Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2009, 20:46   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA | Deportivo v Barcelona | 05-12-09 | Pre-Match Comments

The game has been scheduled for 22:00 local time on the Saturday night. Barca play in the Ukraine on the following Wednesday in what has to be the tightest group of the lot.
Whether or not they will be resting anyone for our game is anyone's guess but hopefully they will rest anyone that might not be 100%, which could mean no Messi or Ibrahimovic

Regardless of who plays for them on the night, they will still be one of the best footballing teams to come to the Riazor this year and a real test to how far we've come as a team.

Let's hope we don't pick up any injuries in Santander this Sunday and that there are no suspensions to cope with and then we can put them to the sword.

- Life of a Depor fan 2017/18
Old 27-11-2009, 22:12   #2
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

And Barca hosts Xerez in the next Wednesday (matchday 14), so they are playing the game of matchday 14 before the one of matchday 13, this because of the Clubs World Cup.
Old 28-11-2009, 00:38   #3
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

22:00 on Saturday night, means TV coverage
Old 28-11-2009, 01:05   #4
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
22:00 on Saturday night, means TV coverage
Yup! Cant wait!!!
Old 28-11-2009, 05:40   #5
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

lets win against Racing .. then we think about this match ...
Old 28-11-2009, 06:38   #6
deportivofan

deportivofan is on a distinguished road

madrid stole the peak of the table from barca, which means barca will be playing with their best players and with all their strength. Very difficult game for us.
Old 28-11-2009, 08:31   #7
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deportivofan
madrid stole the peak of the table from barca, which means barca will be playing with their best players and with all their strength. Very difficult game for us.

ehmmm... maybe not if they get to beat madrid first
Old 29-11-2009, 21:37   #8
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
It's just a pity that Barca didn't lose tonight, as we could have gone above them next week
I thought the same after our game, but they do play Xerez in midweek. Nevertheless, that leads to this game, which I'm very much looking forward to. Barca have drawn against Athletic, Osasuna and Valencia so far. And we can do it as well - or perhaps even take all three. They aren't invincible anymore. If you can take out Ibra, or just not play against him at all because of injury, you just need to play a physical game, going close to all of their quick men, and having support all the time. Just like we always manage to do against Real at the Riazor every year.

If we play as disciplined as we did against Sevilla, we have a great shot at this. Absolutely can't wait.

Oh, and when was the last time we played a 22.00-match? I simply can't remember - must be two seasons ago?

Old 29-11-2009, 23:30   #9
Reuben

Reuben is on a distinguished road

Yea Barca definitly give you chances. I think most just get frustrated cause they keep the ball so much and feel over inclined to do something with the ball when they get it. It's a vicious circle.

But I have no doubts that we can get a result on saturday cause over everything we just seem to have the right attitude this season.
Old 30-11-2009, 08:05   #10
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DK Blanquiazul
I thought the same after our game, but they do play Xerez in midweek. Nevertheless, that leads to this game, which I'm very much looking forward to. Barca have drawn against Athletic, Osasuna and Valencia so far. And we can do it as well - or perhaps even take all three. They aren't invincible anymore. If you can take out Ibra, or just not play against him at all because of injury, you just need to play a physical game, going close to all of their quick men, and having support all the time. Just like we always manage to do against Real at the Riazor every year.
Dude i m really happy with your optimism! It is doable. We can get a good result if the boys are motivated enough and play like a team which is in the top 6. I am just afraid we might end up playing like we did with Valladolid. But just like you I am very optimistic and a draw or a win is possible....barca better get ready for their first loss of the season!!
Old 30-11-2009, 11:28   #11
DepHun
Veteran
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

This is gonna be the first CL qualifier of the season! Time will tell whether there'll be more or not.
Old 30-11-2009, 11:41   #12
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

I won't be disappointed if we lose. It is true that they are not invincible, but we do not have the sharpest quality to match them. We can just hope Barça players have a bad day overall, and see our boys doing everything right with the coordination of a juggler...
Old 30-11-2009, 12:51   #13
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

the most complicated game this season for my we can beat them if we play whel and we play at home so but i'm not to sure if we whil win a draw woud be great to
Old 30-11-2009, 13:05   #14
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's hope, that Messi will be still out of form after his injury. Danny said it:
if we close down their creative players, we can easily get behind their defensive lines with counterattacks as their backline did't convince me so far this season.
Old 30-11-2009, 13:28   #15
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

We have a tough mini-Everest now in December with a tricky away game versus Almeria sandwiched in between hosting 2 heavyweights in Barca and Valencia.

I don't see any reason to be hugely optimistic for this game. Barca will play as they always do. 95% of the time, that is good enough to beat our side.

Danny is absolutely spot on with how we need to approach this match. We need to employ a high tempo, pressing game (English style) for the full 90 minutes if we are to have any chance. Even if we do that, we must then hope to have luck on our side. It is no coincidence that Bilbao, Valencia and Osasuna have displayed those tactics against Barca this year and were successful. If Lotina tries anything different, we could be destroyed.
Closed Thread