Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 31-01-2010, 00:51   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Deportivo 1 - Real Madrid 3 | 30-01-10 | post match

Terrible game. I am feeling a little embarrassed because we did nothing.
Comon! the curse of Real Madrid could not end in this way
Old 31-01-2010, 01:14   #2
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Yet another 1st half shocker. For the first 60 mins it was really poor and then we had the odd flash where we looked like we might be able to create some danger but overall, we lacked ambition, belief, mobility,pace and movement.
Surprised to see Adrian criticised in the MbM thread as he looked like he did more running than anyone and at least looked like he was really trying. Dani also made a few great saves, including one world class.
The first goal we gave them was a terrible error by Laure but as much as I hate Guti, it was a moment of class by him for their 2nd. Riki gave us hope but it was soon extinguished as our left side went awol in injury time.
The curse of the Riazor had to end some time but I'd have rather it ended after Cassillas won them the game with some great saves rather than such a poor showing.
In short, we made an average Madrid team look good.
Old 31-01-2010, 02:15   #3
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Pleased with the second half from the 60th minute onwards coincided with the introduction of Ivan Perez. It was an all-round decent effort in the second half but our poor half and the lack of intensity didn't help at all.

I was very pleased with Ivan Perez and Adrian's efforts. The curse is broken but it'll start again next year

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 02:24   #4
Norde

Norde is on a distinguished road

Didn't watch the game as it had been years since my last night out before tonight.. A little dissapointed because the curse is broken (there have been seasons when we;ve been playing worse and indeed we didn;t lose to RM).. A little content that i didn't watch that little whiner-Ronaldo winning in Riazor..

As the Australian friend above me says.. let's go again!
Old 31-01-2010, 03:08   #5
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

What the hell happened tonight??? Damn!
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 03:09   #6
Xurxo

Xurxo is off the scale

It's all Peterke's fault, he was our jinx last night.

Very dissapointed with the lack of motivation and disgusted with so many Madridistas in Riazor ...
Old 31-01-2010, 04:21   #7
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

terrible...simply beaten
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 06:44   #8
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Damn! The curse is over!
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 07:55   #9
tsapa
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tsapa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to tsapa

I'm not concerned as much with the curse as with our yesterday's performance.
I hope I'm wrong, but the second round of Primera is going to be very tough for us. Ours complete lack of creativity upfront is frightening.
Old 31-01-2010, 08:07   #10
deportivofan

deportivofan is on a distinguished road

we can't deny we deserved the defeat. I watch almost all depor's games and it seems to me that when we play big clubs such as real and barca, we defend almost the whole game hoping for a point. That's not what we're supposed to do. We should be playing for the 3 points whether we're playing barca or xerez.

I don't know if that's lotina's plans or if it's the players themselves, but we really should stop doing that. I understand we're suffering from injuries, but that doesnt mean we should defend, we should never give up.

Anyways, FORZA DEPOR. Let's forget this game and win the next one.
Old 31-01-2010, 10:00   #11
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

the curse is over

I blame the Coach then the Players for the defeat

their first goal gave them the will .... I don't blame laure I blame the central defender behind him because Larue is short the defender should have talked to him and made leave the ball for him , instead He left laure do it

second goal though it was great still it was due to low pressing from the defender .... cause he was giving Benzema the space ,, thats why he manged to get the ball and shot it ,... if the defender was very close to him it would have ended at least outside from the defender

Thats it

No more Handi-caped Juca ...The Turtle and No more adrian as a lonely striker

Lotina should talk to lopo ,,, committing many mistakes lately

hopefully sergio's participation will be soon and Riki as our main striker
Old 31-01-2010, 10:22   #12
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

i was so shocked yesterday sill feeling bad my cell phone was off till this morning...i cant imagine we are losing against madrid in Riazor even after we were playing so bad & it was 2-0 i was sure that something will happen & we'll get @ least a Draw....

we played so much better away in Madrid....many mistakes...Laure,Manny cant play as a left back...Juca i dont know wt 2 say about him even when he had that free kick (same place he scored against Villareal & xerez) he didnt shoot,his stupid corner gave them counter attack & the 2nd goal
Adrian cant play alone as a striker u tried that many times Lotina & it didnt work so plz dont do it again....

come back guardado we need to survive in the 2nd round
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 10:33   #13
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

The curse was nice, and keeps existing in some way as they only could beat us once in 20 years!

But that was not the most important thing. Rik very well sums up what we were lacking, and that was a lot. Madrid missed important players, so did we with our left defenders (Filipe/Angulo), Sergio, Guardado and Lassad. But we could have shown more ambition and spirit. Indeed, we made this average Madrid team look like they were great.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 13:23   #14
Paul
Peña Member

Paul is on a distinguished road

They were clearly better than us. Not too worried about the hoodoo. I'd much rather we lose this than draw it while also drawing one of the matches we won 1-0 this season.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 15:54   #15
LondonDeporHincha

LondonDeporHincha is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurxo
It's all Peterke's fault, he was our jinx last night.

Very dissapointed with the lack of motivation and disgusted with so many Madridistas in Riazor ...
you know what? we played awful, even despite the injuries, lack of passion to win. well done madrid. as much as it hurts me to say this they beat us easily. but i was at the match last night and what hurts me more than anything is that half the la coruna fans were actually supporting real madrid. its a phenomena known all over spain but as a friend of mine said last night, were normally 13 thousand fans on a regular weekend, tonight it was 35 thousand. there were more of them than us. all i ask of mr lendoiro is that next year he puts all the madrid fans at one end of the stadium. Its quite embarrassing and disrespectful having half the main stands celebrating a goal for the away team. thank god i was behind the goal with the mighty riazor blues
LondonDeporHincha is offline   Reply With Quote