Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 28-09-2008, 19:53   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default La Liga | Valencia 4v2 Deportivo | Post Match Comments | 28-09-2008

The first 30 mins was really good imo but as soon as they equalised, we seemed to wobble like a boxer that had just taken a great punch to the head.

Defensively, we were a shambles for big parts of the game and watching Lopo's "efforts" in particular was nothing short of excrutiating.

Lafita got a consolation but it wasn't good enough to get anything from the game.
Old 28-09-2008, 19:54   #2
Philip
Veteran
Peņa Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

No comments... (idiots!!!)

This thread should be closed immediately.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 19:54   #3
Barkoty
Legend
Peņa Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

Old 28-09-2008, 20:01   #4
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Before the game it was known that in this Valencia, Mata assists and Villa scores. Couldn't we find any way to stop this??
The defensive game and the attitude was awful. Without De Guzman the midfield is kindergarden, but this time Laure, Filipe, Lopo were awful as well...
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 20:01   #5
Michał
Peņa Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Maybe it sounds funny but I'm optimistic before Brann after this game, because I believe we can play whole game against Norwegians as good as we played 30 minutes against VCF.

Comments? Idiots, as mentioned by Philip. We could have got a draw there, but we allowed 4 goals. Our defense was non-existant. On the bright side we finally scored goals (lucky ones but still), our next rival is Numancia at home and we're still 3 points above relegation zone ()
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 20:02   #6
The DK Blanquiazul
Peņa Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Oh, this was embarrassing. After 3-1 I began eating, and I seriously laughed when the annoying Gol TV co-commentator said:
"They can't defend, they can't counterattack - what are you doing, Lotina?"

Whole team was really bad, I think it's mentally there's something wrong with the team, when we concede a goal.

Starting in the defense, Filipe had a bad 1st half, but wasn't the worst in second. Cause that prize has to go to Lopo, our 'experienced defender', who really was horrible. Our marking was especially non-existing. Laure bad too, while Ze Castro at least did better than Lopo.
Aranzubia had his bad moments, but he also had his good. A little under acceptable, but definitely not our worst on the pitch today, and should under no circumstances be blamed for the 3rd and 4th goal.

JR, Verdú and Tomas all really seemed like they couldn't pass at times, but some of the subs were also weird and did not help them much.

Bravo for Mista didn't make sense when we had to push, as we missed a target man, while I still don't see the point in Alvarez and Guardado switching sides. Lafita brought some fresh air to us, and seemed like one who really gave an effort. Weird goal, like the first one.

Anyway, if Lotina manages to get us to the group stages of the UEFA Cup, I won't really give a damn about today, although our defense was not at all acceptable. If he doesn't, we really seem like a team in trouble - or at least underachievers.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 20:06   #7
Robinho
Occasional Member

Robinho is on a distinguished road

OOrh i want to kill lotina maaaain!

Why the hell does he think that uefa is more important than la liga? JR and tomas are shit and verdu is like my mom!
Robinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 20:07   #8
Lulu
Peņa Member

Lulu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lulu

No comment

But if Lafita played from the beggining I think that better

He made a deference at some minute he played
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 20:07   #9
peterke2000
Peņa Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

i think this was an expected defeat altrough i didn't think whit this big numbers.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 20:15   #10
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Please focus on the Valencia match here and about Deportivo in general in other threads.

Over 90 mins, Aranzubia, Guardado and Pablo Alvarez did what they could and the rest were horrible. Our first 30 mins seemed reasonable, but only because Valencia hadn't started yet and the own goal they scored shocked everyone.

How many decent attacks did we make? Let's don't get overexcited with the first 30 mins. A match lasts 60 mins more. Our defence was just horrible, a Segunda B defence. We can't blame our midfield because with JR and Tomás we won't beat Valencia. The wingers tried but were isolated. Verdu and Mista? No comments.

Valencia were too easy. If not, they could havescored 6, 7 or 8 goals. A 4-2 score might seem reasonable, but our goals are scored once in a lifetime. Pablo's cross was reaching noone and Alexis would have prevented Lafita's run towards the goal, hadn't he completely stopped playing.

Enough said, we never were going to win this anyway with our current form and suspended/injured players.

Last edited by Leon : 28-09-2008 at 20:20.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 20:24   #11
rajacasa
Veteran
Peņa Member

rajacasa is off the scale

Our defense is good the problem is in the midfield! When De Guzman isn't playing I feel our midfield inexistant! Antonio Tomas and Juan Rodriguez are the players to blame IMO Lopo and Ze Castro have to do double work with these inexistant midfieldersit's like we're playing with 9 players from the start could be 8 if I include Verdu...
rajacasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 20:28   #12
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajacasa
Our defense is good the problem is in the midfield! When De Guzman isn't playing I feel our midfield inexistant! Antonio Tomas and Juan Rodriguez are the players to blame IMO Lopo and Ze Castro have to do double work with these inexistant midfieldersit's like we're playing with 9 players from the start could be 8 if I include Verdu...
Yeah there was a problem in midfield, but believe me, the defense is the one to blame today. Lopo was supposed to do double work, but he hardly did half work.
Old 28-09-2008, 20:40   #13
Fabian
Peņa Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Bleak, bleak, bleak. It's not acceptable to be humiliated at Mestalla. Ever.
Old 28-09-2008, 21:39   #14
cruzXazul

cruzXazul is on a distinguished road

What the hell is going on with lotina? the subs..the tactics? i think it's time for him to go..the midfield was horrible not able to get the ball to the front..strikers no comment..IMO it wasn't defence fault...if valencia kept going through midfield with ease it's just a matter of time before defence makes a mistake..
cruzXazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 22:13   #15
Adi
Peņa Member

Adi is off the scale

Another bad performance Valencia 4, we 2... Hmm, really? 1st goal - autogol by co-operation by Moretti and Renan. 2nd - very happy - Valencia's players stopped ( by waving the flag by refree) and Lafita had to score. But we still have the problems with scoring.