Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 20:49   #1
Michał
Peņa Member

Michał is on a distinguished road
Default UEFA Cup | CSKA Moscow vs. Deportivo | 23.10.08 | 18:00 | pre-match comments

The first match of group stage is in only two weeks. I believe away game in Moscow will be the key one. If we manage not to lose there what is definitely doable, we'll be in a very good situation. Winning there would be like going through, at least for me, as getting 3 points in 3 remaining games is our duty.

Finally a big game in European Cups!

Forza Depor!
Old 08-10-2008, 20:52   #2
Barkoty
Legend
Peņa Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

It will be very hard.

CSKA is a good side and we'll have to cope with many hardships (weather, pitch conditions, hostile environment etc.)

I'll be happy with a draw.
Old 08-10-2008, 21:00   #3
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, if there's one game in which a defeat is acceptable, it's this one. If we lose this one, it's not a drama. But of course, if we win this one, our qualification will be almost in the bag.

Six points should equal qualification. Since the Uefa Cup has had the group phase, it only happened once that a team with 6 points has been eliminated. It happened to Glasgow Rangers, in the first season the Uefa Cup has had groups. In that group, there were 3 teams that finished with 7 points. Odds of that happening in this group is almost impossible.

Besides, usually it's not even necessary to get 6 points to qualify. Most of the times, 5 points is already enough. And every year, there have been teams that qualified after getting only 4 points.

Like I said, to me this is a "bonus" game. It's a tough one and it's very likely we'll lose. But if Depor manages to get a surprising win in Moscow, we'd already be incredibly close to qualify. Can't wait for this game Europe kicks ass

Also, CSKA is a tough club, but as the past has shown, it's not like their stadium is a fortress. Getting something is certainly possible, if we're a bit lucky.

Last edited by deporiginal : 08-10-2008 at 21:05.
Old 08-10-2008, 21:04   #4
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkoty
It will be very hard.

CSKA is a good side and we'll have to cope with many hardships (weather, pitch conditions, hostile environment etc.)

I'll be happy with a draw.

I don't think any of this hardships is above average. About the weather, it's still October, even in Moscow , i doubt there will be a hostile environment (besides we won at hajduk) and i don't know about the pitch.

Point is that we play against a good and more experienced in European competitions team, so this will be difficult
Old 08-10-2008, 21:05   #5
Barkoty
Legend
Peņa Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

October in Moscow ?

Well I remember a CSKA-Fener match (in October I think), horrible...
Old 08-10-2008, 21:17   #6
depooor
Peņa Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

In this game will need our tuff players Ready

we need the good stamina players " riki , sergio , deguzman , lopo and colotto "

I know alot of you will say " what is he saying

but eventually it will work
Old 08-10-2008, 23:54   #7
scoop
Site Team

Peņa Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

it will be tough but if we get
a point its cool but a win would give some pressire off
Old 09-10-2008, 06:10   #8
Shelvin
Peņa Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
it will be tough but if we get
a point its cool but a win would give some pressire off
Yup
Go DEPOR Go!!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:47   #9
DKfan
Almost Regular

DKfan is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to DKfan

I have a feeling the squad sees this as a very tough match and they will arrive in Moscow motivated (not like against Brann)... therefor they will play over their Standard... i sense good chances of getting something with us home
Old 09-10-2008, 16:03   #10
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Difficult game for sure, but we all now, that this Deportivo has the potential to beat even bigger teams, so I am faithful towards the team. As some of you already mentioned before, the weather could be a decisive factor and our main enemy. Even if it is October, in Moscow it could be really cold even some snow, etc. My mom spent there a few years, she told me that. The end of October in Moscow is like beginning of December in Central Europe. Sometimes even tougher

Last edited by istike : 10-10-2008 at 08:51.
Old 09-10-2008, 16:12   #11
scoop
Site Team

Peņa Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKfan
I have a feeling the squad sees this as a very tough match and they will arrive in Moscow motivated (not like against Brann)... therefor they will play over their Standard... i sense good chances of getting something with us home
i agree but at the same time you never know which depor will turn since we r so inconsistent.plus with all the rotations...
Old 09-10-2008, 21:44   #12
Bebeto 27
Peņa Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Hope we don't loose, from what I saw last champions, CSKA seems to be a very strong team. I fear them (just as I fear Feyenord), but I have faith in Depor
Old 10-10-2008, 11:56   #13
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Canaldeportivo have announced an organized travel for supporters to this game, but we might very well assume that their limited perspective is only aimed at supporters from Galicia. They talk about limited availability, but another assumption of mine is that this related to flights etc.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:49   #14
benea

benea is on a distinguished road

Very hard game... CSKA is second place in Russian Premier League, 7 points away the surprising Rubin team. They have some great players with international experience: Akinfeev is only 22, but he is already 4 years first choice gk for Russia national team; Ignashevich and the Berezutzki brothers are national team regulars too (the brothers are ironicaly compared to birch, because of their stupid interventions and slow reactions); Zhirkov was one of the best players at the last EURO; Aldonin is one of the rare technical players that can play DM; plus Krasic and Vagner Love are very good at scoring, the brazilian even played a few matches for Dunga's team... Against Depor can be fielded a future russian star - Alan Dzagoev - a midfielder, that already scored 7 times in 14 matches. Another possible first 11 player is Shemberas - the 30 years old Latvia veteran, he can play DM, LB or LWB as well;

All the russian team is quite strong and tall, ready for phisical challenges. If you add a tough field + nasty weather (last time I was in Moskow - september08 - it was 7 degrees and heavy raining, so in octomber it's frozing hell) than it is a hard game for Depor. I will be happy if we don't lose and stay away from injuries...
Old 11-10-2008, 09:50   #15
DKfan
Almost Regular

DKfan is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to DKfan

Bookmakers (only checked sportingbet) have us finishing second in group stages... winning gives odds 3,2 while CSKA gives odds 2,9 not so big difference actually
Nancy 5,2
Feyenoord 5,5
Lech Poznan 11

Normally they tend to overrate us but not this time... but i think they have underrated Feyenoord
Closed Thread