Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 12:56   #1
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road
Default LIGA 10/11 l Barcelona - Deportivo l 15-05-11 l 21h00 l pre-match comments

Even if Barca put out half of their B team, we are still absolute underdogs. Barca need 3 wins in their last 3 games (starting tonight v Levante) to reach 100 points for the season. They also need 9 more goals to reach the 100 Liga goals mark. A 9-9 draw tonight would be perfect for us! Nobody expects much from us in this game. Maybe, just maybe.........
Old 11-05-2011, 12:58   #2
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything's possible of course, but I'm not expecting much from this.

Hell, if we concede early, I might even switch the stream to support Sevilla and Osasuna That is, if Zaragoza manages to win tonight.
Old 11-05-2011, 13:12   #3
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's win Barca B and finish the season
Old 11-05-2011, 14:51   #4
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Carlos and Rik!
I am really considering since their Sociedad match, that maybe, I say maybe, we, as the official, international pena/forum should write an official letter to FC Barcelona, that they should avoid the un-sportmanlike behaviour of making differences between relagation candidates, and with that behaviour decide the relegation, so they should place the very same squad (without Ini, DV, Ped, VV, Puy, and Busq) against us (except the injured right back, Montoya), that has played in San Sebastian. Just to call their attention on fair play.
Old 11-05-2011, 14:59   #5
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

You have to realise Barcelona is most likely going to use their first team as they are home and this is their last home game. I still doubt the result will be like the 4-0 i went to see in riazor but i think we can get a 1-1 tie out of this battle in camp nou maybe riki can dive properly and get us a penalty -_- jk i rather see a fair tie,

First team barcelona as this will be there La Liga victory game in Camp Nou to celebrate =/
Old 11-05-2011, 15:02   #6
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinO
maybe riki can dive properly and get us a penalty -_-
I'd rather see him on the bench after yesterdays game It's really true that he is better when comming in as a sub in the second half.
Old 11-05-2011, 15:12   #7
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Carlos and Rik!
I am really considering since their Sociedad match, that maybe, I say maybe, we, as the official, international pena/forum should write an official letter to FC Barcelona, that they should avoid the un-sportmanlike behaviour of making differences between relagation candidates, and with that behaviour decide the relegation, so they should place the very same squad (without Ini, DV, Ped, VV, Puy, and Busq) against us (except the injured right back, Montoya), that has played in San Sebastian. Just to call their attention on fair play.
At some point I thought you were talking seriously.
Old 11-05-2011, 17:11   #8
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Could Barca really begin and end their season in the Camp Nou with defeats???
Old 11-05-2011, 17:14   #9
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

they should let us win 4 many favours we did 4 them Madrid always dropping points in Riazor...

i dont mind if Messi scored 10 goals in Dani's net & b the pichichi if we can take points from them

lets try our best...anyway i'm expecting nothing
Old 11-05-2011, 17:43   #10
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Dephun, before presenting that helpless suggestion, you had proposed a better one on another topic...don't remember where.

That the club should present a pre-game attitude, that we are going there to play for life or death, we are going for a war rather than a football game, etc...
Messi, Iniesta etc, wouldn't like much the idea of having 11 De Jongs, or Charlie Adams against them
Old 11-05-2011, 17:47   #11
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

The only flaw in that plan ggeorg, is that the likes of Barca and Madrid already get way too much protection and decisions in their favour when they play the likes of us and every little challenge, whether fair or not, would be whistled and yellow cards shown. (if made by us obviously)
Old 11-05-2011, 17:49   #12
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
The only flaw in that plan ggeorg, is that the likes of Barca and Madrid already get way too much protection and decisions in their favour when they play the likes of us and every little challenge, whether fair or not, would be whistled and yellow cards shown. (if made by us obviously)

This is very true when i went to Riazor in january for the barca game every touch was a foul whether it was or not. It was lame =/
Old 12-05-2011, 01:02   #13
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

So, as a recap, the only two teams we need to worry about right now are Zaragoza and Getafe. It's very likely that 1 more point won't be enough. We need another win. If on Sunday either Sociedad loses in Sevilla, or Levante loses in Valencia, then 3 points are mathematically enough to secure the permanence. Both of these outcomes seem likely, so let's hope at least one of them will come true, that's all we need.

Of course, let's hope we manage to get a surprising draw in Barcelona, combined with a win of Espanyol in Zaragoza. That would spare us a lot of drama

Barcelona was pretty bad today though, and it's extremely likely that players like Messi won't even play against us. Barcelona has been through a rough patch of games, including 4 clasicos, and this is pretty much the first game where players like Messi could get a good rest. So let's believe in our chances against Barcelona. If everyone is at the top of their game on Sunday, and luck is with us for once, we can finish this.

Last edited by deporiginal : 12-05-2011 at 01:06.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:20   #14
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
So, as a recap, the only two teams we need to worry about right now are Zaragoza and Getafe. It's very likely that 1 more point won't be enough. We need another win. If on Sunday either Sociedad loses in Sevilla, or Levante loses in Valencia, then 3 points are mathematically enough to secure the permanence. Both of these outcomes seem likely, so let's hope at least one of them will come true, that's all we need.

Of course, let's hope we manage to get a surprising draw in Barcelona, combined with a win of Espanyol in Zaragoza. That would spare us a lot of drama

Barcelona was pretty bad today though, and it's extremely likely that players like Messi won't even play against us. Barcelona has been through a rough patch of games, including 4 clasicos, and this is pretty much the first game where players like Messi could get a good rest. So let's believe in our chances against Barcelona. If everyone is at the top of their game on Sunday, and luck is with us for once, we can finish this.

Will barca be crowned as champions of the league in this game ?

and why did the liga federation put all games at the same time ? they should have done it earlier or never

we are in a bad situation , unless we pay Espanyol to win their next game agaimst Zaragoza

cause I don't believe we can get a thing from this match even with a B team ..am sure they will play with their starters ( you know Depor's Luck )
Old 12-05-2011, 01:49   #15
KaKa

KaKa is on a distinguished road

Barc should pay attention to the game against Manchester United rather than us