Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 10-01-2009, 22:00   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Deportivo 1 - Sevilla 3 | 10.01.2009 | 20:00 | post match

We were so close

I thik we were a little unfortunate this night
Old 10-01-2009, 22:01   #2
rajacasa
Veteran
Peña Member

rajacasa is off the scale

One thing is sure for me tonight:We may play for a Uefa spot but CL...impossible
rajacasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 22:01   #3
Captain Charisma
Super-Seasoned

Captain Charisma is off the scale

a little bit... but also extremely poor in the second half

Beaten on our own medicine...
Captain Charisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 22:02   #4
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn cocky players!!! Our defense screwed us, then Sevilla defended with all their power and frustrated our attackers.

I'm pessimistic but I think this game is the game that'll turn around the season for us. We probably will get no points in the next two games, and we likely will lose against Villarreal too. So well, I think we screwed ourselves big time here. That goddamn mentality just pisses me off.

If we can't beat Sevilla in the Copa, we could get severely screwed in 2009.
Old 10-01-2009, 22:03   #5
Diego Tristan
Veteran
Peña Member

Diego Tristan is an unknown quantity at this point

that number 3 was lots hurt my heart
so undeserved if they would not have palop
oh man so sad i would cry but i m to shocked
and thanks to baraja 1 minute 1:0 for valencia haha man man with this victory we would have so much goodchances of european football

JOURNEY BERLIN 25.07.2010
Please enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873Y6cuc2FE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juu8L86HuLM

VAMOS DEPOR
Diego Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 22:05   #6
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

I have a hard time pointing out an exact reason for the loss today, and I don't think there is.

First of all, Kanoute and Capel is quality we don't got, especially not on the bench.. that Sevilla does. Especially the first was simply magnificent. Strength and balance world class.

Second, and probably the biggest reason, was our defending on counters. And well, we really haven't been in this situation before this season. The first goal was just pure brilliance, but the 2nd was a hard stab in the heart for us, and it was very poor none had Renato.

Third, Palop was amazing. Shaky in the 1st half, especially at Bodipo's goal, but he had some incredible reflex saves in the 2nd, while it was 1-1 and 1-2.
Also, credit to their defense, who managed to keep the really big chances in open play out.

Last, we were simply unlucky at some small things as well. Navarro should've been sent off, while he committed the penalty in the 1st against Lafita, while I thought many times we just didn't make the right pass, or generally very close to the final pass.

Anyway, frustration and disappointment here. But well, I did expect them to win, just so sad after a strong 1st half.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 22:05   #7
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinho
just ****ing tell me what verdu and rodriguez are doing in the pitch??
Juan Rodriguez was actually one of our best men tonight. Don't always use him as a scapegoat. And Verdu NOR Valeron came close to "good" this night.
Old 10-01-2009, 22:06   #8
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

Adi, I didn't get to respond to you before the thread got closed. Lotina is getting Depor to overachieve in my opinion. Jimenez is the one whose job is in trouble. Look at the squad he has.
The poor play of the back line killed us there, especially Lopo. Also, Palop was out of his mind today, the one goal excepted.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 22:06   #9
MolinaFan
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

MolinaFan is an unknown quantity at this point

We should try to eliminate them in copa. It would be ridicilous to lose against the same opponent 3 times in a row in a week
Old 10-01-2009, 22:07   #10
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

Terrible...
Old 10-01-2009, 22:08   #11
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
I'm pessimistic but I think this game is the game that'll turn around the season for us. We probably will get no points in the next two games, and we likely will lose against Villarreal too. So well, I think we screwed ourselves big time here. That goddamn mentality just pisses me off.

If we can't beat Sevilla in the Copa, we could get severely screwed in 2009.
I'm sorry to say that I feel a similar way. Sevilla with their 11 best we saw today, and I don't think we can beat them on Wednesday. We'll always be underdogs against the likes of Villarreal, Barca and Real, but I already said before that I didn't expect us to take any points, but that the confidence is the main worry.

However, the season isn't lost in any way if we manage a top 8 position, and we got the UEFA.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 22:11   #12
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Sevilla's 1st goal was good, it gave them hope and it seemed to deflate us,we then decided to chase the game and we aren't suited for that plus the fact that we were crap defending tonight didn't help.
A great opportunity lost, and it shows us that we are still a way short of reaching CL places.Still I'd rather be up there than down at the relegation places.

FORZA DEPOR!!!!

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 22:11   #13
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DK Blanquiazul
I have a hard time pointing out an exact reason for the loss today, and I don't think there is.

First of all, Kanoute and Capel is quality we don't got, especially not on the bench.. that Sevilla does. Especially the first was simply magnificent. Strength and balance world class.

Second, and probably the biggest reason, was our defending on counters. And well, we really haven't been in this situation before this season. The first goal was just pure brilliance, but the 2nd was a hard stab in the heart for us, and it was very poor none had Renato.

Third, Palop was amazing. Shaky in the 1st half, especially at Bodipo's goal, but he had some incredible reflex saves in the 2nd, while it was 1-1 and 1-2.
Also, credit to their defense, who managed to keep the really big chances in open play out.

Last, we were simply unlucky at some small things as well. Navarro should've been sent off, while he committed the penalty in the 1st against Lafita, while I thought many times we just didn't make the right pass, or generally very close to the final pass.

Anyway, frustration and disappointment here. But well, I did expect them to win, just so sad after a strong 1st half.

Totally agree with you, and throw Navas in there as well. Kanoute is too strong for our CBs.
The back line was overcommitted in the second half, and it really showed on those counters. I think Lotina made a mistake on pushing them too far forward. I'm not sure if Felipe was pushing up on his own volition or if he was told to do that, but he got caught out a couple times.
That was the first bad defensive game we've had in a while, but Sevilla showed their class.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 22:18   #14
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Two things I got from this game:

- We clearely don't deserve to be in the first 4 yet. The team looked pretty pathetic in the second half. Like Depororignal say, they were too cocky

- The factor wasn't luck, the factors were kanute, palop and depor's second half attitude.

- Omar is clearly not the answere to our problems (whatever they are).

- What the hell was the point on taking phillipe and Guardado out? He might as well would have sended Aranzubia and Lafita off, damn!
Old 10-01-2009, 22:18   #15
Baudolino

Baudolino is off the scale

This should have been a win, and I agree it could turn our season around..

I see a reason in all this.. One possible tactical reason is that Lotina changed the width of the team after half-time, from narrow to wide. I think that's the decision that ruined the match 4 us. Lotina wanted to wear the Sevilla players out by forcing them to run more after the ball. What happened was that our otherwise tight defence became very loose and allowed Sevilla to exploit the huge spaces left between the lines.. I saw Jimenez constantly telling his players to play narrow, while our half of the pitch looked almost empty, with Lopo and Ze lost in space and disoriented. I hope Lotina doesn't do that again. We should have kept our narrow formation, with short fast passing, like we did in the first half.
Baudolino is offline   Reply With Quote