Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 20-03-2010, 19:54   #1
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari
Default LIGA | Deportivo v Valladolid 0-2| 20-03-10 | Post Match Comments

didnt see the match, but from wht i read we played possibly the worst match of the season.. i hope we'll recover quickly with Guardado, A.Tomas and Laure back..
hari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 19:57   #2
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Only one player showed up tonight, and it was Valeron, who got inexplicably subbed by Lotina after just an hour, which ruined the only chance we had at coming back. All the other players should be punched in the face and that includes Lotina. I honestly don't think I'm overreacting here. This was worse than just embarrassing.

What the hell are we gonna do without Guardado next season? The more this season goes on, the more sorry I feel that Lotina renewed his contract. Is this what everybody has been so positive about? Is this the team that Lotina has been building for three years? We can't defend, we can't attack and there's no team spirit whatsoever. On top of that, I doubt Depor has ever trained on set pieces. They're getting worse by the week. For a team that has a hard time scoring, set pieces are incredibly important, especially since we have a few good headers in the team. What the hell has Lotina and the team been working on this week? Can anyone tell me, cause I sure as hell don't see it. The only thing Lotina did today was kill the game off entirely for us.

Seriously, what the hell's going on over there? Is it that they just don't care anymore or what? You can have an off-day, but this was more than an off-day. Nobody showed any kind of spirit and dedication except for Valeron. In the second half, our defenders couldn't even be bothered to mark their players and to run after them.

This wasn't just the worst match of the season, it's the worst match I've ever seen from Depor. There's just no excuse for that second half. Seriously, I'd really like to punch all of them in the face, I think it would be relieving.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 20:02   #3
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

hm.. cool off Gregory.. we have played some very bad matches this season (may not be as bad as this one, but still) and we have always managed to comeback..
btw, how was Juan Dominguez?
hari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 20:02   #4
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

A bad presentation against one of the poorest teams in La Liga. This is for blame. Valeron wasn't in best form but without him depor played more bad virtually. I have good opinion for couple of players - Lassad, Adrian and Dominguez. I hope the Lassad's change caused by fitness reason

My estimate for the players (max. points 10 for one player)

Aranzubia - 7
M.Pablo - 6
Lopo - 6
Colotto - 6
Seouane - 5
J.Rodriguez - 6
Ze Castro - 5
J.Dominguez - 8
Valeron - 7
Lassad - 8
Adrian - 8
P.Alvarez - 5
Mista - 5
Bodipo - 5

Generally i can say that a lot of players were very bad in the game - Seouane, Ze Castro, P.Alvarez, Bodipo, Mista in other words our substitutions were totally weak and invisible
Old 20-03-2010, 20:02   #5
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

The worst game I have seen in 2-3 years, we are just a group of women that are afraid to attack or fight for the ball, can any body tell me if we had one shot on goal, and even when we introduced mista and Bodipo we looked worse, what the hell Lotina is doing??, what the hell is this team??, what the hell happened ???I CANT BELIVE WE ARE IN THE SIXTH POSITION
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 20:04   #6
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Replace Valerón with Adrián and you got it.. what the heck did Valerón do? In no way the man to blame. But he didn't do anything at all, mainly due to the lack of running, and even uncharacteristically lost the ball several times.

Anyway, today - or well, the 2nd half - was the ultimate combination of bad tactics and completely non-motivated players. Ze Castro and Lopo were spectacular in that regard.

Rather than Guardado, I'm looking forward to getting Tomas back. We'd lose all games with a midfield like this.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 20:12   #7
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

We keep loosing points against poor opponents in the likes of Espanol and Valladolid. Those last managed to take us 6 points from 23pts they have in total, with a humiliating 6-0 on agg

Still people keep talking every time about easy and weak rivals against a side like ours..

dj-origenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 20:12   #8
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
hm.. cool off Gregory.. we have played some very bad matches this season (may not be as bad as this one, but still) and we have always managed to comeback..
btw, how was Juan Dominguez?
Had I posted my opinion of this abysmal game tomorrow, I still would have phrased it in the same way. At one point, Valladolid started a counter, with one of his teammate making a run on the right, and none of the six men we had at the back ran after that guy, eventhough 3 of them were looking right at him. I honestly didn't think it was possible to be so bad unless you're doing it on purpose.

Since New Year, the only point we really deserved was last week against Sevilla. Even against Xerez and Tenerife we were lucky. This team is nowhere now, and it just goes to show you in what kind of crisis Spanish football is, if teams like Depor and Bilbao are so high up the ranking. Cause let's be honest here, the way things are now, this team has no business in Europe.

Valeron got fouled about 7 times (which nobody at Valladolid ever got booked for by the way), and everytime Depor came a little close to the goal in the first half, he had a foot in it. Had he stayed in, at least Mista and/or Bodipo would've gotten the ball sometimes. But when he's surrounded by nonchalant 'football players' like Ze Castro, JR, etc, who all didn't manage to make one good pass, of course he's gonna lose the ball sometimes. There was absolutely zero movement today.

I also think Ze Castro managed to turn himself into the most hated player at the Riazor in just one game, as before his sub, even the simplest of passes were not arriving anymore. The way he was playing, he doesn't even deserve a single chance anymore this season imo. What the hell is he gonna do in a world cup playing like that?
Old 20-03-2010, 20:13   #9
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally unacceptable performance that made a shitty team look half decent.

No-one had a good game, not one player. Adrian and Lassad looked lively in the first half hour without ever threatening but at least they looked like they were trying for a bit. Juan Dominguez picked out some great passes in the first half and one great pass in the 2nd half but like Valeron, was not helped by the lack of movement. The 2nd half was one of the worst performances I have EVER seen and being an old git, that's from alot of games.

I feel shocked, ashamed and generally just confused as to how we can play so damn badly.
Old 20-03-2010, 20:13   #10
saifhalabi
Almost Regular

saifhalabi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to saifhalabi

Well said. I Would like to do the same. Punch all of them in the face. What a shame we lose twice from them and they talk about taking a revenge. What revenge is that?

We have to win the next game to make up for this lose cuz this game played today should have been an easy win since Depor was facing an easy opponent but the opposite happened .

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Only one player showed up tonight, and it was Valeron, who got inexplicably subbed by Lotina after just an hour, which ruined the only chance we had at coming back. All the other players should be punched in the face and that includes Lotina. I honestly don't think I'm overreacting here. This was worse than just embarrassing.

What the hell are we gonna do without Guardado next season? The more this season goes on, the more sorry I feel that Lotina renewed his contract. Is this what everybody has been so positive about? Is this the team that Lotina has been building for three years? We can't defend, we can't attack and there's no team spirit whatsoever. On top of that, I doubt Depor has ever trained on set pieces. They're getting worse by the week. For a team that has a hard time scoring, set pieces are incredibly important, especially since we have a few good headers in the team. What the hell has Lotina and the team been working on this week? Can anyone tell me, cause I sure as hell don't see it. The only thing Lotina did today was kill the game off entirely for us.

Seriously, what the hell's going on over there? Is it that they just don't care anymore or what? You can have an off-day, but this was more than an off-day. Nobody showed any kind of spirit and dedication except for Valeron. In the second half, our defenders couldn't even be bothered to mark their players and to run after them.

This wasn't just the worst match of the season, it's the worst match I've ever seen from Depor. There's just no excuse for that second half. Seriously, I'd really like to punch all of them in the face, I think it would be relieving.

saifhalabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 20:18   #11
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

thats the spirit !!

its clear from the start that the players are going down ....from filipe's injury and the team is down

before we had 2-3 players working and if they work they motivate the others and this game valeron was the only one

Frankly, I don't understand lotina ...this formation was used against sevilla and it worked ...but it doesn't mean it will work against valladolid ...he would have simply played with two povets JR and JD
and gave adrain and alvarez wing position and lasad valeron forwards

it was clear from the start that this formation won't work ..and the mistake was introducing ze as povet ..at least if he wants to use him use him as a side-back

this team is a shame ..... hell with the 6th place Bilbao deserves it more
Old 20-03-2010, 20:24   #12
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

pffff why do we play so bad against low team's and we won't to go to europe not if we keep playing like this
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 20:43   #13
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Valeron got fouled about 7 times (which nobody at Valladolid ever got booked for by the way), and everytime Depor came a little close to the goal in the first half, he had a foot in it.
Thought my memory had turned into a 70-year olds for a moment.
But well, I'll just sum up the chances I could find:
4th minute: An Adrián-Lassad combination gets us a corner.
6th minute: Juan Dominguez dribbles a man, then plays it into Lassad who should've gotten a penalty.
8th minute: A defensive mistake from Valladolid - Adrián takes it and almost plays it into Lassad's path, who would've been clean through
12th minute Valerón gets the ball after hard work from Adrián and plays a cross, which JR can't get.
16th minute: We get a throw in as Dominguez chips it in before it gets cleared.
18th minute: The big chance of the half, as all Adrián, Lassad, Juan Dominguez, Valerón and JR are all involved, with Lassad making the final pass to JR, who's shot gets saved.
24th minute: Juan Dominguez plays Adrián, who plays Lassad, who gets a corner.
34th minute: Adrián retrieves it and just gets the ball in. Valerón passes it, it deflects a defender, Juan Dominguez retrieves it and plays JR who should've scored, and perhaps have gotten a penalty. 50-50 IMO.
38th minute: Lassad plays it into the path of JR who can't get it - we get a corner.

That's what I could find, sadly - an ubiquitous Valerón wasn't there. Please point me in the direction where he is.

I think the sub was fine. But none of our players, except from Adrián, really were. Utterly waste of a good performance against Sevilla last week.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 20:47   #14
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Cause let's be honest here, the way things are now, this team has no business in Europe.

Though that's not a matter of the post-game thread, we were not uefa cup material last season, that we were playing at uefa cup (which was so obvious against a decent European team like CSKA), so how we become a Europa league team in a season that we lost important players, and those that came, left the house injured?
The fact that we're up there in the table, is sth to be credited in both Lotina and the players, but we're not what one could have in mind for a Spanish team representative for European competitions.

As for the game, i'm with Hari...we were awful, but this isn't the first time.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 20:50   #15
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Lol DK, you really didn't have to go through all that trouble.

Let me just put it this way. How many times did we get in the area after Valeron was subbed? Almost zero. Valeron was the only one who tried to position himself in the right way, and most of the times he was actually the only one teammates could pass to. Adrian tried his best for sure, I'll give you that. Lassad had one too many stinkers today as well though imo.

Imo, we áre ready for Europe with Guardado and Filipe. With them gone though, we're the same level as the likes of Tenerife and Valladolid.

Last edited by deporiginal : 20-03-2010 at 20:53.