Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 14-09-2008, 18:02   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default La Liga | Villarreal 1v0 Deportivo | 14-09-2008 | Post Match comments

After a fairly even opening half hour, Santi Cazorla scored for them and then they took control. Apart from a little bit of pressure and posession towards the end of the game, we never really looked like getting back into this game and unfortunately, the best team won.

De Guzman was missed by the defence and the midfield, whilst we lacked speed and creativity going forward. It got a bit better when Bravo,Valeron and Lafita were all on but all in all, there's not many positives from this game, other than a very god performance from Aranzubia.
Old 14-09-2008, 18:04   #2
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok sorry, but I blame Lotina for this one. Lafita obviously was able to play at least 45 minutes, so why wait so damn long to put him on the pitch? We only started to look dangerous after he came on. Also, his first sub was completely useless. Why put on Valeron completely alone, when we're suffering anyway? What we were severely lacking was speed. Valeron was supposed to help in that department? And why rest De Guzman, he's suspended for Brann's game anyway. Our defense looked a lot shakier without him. I expected a loss, but I'm sure that with some better tactics, we could've had a point from el Madrigal. Seriously, Tomas and Cristian leading our attack? Please.

Anyway, as long as we beat Brann thursday, all will be forgiven Still a bit pissed though.
Old 14-09-2008, 18:05   #3
Michał
Peņa Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michał in pre-match thread
WTF!? Oh man, we don't play against Milan or Schalke in UEFA Cup to rest all key players...this line-up means 'defend 0:0 at any cost!'...
All about this. We didn't create any chances, Villarreal without problems won. I hope it was worth it and we will WIN (not draw) in Bergen on Thursday...
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 18:06   #4
JerseyDepor
Almost Regular

JerseyDepor is on a distinguished road

agree with deporiginal. we were nothing until our subs came on. they should have played longer
JerseyDepor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 18:08   #5
omario2
Occasional Member

omario2 is on a distinguished road

why not playing with 5-4-1 i think with that tactic if we don't win we are going to draw....and why playing with cristian ?

laure must go to depor B.
Old 14-09-2008, 18:09   #6
The DK Blanquiazul
Peņa Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Not disappointed with the result, but I am very disappointed that missing De Guzman and Lafita/Guardado means so much. Even three defensive midfielders couldn't close the gap between the defense and midfield, while Cristian was horrible, with Alvarez on the other wing accomplishing pretty close to nothing either.

There are positives, though. Apart from the final minutes, our defense looked strong, mainly Lopo and Ze Castro. As written, we had some problems in the last minutes, mainly in the left side where Filipe had problems. Laure made some vital mistakes, but I thought he was okay, and they didn't have too much in the left side.

Also, Bravo did fairly decent, and Lafita and Valeron made a big impact.

Now, let's focus on Brann.

And something wicked is going on in La Liga. Numancia in front 1-0, the two top teams being lost, and 4 goals in the 17-games.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 18:09   #7
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peņa Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

positive : Valeron in, Lafita in - some good chances
negative : no De Guzman - poor centre midfilder line

we have 6 centre defenders, why don't we use 5-2-2-1?
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 18:11   #8
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by omario2
why not playing with 5-4-1 i think with that tactic if we don't win we are going to draw....and why playing with cristian ?

Laure was one of the best men against Madrid, one slightly worse game and he has to go to Depor B? Lopo made the same stupid mistake today, as he did against Madrid (which costed him a yellow against Madrid, this time it almost resulted in a goal). So why not send him to Depor B too then?

5 Defenders would've meant even less chances for Depor. I don't think we can complain about our defenses, seeing how many chances Villarreal had. Only one of them was a goal, so that's not bad at all.
Old 14-09-2008, 18:12   #9
Megalolz

Megalolz is on a distinguished road

Quote:

dont judge a player on 1 bad game he was good against madrid
Old 14-09-2008, 18:14   #10
Diego Tristan
Veteran
Peņa Member

Diego Tristan is an unknown quantity at this point

madrid 0:1 numancia seems like beat madrid is easy today

JOURNEY BERLIN 25.07.2010
Please enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873Y6cuc2FE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juu8L86HuLM

VAMOS DEPOR
Diego Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 18:17   #11
omario2
Occasional Member

omario2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Laure was one of the best men against Madrid.

i don't think so.poor defending and lose some ball in attack.and you saw that in attack we have a few balls.
lopo at less he scores a goal against madrid.
Old 14-09-2008, 18:19   #12
The DK Blanquiazul
Peņa Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i don't think so.poor defending and lose some ball in attack.and you saw that in attack we have a few balls.
lopo at less he scores a goal against madrid.
Leaving Robben out of the entire game is poor defending. Haha.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 18:29   #13
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't say i'm so disappointed. The starting 11 was a risk, that work well for the first 20 min, but then things got worse. But we know, that we don't have 20 players in the same level. Cristian couldn't replace Lafita or Guardado. But when we got a team with more "regulars", in the last 20 min, things were not so bad.
We were playing against one of the best teams in la liga, but we could have equalised in the end (mainly with Bravo's chance).

I wouldn't judge lotina, cause rotations are requiried. I think it's too hard for the team to compete both in la liga and uefa and having good results. So i'm expecting a few bad performances, and if these bad performances are like today's performance, then i'm fine with this.

I was impressed by shark's offensive skills, still he doesn't help much in defence. But he is a reliable winger, outside Lafita and Guardado
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 18:38   #14
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Lopo made the same stupid mistake today, as he did against Madrid (which costed him a yellow against Madrid, this time it almost resulted in a goal). So why not send him to Depor B too then?

*puts hand up

I know, I know!!!

It's because Lopo is older than 23
Old 14-09-2008, 18:39   #15
depooor
Peņa Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ok sorry, but I blame Lotina for this one. Lafita obviously was able to play at least 45 minutes, so why wait so damn long to put him on the pitch? We only started to look dangerous after he came on. Also, his first sub was completely useless. Why put on Valeron completely alone, when we're suffering anyway? What we were severely lacking was speed. Valeron was supposed to help in that department? And why rest De Guzman, he's suspended for Brann's game anyway. Our defense looked a lot shakier without him. I expected a loss, but I'm sure that with some better tactics, we could've had a point from el Madrigal. Seriously, Tomas and Cristian leading our attack? Please.

Anyway, as long as we beat Brann thursday, all will be forgiven Still a bit pissed though.

De guzman !!! even if he plays ... he won't do alot .....count that he played 2 international games + the destination from Canada to Spain = he will play tired from these things

I didn't see the game but am sure that if JR played alongside sergio ...they might do better than Tomas and sergio