Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 17-10-2009, 18:58   #1
vink
Peņa Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA | Deportivo v Sevilla 1-0 | Post-Match Comments | 17-10-2009

Ole!

Last edited by ggeorg : 17-10-2009 at 19:00.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 18:58   #2
hari

Peņa Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

like i said earlier, we played to our strengths and got the result.. congrats the team and Lotina.. we are demonstrating that the earlier results were no accident..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 19:03   #3
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Impressive 2nd half!!

The team showed great spirit, maybe the best since the start of la liga. The way that the "tired" Guardado was running in the injury time, was the best proof for this!!

Vamos Depor!!!!
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 19:04   #4
vink
Peņa Member

I think we deserved that. Depor didn't look good until the goal, but the second half was a good performance. I think Guardado was MOM for me, to run his ass off like that after international games and a long flight was just incredible. Sevilla had a couple chances, but they didn't have an answer for us today.

We have a tidy little team right now, and you really have to give Lotina some props. Everyone knows their roles and is busting their ass out there. He came out with the right gameplan, and made the right adjustments and substitutions. I like the way the 4-3-3 worked.
Nice to be in a Champions League spot for another week!
Old 17-10-2009, 19:04   #5
hari

Peņa Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

the more I see Guardado the more I like him.. and the same goes for Colotto.. how solid was he.. and congrats to Riki for not diving and showing us the bag of tricks he possesses..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 19:23   #6
Shelvin
Peņa Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

wow i cant believe this....Depor all the way...sevilla's overconfidence cost them. Congrats to everyone!!
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 19:40   #7
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Manuel Pablo impressed me. I thought he might struggle against the nimble feet and the pace of Perotti and Capel but he proved to be a rock and didn't really give them much of a sniff.
Guardado was immense throughout and really worked his ass off and as always, linked up very well with Filipe. J.R also looked very solid and Sergio got his foot in when he needed to as well, plus did alot of defensive work off the ball. Riki played his role well too, in what must be a frustrating role but he held the ball up well and won more than his fair share of headers.
I don't think we played amazingly but we made a very good Sevilla side look extremely average and the attitude and determination was what impressed me most.
If we can keep that up consistantly, the future looks fine.
Old 17-10-2009, 19:41   #8
The DK Blanquiazul
Peņa Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Absolutely brilliant stuff. All the way around, starting from the 4-3-3-formation till the final run from Guardado with sliding tackles and everything.

The game was locked in the first 36 minutes, as a result of our formation and cautiousness from Sevilla, but after yet another beautiful goal (the 4th as far as I can remember), Sevilla got really nervous in the rest of the 1st half, and apart from two Negredo-opportunities, they didn't create anything thanks to a marvelous backline and a constantly supporting midfield, despite having most of the possession. But we played intelligently and solid, with a little more sharpness and luck, we would've closed the game earlier and would've had no reason to be nervous.

So all in all, big thanks to MP for stopping Perotti and Capel - aka; doing what Sergio Ramos couldn't - thanks to Lopo and Colotto for being such rocks in the air and by that neutralizing Kanoute and Negredo, who are class strikers, to Filipe, to JR, to Guardado, and to everyone else, too.

What a result.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 19:48   #9
Philip
Veteran
Peņa Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Sure we didn't play pretty football, but it looked to me like we knew exactly what we are doing from the very first second of the match and that's what impressed me me. We could have maybe tried to play pretty and more offensive but we knew how dangerous Sevilla is from the counterattacks, but no we played disciplined and smart football. This was like a chess game. All praise to the whole team, everyone fought very hard throughout the whole match, and of course congratulations to Lotina for excellent preparation of the game.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 20:07   #10
Deporholic

Deporholic is on a distinguished road

A great team effort everyone did their part splendidly.
Ivan Perez was ok today. I hope that lotina will give him more chances, he has alot of qualities but needs more experience. He showed that he has a good vision eventhough alot of his passes didn't go through.
Deporholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 20:11   #11
baKe
Almost Regular

baKe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to baKe

Great win. I am delighted with the result. Don't forget, Sevilla beaten Real Madrid last week.
baKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 20:36   #12
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

We played the perfect type of game to handle their superiority in the terms of quality. Congrats to our boys and especially to Lotina who learned the lesson of last season's game at the Riazor !!
It was a joy to see the faces of their arrogant players and president at the end of the match !

dj-origenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 20:45   #13
Bebeto 27
Peņa Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

wow! Depor made my week

What a nice game Depor played after that wonderful goal of JR (whom I have always liked BTW). Im not as fan of Guardado as most of you are, but he was the man of the match today, he was everywere, and played every ball with deep motivation. And I loved how the team changed after Valeron got in, IMO that was when Sevilla really loosed the game, because Depor got more offensive and gained more possesion of the ball.
Old 17-10-2009, 21:00   #14
Feliuk
Administrator

Peņa Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

What a good result.Sevilla have been playing really well and scoring goals for fun, so to beat them and keep a clean sheet was tremendous.

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 22:29   #15
vink
Peņa Member

A couple other things:

I agree that MP was huge today, as he was in the Villarreal game. I think he was even better today, where he neutralized both Perrotti and, to a lesser degree, Capel. I don't think he's done yet. Kudos to Felipe for neutralizing Navas as well.

For someone who's only 5'7" or so, Guardado wins a hell of a lot of headers.

It seems pretty apparent that teams playing us are not going to score on headers from open play. I haven't seen a ball that wasn't easily taken care of by the defense in a couple games.

Our free kicks are abysmal without Juca.

Depor is solidly in a Champions League spot, playing another team that is as well, and the Riazor is still half full? What is up with that?

Last edited by vink : 18-10-2009 at 01:52.