Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2008, 10:15   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default La Liga | Valencia v Deportivo | 28-09-2008 | Pre Match Comments

Could be another tough one and I'm hoping Lotina drops the triple pivote for this game because Valencia are alot more creative than Osasuna and I don't think we can afford to sit back and let them dictate.

Villa is the obvious dangerman for them but we need to keep an eye out for Mata too.

It's hard to see us creating too many chances and we're gonna miss De Guzman in the centre for sure but it's possible we can sneak a goal, so if we can do a decent job defensively, we could take something out of this.
Old 25-09-2008, 10:16   #2
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

I can see us losing this one...
Old 25-09-2008, 10:22   #3
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

IMO, this is just a 'warm up' before the game against Brann which must be the most important of the season. Valencia at Mestalla is very very tough, and if we lose as expected, we should just immediately focus on the Brann-game.
I'd even use subs and save some players if we get behind big early.

Oh, and will Riki be ready for this one?

Old 25-09-2008, 11:05   #4
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

we've been saving players for about each game already, for what? To be able to beat the Norwegian nr8? well, it didnt work.
Why can Real play each game with their starters and we cannot?
Old 25-09-2008, 12:39   #5
DKfan
Almost Regular

DKfan is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to DKfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
we've been saving players for about each game already, for what? To be able to beat the Norwegian nr8? well, it didnt work.
Why can Real play each game with their starters and we cannot?

agree....
And i think we have a good chance of getting points if we play with something ala the formation against Real Madrid (ofcourse not with De Guzman)... Please let Bodipo be at home... and Christian and A. Tomás should not play either
Old 25-09-2008, 16:14   #6
Luis Fabiano
Super-Seasoned

Luis Fabiano is off the scale

I predict a lose, let's hope it's not a huge score though.
Old 25-09-2008, 18:11   #7
RamonAllones

RamonAllones is off the scale

Valencia will be without Silva and maybe without Villa (anyone know?) so at least we are meeting them at the right time. But we are missing De Guzman who is arguably our most important player. And other important players like Lafita and Guardado haven't found good form yet. So IMO the best we can expect is a draw. I hope for a win but expect a draw or a loss.
Old 25-09-2008, 18:20   #8
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DK Blanquiazul
IMO, this is just a 'warm up' before the game against Brann which must be the most important of the season.
Could you please tell me why that Brann match is so important? with some limited respect to the UEFA Cup, it does not bring money, just big journeys all across Europe, playing against teams like Brann, Hajduk cannot bring too much pride even with wins, but there is the possibility of a shame in it... for me the Valencia match and the followings in La Liga are much more important.
Old 25-09-2008, 18:26   #9
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Could you please tell me why that Brann match is so important? with some limited respect to the UEFA Cup, it does not bring money, just big journeys all across Europe, playing against teams like Brann, Hajduk cannot bring too much pride even with wins, but there is the possibility of a shame in it... for me the Valencia match and the followings in La Liga are much more important.
I don't agree. If you would give me advance to group stage for losing in Valencia I wouldn't think twice. We fighted for a long time to play in European Cups again and I can't stand throwing it away after just 6 games, without facing any serious rival. La Liga is more important that's true, but European Cups were dream of all of us and I believe we'll advance to play big European games.
Old 25-09-2008, 18:28   #10
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Cause it'll bring us back in Europe, because we're gonna get some great games against other European teams, because we have a decent chance in the group stage, and that everything can happen in these knockout games after that?
Of course playing in the league is a good objective, but the games in Europe are special, and brings just as much enthusiasm and excitement as for instance a game against Barca or Real Madrid IMO.

Old 25-09-2008, 18:30   #11
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Of course you don't have to agree with me, it is just an opinion, actually mine. But as far as I consider it, the UEFA cup starts to be something only after the group stages, in spring with the knock-out stage....
Old 25-09-2008, 19:29   #12
Elgreco

Elgreco is on a distinguished road

mestalla is a stadium in which we have celebrete or be humiliated...Valencia is in a good form,but i believe in a positive result(another draw,maybe?)perhaps our attacking zone isn't strong,but i see that depor is a tough team with a really solid defense.Valencia is a attacking team,and i see us hitting them in counterattack...However,it won't suprise me a 3-0 defeat..
Old 25-09-2008, 20:38   #13
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Valencia is currently leading 1-0 at Malaga. I don't know, I smell another 0-0 for us.
Old 25-09-2008, 20:55   #14
RamonAllones

RamonAllones is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Valencia is currently leading 1-0 at Malaga. I don't know, I smell another 0-0 for us.

The game just went final with Villa scoring 2 goals (he's definetly healthy). Hard to like our chances this weekend.
Old 25-09-2008, 21:00   #15
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonAllones
The game just went final with Villa scoring 2 goals (he's definetly healthy). Hard to like our chances this weekend.
I watched most of the game, and Malaga played like absolute garbage. The first goal was a result of horrible defending (something they won't see from us) and the second goal came at the very end, when malaga pushed everyone up in an effort to tie. I like our chances if we play like we usually do against the big teams.
Closed Thread