Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 04-09-2011, 21:06   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Segunda | matchday 3 | Depor 0v1 Hercules | Sep 4 | 20h00 (CET) | Post Match Comments

That was just surreal. I'm not a big fan of Ze Castro but he was one of our better players, wheras Valeron, who is usually so reliable was goddamn awful. Salamao was very refreshing going forward until he chose to shoot and then he was bloody terrible. The defence wasn't that busy but got caught napping for the goal, although we were perhaps unlucky not have been awarded a freekick when they took posession just before the goal.
I think their keeper only made 2-3 saves and I'd expect us to control a game like this much better than we did.

To be quite honest, it's performances like these that make me glad we're not still in Primera.

In terms of cohesion and team gelling, it looked as if it was the first game we had played together and everyone was struggling to learn the others strong and weak points.

In terms of movement, ideas and fitness, it looked like this was out 90th game of the season and we were just knackered both mentally and physically.

That was poor.
Old 04-09-2011, 21:13   #2
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

for all our good intentions, it's rather sad to tell after 2 games that promotion is no reality this year.
The only thing improved at Depor compared to last year, is the trainer - at least his substitutes and the will to go forward.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 21:15   #3
Lulu
Peña Member

Lulu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lulu

The players today play very good than the last match , but the luck
against Depor. Really , today I clap for Ze Castro who play good match
and he close to score but the luck .
Salomao played very good , he attacked and defend .
Hope To FORGET this lose and THINK about NEXT match.

FORZA DEPOR
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 21:16   #4
Depor_Vin
Veteran
Peña Member

Depor_Vin is an unknown quantity at this point

It's funny. A few of us we're questioing the substitution of Manuel Pablo for Lassad thinking it would weaken the defence. In fact it brought out one of the better performances Ze Castro in a Deportivo shirt, although in a more attacking capacity. Lassad coming on did send out the message we meant buisness, but we simply didn't know how to go about our buisness. Comparisons between this and the Valencia are more than valid, as we simply didn't know how to create a goal apart from a cross or the occasional wild shot from Salomao. It's bizarre. We had minus well have Lotina still in charge for all the difference Oltra has done. Sure it's early days, but I was really hoping he would rid us of the 1 man up front formation. I really want to see two up there. Riki or Xisco upfront, Lassad or Alvarez dropping off. I see that working. This formation is predicatble and tiresome.
Depor_Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 21:17   #5
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

i missed the first 15 minetes off the game but the first half was not so good the goal was bad deffending nothing more and a bit off bad luck maybe. Ze castro suprissed my whit his game i have to say even after all the citisme he got last season he made a verry good game good in deffence and helping to attack and he seemd to be the only on who know how to cross the ball in the box. The sad part of the game was that our scoring problem was underlined big time i have no idea where the cause off that is poor crossing maybe bad passing lake off somebody who know where the goal is i just don´t know.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 21:17   #6
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

I'm devastated. Maybe it was stupid, but I never expected that we could loose in Segunda, especially at home. I expected us to never struggle and to break some records there, but tbh we're not really better than last year. But well - we didn't buy a striker, so why would we expect that we're going to score more goals? We got new coach who decided to continue to play with one striker even though we're favourites in every game and on paper should win it at least by 3 goals difference.

Today we weren't better and we didn't deserve for 3 points. We made more chances but who cares as long as most of them were just crosses, not shots, not anything. That's why they deserved to win.
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 21:24   #7
Lulu
Peña Member

Lulu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
for all our good intentions, it's rather sad to tell after 2 games that promotion is no reality this year.
The only thing improved at Depor compared to last year, is the trainer - at least his substitutes and the will to go forward.

we can't judge from 2 matches only , we have to wait until the end to see
if the promotion is this year or not.
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 21:25   #8
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

All this talk about playing with 1 or 2 strikers, I don't see it making a big difference. In the second half we played 3-5-2 and even though it provided lots of pressure, we didn't score. Also we can't play a season based on a 2 striker formation when we only have 3 of them in the team, all of them injury prone. And IMO it's impossible to play with 4 defenders, 2 strikers and still have Valerón on the pitch. So either ditch Valerón or stick with the 4-2-3-1. But like I said, the system is our smallest problem of all when we don't have a single player except maybe Colotto who is capable of scoring.

Let's not rule out promotion so quickly though, we have 40 matches to go and even the 6th spot will give us chances. I fear it will be a lot harder than most of us thought though.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 21:35   #9
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well.. Hercules had 2-3 chances all game, and they scored the winner.
The 2nd half was all Depor, the problem for us is the same problem that we have had for 4-5 years.. we havent got a potent attack.
I thought today we were at fault for not using the wings, that is the only way to unlock a team who comes to defend, unless you are Barca.
I hope Riki's injury is not serious, because he is vital for us, Ze Castro played well today, Bergantinos played quite well, although I thought he was a bit slow, and solomao also played well, but he is still very young & inexperienced, and often rushes things when near the oppositions goal. I was happy to see Saul back on the pitch after such a long absence. Although he was only on for 20 mins, he did provide a beautiful cross for 1 of our players which required a good save from their keeper. As some of you have said, Valeron had a bad game, and gave the ball away on quite a few ocassions.. he shouldnt really be playing 90 mins every game at his age.

On a positive note: Colotto, Guardado, Gama and hopefully Riki will soon be back in the squad.

Diego Rivas played very well for Hercules, and did not let Valeron breath.. we could have done with this guy in our squad this season.

We have to learn to make our possesion count, and make better use of the wings otherwise this will happen to us again.
Old 04-09-2011, 22:13   #10
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

In an ironic twist to our lack of goalscoring, Guardado got the only goal of the game tonight in Mexico's 1-0 win over Chile
Old 04-09-2011, 22:43   #11
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Hercules is full of cheaters
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 22:54   #12
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

To make the things worse Celta's just won in Huelva with a 87' minute goal + Recre haven't scored from penalty in 90'.
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 22:59   #13
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

wow carlos are you sure it was ze castro one off the 2 that jumped when they scored i never saw a number 5 in that action it was 22 ore did i see that wrong?
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 00:25   #14
vlada

vlada is on a distinguished road

Disappointing! And that crazy sub by Oltra couldn't work - if we use Xisco as target man, then a must is somebody who knows how to cross the ball. It was more logical that Laure was on for MP and Lassad instead of Valeron.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:09   #15
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlada
Disappointing! And that crazy sub by Oltra couldn't work - if we use Xisco as target man, then a must is somebody who knows how to cross the ball. It was more logical that Laure was on for MP and Lassad instead of Valeron.

That sub was briliant by Oltra... he analysed what Hercules did with putting preassure on our atackers and then he totally turned the game arround. It was only bad luck and lack of sharpness in front of the goal that was to blame for the 0 points.

I am impressed with Oltra at this game.