Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 24-04-2011, 17:53   #1
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA 10/11 | Hércules - Deportivo | 24-04-11 | 17h00 | Post match comments

Another dissapointing performance away from home, and now we're right back in the eye of the relegation storm. Scary, really.
Old 24-04-2011, 17:57   #2
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

We didn't play particularly well, but still, I felt they only had a slight 10-15 minute spell of real domination and it was quite an even game that could've gone either way. Unsurprising that the first goal proved to be decisive, and that was poor defending, but still a shame.

Anyway, that just puts immense pressure on the next game. We're looking at just a 3 point gap ahead of the next round, as Zaragoza will most likely win tomorrow.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 17:58   #3
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Forza Almeria in Zaragoza!
Old 24-04-2011, 18:00   #4
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

as usual another away game to suffer in....!!!

now they r back alive
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 19:37   #5
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Lotina and his stupid changes
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 23:01   #6
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Lotina and his stupid changes

exactly .. at start I thought the second sub will mean Valeron out and Adrian In

however it was Xisco big mistake and Dominquez in ???
Old 25-04-2011, 01:57   #7
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

What a surprice! another awful performance away home. With all his years of experience, I would have thought by now Lotina would know away games are just as important as home games.

Seriously guys, I stopped watching Depor away games a few weeks ago when it became clear either Lotina or the players (or both) just don't give a shit about them. Its just not worth it (and trust me, my love for Depor is as intense as yours)
Old 25-04-2011, 05:18   #8
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

I tried to stay awake for this match.. But couldn't get past the first few minutes. Looks like I didn't miss much.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 05:28   #9
Thai Depor
Seasoned Member

Thai Depor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Forza Almeria in Zaragoza!

Forza Almeria too at least draw
Thai Depor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 12:49   #10
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still extremely pissed off after this game, mainly because of the ref. He acknowledges Drenthe, who was already booked, took a dive in the area, and he whistles in our advantage, but then fails to take out the second yellow card. This is blatantly ignoring the rules, which states that this is always a booking. Coward.

Sure, we didn't exactly play a great game, but with Drenthe out of the picture and Hercules a man down, things could've gone down differently.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 13:22   #11
Joak

Joak is an unknown quantity at this point

i actually agree with the ref there giving red card for a dive is to harhs
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 15:48   #12
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmyrvold
i actually agree with the ref there giving red card for a dive is to harhs

Yeah, but it's still the rules. If a player dives, the ref should give him a yellow, this time the ref acknowledged the dive but didn't dare to give him the card. You can say what you wan't about whether this rule is too harsh, but the rule is there and the ref didn't enforce it. Which, in all actuality, is a far bigger scandal than what we treat is as, because either the ref did not know the rules or he chose to ignore it. Unacceptable, in both cases.
Old 25-04-2011, 17:00   #13
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian
Yeah, but it's still the rules. If a player dives, the ref should give him a yellow, this time the ref acknowledged the dive but didn't dare to give him the card. You can say what you wan't about whether this rule is too harsh, but the rule is there and the ref didn't enforce it. Which, in all actuality, is a far bigger scandal than what we treat is as, because either the ref did not know the rules or he chose to ignore it. Unacceptable, in both cases.
And besides, a yellow card for a dive isn't too harsh. Why would players stop diving if they know they're not even going to get booked for it?

Oh and Jmyrvold, maybe you're thinking we wanted the ref to give Drenthe a direct red card for his dive? Drenthe had already gotten a yellow card at that point. When he took the dive in the area, trying to get a penalty, he knew he would get sent off by collecting a second yellow card, if he was caught. And he was caught... But the referee made a big error and allowed him to stay on the pitch anyway. Nothing about this decision is "interpretation". The referee either chose to neglect the rules, or he simply didn't know the rules. Either way, he deserves to be kicked down to Segunda.
Old 25-04-2011, 17:15   #14
Paul
Peña Member

Paul is on a distinguished road

Well, the Laws of the Game also state that it is a cautionable offence if a player delays the restart of play. However, you'll usually only see a player carded for that if he's done it more than once. (You might also see it if it is quite blatant and getting towards the end of the match.) Therefore, you can't blame the ref for not carding a player who's only dived once (I assume it was only the first, I didn't watch the match). I don't think you should get angry with the refs until FIFA releases an actual policy stating that the refs should be clamping down on this diving.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 18:57   #15
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Well, the Laws of the Game also state that it is a cautionable offence if a player delays the restart of play. However, you'll usually only see a player carded for that if he's done it more than once. (You might also see it if it is quite blatant and getting towards the end of the match.) Therefore, you can't blame the ref for not carding a player who's only dived once (I assume it was only the first, I didn't watch the match). I don't think you should get angry with the refs until FIFA releases an actual policy stating that the refs should be clamping down on this diving.
The laws of the game state that unsportsmanlike conduct should be punished with a yellow card, and the most popular example of unsportsmanlike conduct in football is diving. If you dive in your own defense, I can see why someone wouldn't give a card (even though I think diving should always be a yellow). But there's no question whether or not to give a yellow card if someone dives trying to get a penalty. Always yellow. I have never ever seen someone not getting carded after getting caught diving in the penalty area.

Besides, Drenthe spends more time diving towards the ground than actually doing something. Especially that douche needs to be carded for his diving, or he'll never stop.