copa)

On the second day of the new year, there's the return match of the Copa del Rey.

Without a doubt it wil become difficult as Espanyol are extremely effective away from home and for sure they'll score a goal in Riazor.
Old 23-12-2007, 23:46   #2
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Seriously I don't care about that match. If we go through - I'll be happy, but if not I won't be sad. We have more important prioritets thus year than Copa. Maybe if it was 1/4 or 1/2 I would care more but in 1/16 - anything can happen. But I predict 'revenge' for 0:0 Copa match in 2005/06 when after 2:1 at Montjuic they played for 0:0 at Riazor. Hopefully this time it gonna be repeated
Old 23-12-2007, 23:53   #3
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that people don't care about the result of the game, saying "Depor has other priorities". As a fan, you should always root for your team. And as a team, you should try to achieve the best results possible, no matter which competition you're playing in.

Besides, in the Copa, most teams play with half their B-squad until the quarter finals. It's not like performing in the Copa ruins the performance of a team in the competition. It's especially stupid "throwing" the copa if you actually have a great "cupteam". Depor is a team that's having problems in the long run, but we've all seen that for one particular game, Depor is able to give it all they've got. That's why we perform well in the Copa, cause you start from zero in every cupround.

If we get eliminated here, I'll be disappointed, especially after such a good result in the first round.
Old 24-12-2007, 09:56   #4
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

I feel confident we will qualify to the next round.
Our 'reserves' are better than theirs

Old 24-12-2007, 10:04   #5
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

it is a matter of confidence IMO.. Lafita played very well against Espanyol and he did nothing much against a bottom team.. i think we are pretty much afraid of winning, especially our young strikers.. we need a little more exp. in the central midfield and in the striking zone and i'm sure that our young team will play true to their potential..
Old 24-12-2007, 11:16   #6
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this is a game that we are capable of winning. A win would bring some confidence to the team, and a home win would put an end (for the time being) to our terrible results at the Riazor this season.

Munua
Barragan
Piscu
Colo
Felipe
Juanro
A.Thomas
P.Alvarez
Guardado
Bodipo
Ruben
Old 24-12-2007, 11:25   #7
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

I hope we can win.
Old 24-12-2007, 12:34   #8
Daniel_Svard

Peña Member

Daniel_Svard is an unknown quantity at this point

since it's the first game after the holidays i think both teams will play their regular line-up, and therefore i don't think Depor will manage to win. But i hope they can surprise me and play as well as they did at Montijuc (spelling)!
Old 24-12-2007, 14:41   #9
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

Hard game, Espanyol are on a great form away and they have quality players who can create threats. If we advance, that will be a great achievement for us.
Old 26-12-2007, 18:04   #10
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Svard
since it's the first game after the holidays i think both teams will play their regular line-up, and therefore i don't think Depor will manage to win. But i hope they can surprise me and play as well as they did at Montijuc (spelling)!
Even with the holiday break, I doubt Espanyol (or depor) will use their regular lineup. League games are only 4 days away from this match. Espanyol's #1 priority right now is Liga. They haven't been playing this well in a long time and I'm sure they'll try to make the best of it by trying to finish top 4 or at least in europe. They won't be worrying too much about copa. This doesn't mean it will be easy for us, we will need to score first and then hope for a second or defend really well.
Old 26-12-2007, 18:34   #11
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carril
Even with the holiday break, I doubt Espanyol (or depor) will use their regular lineup. League games are only 4 days away from this match. Espanyol's #1 priority right now is Liga. They haven't been playing this well in a long time and I'm sure they'll try to make the best of it by trying to finish top 4 or at least in europe. They won't be worrying too much about copa. This doesn't mean it will be easy for us, we will need to score first and then hope for a second or defend really well.
LOL! And I'm sure they think we don't care about Copa because La Liga is our priority and we care more about staying in Primera than playing in Copa. It's really funny how different people look at other teams I remember last year news before match against Racing in CdR and heading 'Racing - throwing Copa?' They were avoiding relegation when we fought for European spot and we thought exactly the same about them what now Espanyol think about us. And they thought about us that what we think now about Espanyol. But all in all true is that everyone want to fight for the Copa and that's the only truely thing

Last edited by Michał : 26-12-2007 at 18:38.
Old 26-12-2007, 18:35   #12
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michał
But all in all true is that everyone want to fight for Copa and that's the only truely thing
Amen
Old 26-12-2007, 20:10   #13
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michał
But all in all true is that everyone want to fight for the Copa and that's the only truely thing
Of course every team would like to win copa, but not everyone of them assumes the risks involved in doing it. Almost no team ever uses their starting lineup in Copa. And the copa del rey isn't taken as seriously as other cup competitions around the world (Especially England). I've seen alot of teams over the years throw away their copa chances due to other priorities.
Old 26-12-2007, 23:54   #14
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carril
Of course every team would like to win copa, but not everyone of them assumes the risks involved in doing it. Almost no team ever uses their starting lineup in Copa. And the copa del rey isn't taken as seriously as other cup competitions around the world (Especially England). I've seen alot of teams over the years throw away their copa chances due to other priorities.
Both Depor and Espanyol will play with teams similar to the ones in the first leg - no doubt about that. Both teams will give it their best, but both teams will not be at full strength. The team qualifying will be the team that had the most luck in these two legs. That's why this first round of the copa is in fact a lottery.
Old 31-12-2007, 11:36   #15
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

we need luck in our side like it did with espanyol last season

i think with many injuried players and some who didn't come .... we will face some troublism