Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 01-11-2009, 23:00   #1
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk
Default Liga | Deportivo Vs Sporting 1-1 | 01.11.2009 - 21h00 | post-match comments

To be honest it is a game we could have scored 3 or 4.
Aranzubia made a big mistake for their goal, although the defensive play before that was awful.
Also Lassad's one on one in the 1st half when he shot very high and wide was laughable, but at least he made some decent runs and I liked Riki today and he was unlucky not to have scored.

Last edited by Feliuk : 01-11-2009 at 23:05.
Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 23:01   #2
Lassad

Lassad is on a distinguished road

What did you guys think of Lassad in this game?
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD

Last edited by Lassad : 11-02-2011 at 02:06.
Lassad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 23:03   #3
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

How the fudge did we not win this? They scored from their only chance, while Depor had plenty of opportunities to finish them off. Can't believe how unlucky we were. We hit the woodwork three goddamn times. Horrible refereeing as well today. And why the hell doesn't Valeron get more minutes?? Sheesh.

Riki was fine today, but Lassad... Christ. We really, really need a striker with half a decent finish.

A frustrated Depor-fan.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 23:05   #4
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

More upset than I usually am, for some reason, we weren't bad, even a bit unlucky, but when playing with three central midfielders t's absolutely unacceptable to allow these wallows of space open. The goal was one of many instances where this happened, and Lotina needs to address this promptly.

Some positives though, Lassad was good and inventive, Riki even more so and our back line (with the possible exception of MP's first half) looked as solid as ever.

Still stings though
Old 01-11-2009, 23:09   #5
Lassad

Lassad is on a distinguished road

Yea besides the wasted chance i thought it seemed like Lassad is progressing and had a pretty decent match, i hope Lotina chooses to play with the same line up against Getafe.
________
Mercedes-Benz Viano Specifications

Last edited by Lassad : 11-02-2011 at 02:06.
Lassad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 23:10   #6
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Do I blame the referee ... the finishing of our strikers or luck

I think Lassad and Riki did what they can

am really frustrated with this draw ... we play and do good job then come Mallorca from the back and take the fifth place .... and now we are just 1-2 points closer from the 2-3 teams down from us
Old 01-11-2009, 23:25   #7
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Lassad seems to have problem communicate his mind with the feet. So gifted technically, but he has many ridiculous touches on the ball.

Riki is having his best season with Depor.

In overall, i'm ok with today's game, we played fine, it was a derby and a draw is acceptable.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 23:41   #8
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

my internet failed me so since i didnt see the game its good to see we got the draw

the bit i did watch didnt too much like riki's usual diving plays, lassad was a bit blunt too
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 00:07   #9
Reuben

Reuben is on a distinguished road

Didn't watch the game but I guess one good thing to take is that we atleast generated more chances from open play than we have been doing.

Last edited by Reuben : 02-11-2009 at 01:07.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 00:08   #10
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sporting didn't deserve a point
Old 02-11-2009, 07:17   #11
deportivofan

deportivofan is on a distinguished road

this depor team is confusing me. they are so inconsistent. we had 4 consecutive wins including 2 good teams, and after that we are wasting points against easy rivals. what the heck happened after those wins?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:00   #12
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody would have raised eyebrows if we had won this one 3-0 or 4-1. We didn't gave away much and had numerous opportunities to score. As simple as that.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:50   #13
benea

benea is on a distinguished road

Well, although the team played ok, the result is a disaster!

Did I miss smth - Guardado on the right side? He lost a lot of balls and played way under his possibilities...

About Lassad: he was good and useful... but he is limited in skills. I liked him + Riki and JR

MP once again was terrible and Aranzubia chose the wrong time to make mistakes...
Old 02-11-2009, 10:11   #14
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Lassad is still getting back to his full match fitness.. he is gonna be an important player IMO.. hope to see more of Adrian as a forward with liberty rather than on the wings..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:46   #15
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Well, the first thing I'll say is that I really enjoyed watching this game on tv courtesy of Sky Sports. Makes a difference watching it that way for a change. As kick off approached, I cracked open my first Estrella Galicia and scratched my head wondering why they invited Fran Merida onto the show to give one line answers.

Anyway, the crowd in the Riazor was amazing and the travelling supporters certainly added to the occasion. And what a first half! We pummelled Sporting and should have been 3-0 or 4-0 at half time. When the rain came at the start of the second half, I knew things would get trickier. Overall, Sporting's second half display merited a point for them - even though it was their only real goal threat of the entire game.

I agree with Fabian. The wide open spaces in midfield were alarming and this happened on several occasions. With 3 pivotes, why is this so? I did notice that JR was a little more detached on the right than Tomas was on the left. But this is a necessary evil if he is to get forward more. Sergio showed some glimpses of class, but he can no longer dominate a game for 90 minutes. And Antonio Tomas is a trier.

MP had an ok game apart from being caught out for the goal. His pass to Lassad for his goal chance was superb. Filipe did ok, but I'd like to see him given the licence to turn infield more often and attack the opposition defence. Lopo and Colotto looked unsure at times and I think they are unsettled due to the lack of a figure of authority in front of them.

Guardado tried hard but offered nothing in an attacking sense. Lassad was ok, but agree with the poster who said he is ponderous over the ball. He needs to get it out from under his feet quicker and he should have struck his chance with power instead of trying to sidefoot it home. Lack of confidence in front of goal showed. Riki was buzzing all night long and was my Man of the Match. He was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet.

Finally, Lotina. Just before the goal went in, I knew Sporting were going to equalise - it was coming. Why the 3 midfielders all got caught out of position, only they can answer. But it was obvious that legs were tired at that stage and a change should have been made sooner. The gaps were showing at this point and Sporting had the upperhand and yet we made no changes.

Draw is ok but it's two points gone. But hey, it was the most enjoyable Depor match I've seen in a long time and that matters even more to me.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote