Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 17-10-2010, 17:51   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA 10/11 | Deportivo 0 - Osasuna0 | 17-10-10 | post-match

0-0
Old 17-10-2010, 17:57   #2
dip14
Seasoned Member

dip14 is off the scale

Really really dont understand the attacking policy here......

Looping the ball into the box ?????????????(how many times we done that)

What a shame that now we have to depend on 19th century -forgotten -old trick which hardly school boys perform now a days.....

I clearly see No positive attacking-game plan for this side......Dont know how we going to win matches......

Best of luck..
Old 17-10-2010, 18:06   #3
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Unbelieveable...
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 18:15   #4
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree. We started by trying to cut through the middle. But we couldn't pass our way through. We couldn't combine from the wing towards the center either. We tried distance shots as much as we could. We tried a bit of everything today, but it didn't work. Dioni, Saul, Adrian, Lassad, Pablo Alvarez,... They tried their best, they even created several chances, but they simply can't score the goal. Instead of blaming our offensive strategy, just go ahead and tell me what else the players are ABLE to do. I don't get what's so unbelievable about this either. This game was exactly what I expected it to be. I just hoped we would've had a lucky goal or something.

I'm actually a little glad after today. The players showed they still have the spirit. We just need a little luck for one game.

But we do need to work an our corners though. We had 12, and did absolutely nothing with them.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 18:28   #5
dip14
Seasoned Member

dip14 is off the scale

u can c every time there are 2-3 extra osasuna players in the box...half-chances may b...

7 matches and 3 goals...(2 of them r doubtful penalties).....literally 1 open goal in 7 matches...ie. almost half of the first leg is quite near...

Scoring goals will b big problem this season..as we know....let us hope we can deliver..
Old 17-10-2010, 18:40   #6
benea

benea is on a distinguished road

should have donne better against 10 men Osasuna
Old 17-10-2010, 19:02   #7
Joak

Joak is an unknown quantity at this point

the results speak for itself bye lotina
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 20:01   #8
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 20:08   #9
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
I'm actually a little glad after today. The players showed they still have the spirit. We just need a little luck for one game.

So aren't we completely pathetic and helpless?
I didn't watch the game, and when i learned the result, i had the utter hope that at least we played well and just being unlucky.
But from what i understood from the comments, and no-comments, that wasn't the case.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 20:12   #10
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

The problem is that this team doesn't have a tactic. You can't play like this against a rival that played an hour with 10 men, you can't end throwing cross after cross. We already wasted 9 points at home, this is UNACCEPTABLE. Lotina should be fired, what he was doing on the pre-season?
Old 17-10-2010, 20:30   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
So aren't we completely pathetic and helpless?
I didn't watch the game, and when i learned the result, i had the utter hope that at least we played well and just being unlucky.
But from what i understood from the comments, and no-comments, that wasn't the case.
These comments are of course to be expected. In the end we had two huge chances in the first half, and several good chances in the second half. And there were periods of times that we really put them under pressure. But if you're playing with Lassad, Dioni, Saul, Adrian, Alvarez,... then of course there's a point that the players will start getting anxious and revert to those crosses. Lotina was heavily signaling to the players to stop those and keep possession of the ball. Without Guardado, Valeron and Urreta, any hope of creativity was gone from the start. And contrarious to the last two games, I did see a team that tried their best with a sense of urgency. I don't see how else we could've built up attacks today with this squad, without Guardado, Riki and Urreta. I honestly don't. There were several nice actions through the middle in the first half, but everyone seems to have forgotten those. And of course, after Camunas was dismissed, Osasuna concentrated more on defending, which made Depor's task even harder.

I honestly think you're oversimplifying the problem Carlos. It's easy to say you can't end up throwing cross after cross against 10 men. Lotina will acknowledge that. But what else are the players going to do? They don't have the explosive speed to burst through a defense. They don't have the passing capabilities to get through a defense. We didn't have Guardado, Urreta, Valeron and Riki, our four best offensive players.

I like to refer to Eupen right now, a Belgian newcomer in first class. They clearly have potential to be a solid midtable team. But they were unlucky at the start of the season, and then their confidence was buried. After the first ten games of the season, they only scored 4 goals and only claimed 1 point (after a scoreless draw). Now yesterday, they played against an opponent that had 0 points out of 15, another team capable of actually being a solid mid-table team. Eupen scored an early very lucky goal, another rather lucky goal came soon after, and they ended up winning 6-0. I'm not saying Depor is suddenly going to win 6-0, but I am saying that a little luck in one game could turn things around, as long as our players are spared from injuries.

Last edited by deporiginal : 17-10-2010 at 20:37.
Old 17-10-2010, 21:08   #12
dip14
Seasoned Member

dip14 is off the scale

10 men 4 hunt 4 45+ minutes...still we can not score...considered 11 goals...dumped by 6 goals at rm...no single win...already in bottom 3......

Can anyone explain how and why we should think it will be over ?
Cant we c the inevitable ?

Give me 1 reason to keep lotina apart from we can not afford a new coach...In that case let it go...
Old 17-10-2010, 22:25   #13
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

If Lotina gets fired and we lose our first game with a new coach, I'm gonna be sad for Depor of course... But I wíll laugh my ass off in here, I guarantee you that

Fire Lotina, keep Lotina for now... Both have their advantages and disadvantages, so at this point, I wouldn't mind either way. But I just can't see thing getting better with some new coach. Unless of course we get spared by injuries under this fantastic new coach who will no doubt lead us to tenth place at least.

I think it's funny people are shooting Lotina down for the tactics against Osasuna, but what the hell did he do wrong this time? What magical strategy can he come up with to make this Segunda team work, cause let's face it, without Guardado, Valeron, Riki and Urreta, that's exactly what we were today.

Last edited by deporiginal : 17-10-2010 at 22:27.
Old 17-10-2010, 22:30   #14
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

well .....Lotina can do better ..... with the full list of players

the continuess injuries are killing us ...however I think Lotina is buired tactically ........

I would to see him sacked however bringing another coach might cost us to lose some games ...

we have the next tow games If Lotina can't win them , him staying won't do good
Old 17-10-2010, 22:49   #15
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

actually i think Lotina cant do better 4 this match,im not a fan of him but without Riki,valeron,guardado,but i blame him 4 our poor marking in set pieces, & poor performance in our set pieces we got million corner & there is nothing,anyway Lassad finishing is so rediculus,& A.tomas is unbelievable
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote