Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 26-02-2009, 22:53   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default UEFA | Deportivo 1 - Aalborg 3 | 26.02.2009 | 21:00 | post-match thread

Goals:
1-0 (38’) Sergio,
1-1: (41’) Shelton,
1-2: (45’) Johansson,
1-3: (45+1’) Enevoldsen.

Good-bye UEFA
A bizarre game since we deserved more, but I think the game is an interesting picture of all we have suffered during the season: stupid errors, the refeeres and now the injuries. I can't believe how we leaked 3 goals in five minutes playing with 3 central defenders. I just hope Bodipo won't be out for so long.
Old 26-02-2009, 22:54   #2
Norde

Norde is on a distinguished road

Just
Old 26-02-2009, 22:55   #3
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

Old 26-02-2009, 22:59   #4
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

So Sad... Bad morning for me
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 23:00   #5
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't make any sense out of this.
We risked and we paid the price
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 23:00   #6
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

I wanna forget this one so bad. So glad that I'm not going to school before Monday, this was simply pathetic and deeply depressing. Already made my comments about what I thought of the 1st half, the 2nd didn't matter anyway.

Bye Europe. If we can't beat poor AaB over two matches, regardless of anything else affecting, then we don't deserve to be here anyway. Next season then, and all focus on Numancia on Sunday.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 23:01   #7
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

Carlos used to right word...

AaB are the luckiest team in the world:

The qaulified for the champoinsleague winning over a team from Lituania...
The were humiliated against Celtic but they won without having a shoot at goal therebye giving them the third place...
The got the best referees against depor ever! and won the most bizarre games ever.

I feel ashamed about being from this crappy country Denmark and we have so many bad players and no future in the world of football withinn the next many years because we only rely on luck.
Old 26-02-2009, 23:03   #8
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

I truly and honestly hope that Depor have learned a BIG lesson today. They were outplayed by a fantastic Danish team. Maybe not possesion-wise, but organisation-wise. Aalborg were so well prepared for this match and played tactically perfect tonight and that is what made them pull out such a fantastic result. They knew their chances would be dead balls, so that is what they practised, and that is how they won. I hope Depor will realize this, and don't find stupid excuses, cause there are none.

Last edited by Benn : 26-02-2009 at 23:05.
Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 23:04   #9
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

The game was disappointing. Well, tbh I really believed we could made it. I know it might be childish, but I did. That's why I'm so embarrassed. I'm even more embarrassed because they didn't even achieve a draw in front of such a publicity. I really hope they feel like idiots now. I know they tried, I saw it, but it wasn't enough.

On the other note:
Thank you Depor for that campaign, it brought us much joy and happiness although it should have ended better. Anyway, don't regret anything, UEFA Cup was something that we needed, so let's see some bright sides. We collected some points to our ranking which won't include miraculous 2003/04 season next year. We played some beautiful games like the ones against Brann and Feyenoord. And above all some of us, including me, managed to see Depor live for the first time. Yes, European cups are something worth fighting for, let's do this again really really soon! Vamos!
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 23:09   #10
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Two posts in a row, by two fellow Danish members draw quite well the picture of those bizzare games...
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 23:09   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djalminha
Carlos used to right word...

AaB are the luckiest team in the world:

The qaulified for the champoinsleague winning over a team from Lituania...
The were humiliated against Celtic but they won without having a shoot at goal therebye giving them the third place...
The got the best referees against depor ever! and won the most bizarre games ever.

I feel ashamed about being from this crappy country Denmark and we have so many bad players and no future in the world of football withinn the next many years because we only rely on luck.
Aalborg had luck on their side, but in the end Depor never looked capable of doing anything against this little Danish team over both legs. Deserved and embarrassing elimination.

I'm not gonna say anything about Lotina this time, as everything will just get denied by others yet again. But in the end, we were nothing in the Copa, our Uefa Cup campaign was disappointing, and in La Liga the results are great but the football is poor and boring.

Here's hoping we'll see a reaction in Numancia. The fans showed the players a lot of respect today, even though they didn't deserve it. The least they can do now is show they deserved that respect with a good game on Numancia. To be honest, I don't care about the result of that game. I just want to see a squad willing to play with a little bit of heart. Just for one time. After years of boring, passionless football, at least they can give us this.

And I can't help but notice that our three best players to me today, were all players who don't start regularly in the competition.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 23:29   #12
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

La Liga is very poor this year ( and Deportivo is in the middle of the table) - Its my opinion. In Champions 3 points in 4 games ( 3 in home!), in UEFA Depor and Valencia are out. I dont know why? A few years ago spanish teams reached to finals, now its over. It isnt accidental... Look at the spanish stadiums - still less and less people watching La Liga games live

Last edited by Adi : 26-02-2009 at 23:32.
Adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 23:43   #13
Feitosa
Beginner

Feitosa is on a distinguished road

This was so depressing. Almost 2-0 and then AAB are effective and twamp us 3-1 on 3 chances.

Its a long time since i've felt this bad about a match, but this is definately one of the worst (im from Denmark too). Goodbye Europe.

Lassad i hope you will solve the problems up front. This was one big dissapointment, i just hope the players will keep focusing on playing good for Deportivo and not think of what is happening next year. They owe that for the dignity of themselves and for the club. What a letdown.
Feitosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 23:50   #14
deportivofan

deportivofan is on a distinguished road

All I can say is that we need to forget this match and think about sunday's game. What makes me angry is Lotina with his dumb lineups and rotations. Ok before the game we needed 3 goals so we have to play offensively, but guess what lotina did, he put 5 defenders when he usually puts 4. I never liked lotina's plans since the beginning of 2009. I think it's time to say good-bye to lotina, not only UEFA.
Old 26-02-2009, 23:54   #15
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn
I truly and honestly hope that Depor have learned a BIG lesson today. They were outplayed by a fantastic Danish team. Maybe not possesion-wise, but organisation-wise. Aalborg were so well prepared for this match and played tactically perfect tonight and that is what made them pull out such a fantastic result. They knew their chances would be dead balls, so that is what they practised, and that is how they won. I hope Depor will realize this, and don't find stupid excuses, cause there are none.
Were they well organised? I don't think so... They were simply lucky.

The ref disallowed a goal at around the 20th min. (which was a wrong decision!) and I think it would have gave a different taste to the whole game, if that goal would have been allowed.

But it wasn't, so there is no point to continue the story...
I am sad, we didn;t deserve this...