Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 05-12-2009, 23:53   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA | Deportivo 1v3 Barcelona | 05-12-2009 | Post Match Comments

We gave them far too much respect in the first half and they totally dominated us and deservedly took the lead through Messi. We then equalised with our only effort on target with a lucky goal as first Busquets set Adrian's header up and then Valdes made a hash of it.
2nd half started much the same but then we started to believe in ourselves and really matched them for a large spell before Messi scored a free header when we were down to 10 men after Guardado was receiving treatment off the pitch.
Ibrahimovic then got a 3rd after we should have equalised but we were looking tired towards the end.

- Life of a Depor fan 2017/18
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 23:55   #2
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Worst game of the season. Lotina's tactics were atrocious, and the players sucked donkey balls too, with the exception of Aranzubia and Manny P. Lopo, Colotto and Filipe were solid, but lost the ball too many times imo.

Our defense just camped in our own area. I mean come on, against Barca that's the dumbest thing you can do. Barca seemed pretty poor in the second half, so he should've brought in Valeron and/or Bodipo, but he didn't and even took off a striker for another defensive midfielder, which is what killed the game.

But even with a good tactical plan, we would've lost. Guardado, Mista and Adrian didn't control one ball the way they should've, our defense lost the ball while making the transition to "attack" constantly, etcetera. It was a terrible, terrible game, and anyone who thought Super Depor was coming back, will realise they couldn't have been further from the truth.

Seriously, I didn't expect anything when I saw Barca's line-up, but the way we lost was ridiculous. I'm embarrassed. Had we not made a crappy, totally lucky goal, it could've easily been 0-5. Bah.

I hope to get a positive reaction in Almeria next week.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 23:59   #3
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

They are the best team in the world, period. They just outplayed us in every way. There's not a whole lot more you could say about tactics or anything. They were quicker to every ball, and closed down everything that we did before it could develop.

They can also afford to have the Ballon D'or winner, and spend $40 million on one player.

Next game.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 23:59   #4
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

We are just not at the same standard as Barca, and we could have got a point out of the game, but Barca deserved the victory, we were not good enough.
Mista is a waste of space.

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 00:00   #5
Luis Fabiano
Super-Seasoned

Luis Fabiano is off the scale

It's like I'm watching the Inter-Barca game, just sitting in our area and inviting them to score :/ *sigh*
Luis Fabiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 00:03   #6
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Mortenlj is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't see the game, so it's hard to make a fair judgement. But it always feels bad to go from a very decent 1-1 to 1-3 in the last 10-15min.
According to the comments, it wasn't entirely undeserved though...

But hey!, not all that much lost, we're still very much in the race for europe...
Old 06-12-2009, 00:05   #7
Chris

Chris is on a distinguished road

You can't emphasise enough how Barca were paid too much respect.

It's all well and good cooing over their collection of prodigious talent, but that doesn't excuse not showing up to play them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 00:06   #8
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vink
There's not a whole lot more you could say about tactics or anything.
Oh yes there is... Look, I still think Lotina has done a brilliant job so far this season, but when he blows it, he blows it. And this time, he blew it.

Every time Barca had the ball on the middle line and they started going forward, there was nobody of Depor who challenged them. They just ran along until they reached the area, and there they tried to lock up the place. Against Barca, you just know you're gonne concede sooner or later defending that way. We should've defended a hell of a lot deeper on the pitch. We shouldn't have given them the chance to constantly play around our penalty area. Our defense should've put pressure in the area behind the middle cirkle, thát is the only way a team like Depor can get something against a team like Barca. So yes, there was a huge problem with tactics today imo.

But like I said, it probably wouldn't have mattered if we played differently, cause all of our players were subpar anyway.
Old 06-12-2009, 00:07   #9
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

First half was bad, but in the second half we were ok. We didn't have many problems to keep that 1-1, but in a bad defensive play we suffered the second.

I doubt that we could have done better, with the players we have. If we would have tried more to score a goal, it would be a matter of minutes (like those 8 minutes between 80'-88') to suffer one, so generally i think the tactic with 4+4 players behind the ball, was ok.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 00:14   #10
vink
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Oh yes there is... Look, I still think Lotina has done a brilliant job so far this season, but when he blows it, he blows it. And this time, he blew it.

Every time Barca had the ball on the middle line and they started going forward, there was nobody of Depor who challenged them. They just ran along until they reached the area, and there they tried to lock up the place. Against Barca, you just know you're gonne concede sooner or later defending that way. We should've defended a hell of a lot deeper on the pitch. We shouldn't have given them the chance to constantly play around our penalty area. Our defense should've put pressure in the area behind the middle cirkle, thát is the only way a team like Depor can get something against a team like Barca. So yes, there was a huge problem with tactics today imo.

But like I said, it probably wouldn't have mattered if we played differently, cause all of our players were subpar anyway.

I disagree. We had a pretty good control front of our D in the first half, and smothered their attacks pretty well, but it didn't matter because we couldn't get the ball out of our own half. Every time the ball went up the field, someone would jump in front of the pass, or Pique would smother our forwards. They just pressed us to death and gave us no outlet.
It's not just that they are physically faster, Barca is faster in their thinking, and they just beat us in every way. They are a better team, because they can afford to be.
I agree that Lotina did not make good subs. I would have taken Mista off for Valeron instead of Juca for Adrian. I'm not sure why he brought on Pablo Alvarez as well.
Old 06-12-2009, 00:19   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vink
I disagree. We had a pretty good control front of our D in the first half, and smothered their attacks pretty well, but it didn't matter because we couldn't get the ball out of our own half. Every time the ball went up the field, someone would jump in front of the pass, or Pique would smother our forwards. They just pressed us to death and gave us no outlet.
It's not just that they are physically faster, Barca is faster in their thinking, and they just beat us in every way. They are a better team, because they can afford to be.
I agree that Lotina did not make good subs. I would have taken Mista off for Valeron instead of Juca for Adrian. I'm not sure why he brought on Pablo Alvarez as well.
We all know Depor has a pretty good defense, but you must admit that Barca should've scored three at half time. Zlatan's and Messi's misses are chances that usually Barca doesn't miss. Then that's 3 goals conceded in the first 45 minutes, you can't possibly call that good tactics and pretty good control, can you?

Of course we always lost the ball when it went upfield. We had two players upfront who had to run after long balls against 6 Barca players, what do you expect then? I stand by my opinion, the way Lotina played it, it was just a matter of time before Barca screwed us. Then in the second half he completely blew the game by taking off Adrian for Juca. Defending further on the pitch was what Depor should've done. I don't say we would've won that way, but tonight's plan was utterly hopeless.
Old 06-12-2009, 00:29   #12
vink
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
We all know Depor has a pretty good defense, but you must admit that Barca should've scored three at half time. Zlatan's and Messi's misses are chances that usually Barca doesn't miss. Then that's 3 goals conceded in the first 45 minutes, you can't possibly call that good tactics and pretty good control, can you?

Of course we always lost the ball when it went upfield. We had two players upfront who had to run after long balls against 6 Barca players, what do you expect then? I stand by my opinion, the way Lotina played it, it was just a matter of time before Barca screwed us. Then in the second half he completely blew the game by taking off Adrian for Juca. Defending further on the pitch was what Depor should've done. I don't say we would've won that way, but tonight's plan was utterly hopeless.

No, I'm saying that we were chasing the game from the first minute, because they are so damn good. We never got a toehold.
Old 06-12-2009, 00:29   #13
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

If it was Lotina's tactics to sit back and let Barca attack us then I'd tend to agree with you Gregster but Barca are that good with the ball, that it might simply have been that our players just paid them too much respect and didn't want to dive in, thus doing the exact opposite and standing off them too much. In fairness to Lotina, I saw a couple of instances of him on the touchline shouting out orders and not looking happy with the way they were dominating.
Bottom line is, we lost to the best team in the world and although our equaliser was very lucky and totally against the run of the play, it could also be said that we went behind when we were having our best spell and were down to 10 men.
I'd have liked to have seen us rattle them for a longer period than we did but at the end of the day, there's no shame in losing to Barca.

- Life of a Depor fan 2017/18
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 00:42   #14
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Booooooooooooo!
Old 06-12-2009, 00:49   #15
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

Today, our defense was good. But in attack we were not so good and i agree too with Lotina's substitution. Juca - Adrian.

Well, I think Lotina prepared for set-piece chances and wanted to make our midfielder line more thick. But this time, we don't have set-piece chances and also Juca did nothing. It was a failure strategy, but i think this was just lack of luck.

Messi's first goal - I think it's not that big mistake from our players, because he is one of the best player in the world and this goal was just unexpected for Aranzubia. Anyway, after this goal, i thought we would be humiliate...

Adrian's equaliser - It was really good. After this goal, we played very well and could have some chances, but this time also lack of striker's ability..

Messi's second goal - We were good until this goal, this goal was just their ability - one shot and one kill. After this goal we collapsed a little and made Zlatan scored 3rd goal..

Today, yes.. we lost.. but don't be pessimistic. If it was not Depor - i mean Other club VS Barca, they would be humiliated, I'm sure for 100%.

But we made an equaliser and sometimes we made Barca difficult to play in their style. If u watch Barca's other match we could know better what i mean. Though we lost, today's performance was why we're 4th or 5th team in La Liga now.

Next game i hope we win.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote