Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 07-09-2011, 21:07   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Copa | 2nd round | Depor 5v1 Girona | Sep 7 | 20h00 (CET) | post match

Bad start, going behind after just 4 minutes but great to see us attacking and going for it.

Deserved win but both teams could have scored another 5 each. Really happy to see Lassad with a hattrick and some good signs from Salomao and Juan Carlos going forward especially. Laure looked like he has the engine to go all day up and down that flank and Valeron put his terrible game at the weekend behind him to show us his real class.

My only worry is that the 5-1 scoreline might make us forget what a disaster the central defensive pairing was. They looked totally inept at times with no togetherness at all and it was mostly thanks to some terrible finishing that we didnt concede a few more.
Old 07-09-2011, 21:11   #2
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

What a crazy game!
losing since minute 3 to end scoring five goals for the first time in two years, watching the first hat-trick in 3 years and watching Bodipo been cheered up at the Riazor
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 21:13   #3
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, the central defenders were shocking but there were too many positives to dwell on that. Laure has got to be starting for me, whether it be ahead of Manny P or Ayoze. Salomao is a real livewire, always looking to create havoc and he looks a real handfull. Juan Carlos looks very promising and I can't wait to see more from him and were bound too given the amount of games played in the segunda. What more can you say about Valeron......
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 21:15   #4
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

To be fair, Adrián did score a hattrick against Cordoba last season. The Copa seems like a good tournament for our strikers.

But yeah, this does looks promising, although it could seem like Vazquez and Colotto are pretty essential for our defense.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 21:17   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
What a crazy game!
losing since minute 3 to end scoring five goals for the first time in two years, watching the first hat-trick in 3 years and watching Bodipo been cheered up at the Riazor
I don't wanna be difficult or anything, but didn't Adrian score a hattrick for us in January in the Copa as well? I seem to remember something like that

Great game offensively, especially considering there were a few players missing. Guardado and Valeron really showed their class in the short time they've played. Great game by Salomao, and hopefully he'll be a bit calmer now that he's scored his first goal.

Defensively though, this was the worst I've seen us play... ever.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 21:22   #6
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Fair points from Rik, especially about the defensive frailties. I'd like to stress the positives - we were really, really good going forward. We played with an air of freedom, like we were playing a game in the local park at times. Juan Carlos was magnificent. His simple distribution was a joy to behold. Saul did well for a while and Salomao was tremendous all night and well deserved his goal. Lassad's link up play, not to mention his goals was very impressive. And Valeron just lit the fires when he came on.

In terms of the formation, I mentioned last year that I'd like to see Guardado in the centre of the field alongside only one out-and-out defensive midfielder. We got that tonight with JD in the playmaker role and Juan Carlos slotting in beside Alex. As a pivote combination and for the sake of upping the pace and punch of our midfield, I would like to see more of JC-Vasquez/Alex, than Alex-Vasquez. We are more mobile and dangerous going forward. Sure, it leaves holes in front of the centre backs, but that is something I think Oltra can work on. Incidentally, I think a combination of Juan Carlos-Ruben Perez would have been very interesting indeed.

Aythami just doesn't look comfortable with Rochela. Neither does Colotto for that matter. But one thing I noticed in the second half was that the centre backs continued to play the ball intelligently out of defence, on the ground. That was the only encouraging part of their performance. Ayoze and Laure were too wide in defensive moments and didn't tuck in to plug the gaps.

If this is the way Oltra is going to have us play, I'm all for it. If we win 3-2 or 4-3 every week, I won't care. I'll just have to get fitted for a pacemaker soon!!!!

Happy days!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 21:40   #7
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO Alex B is getting better every game, I love the way he links the midfield play to attack, he is not afraid to bring the ball forward, and his distribution is pretty good, we just did not see that at all with A.Tomas.
Laure needs to play more often, he's got great stamina.
Juan Carlos had a very comfortable game, IMO he is already looking like he will be or already is better than JuanDo.. which is very exciting for us.
Solomao for the 2nd consecutive match featured very heavilly. He played very well tonite, scored a nice goal, and just missed out on scoring a brilliant goal.. I wish we owned him, but hey.
saul had a relatively quiet match, but he is getting minutes, and I am sure we will see him improve over the weeks.
Lassad was very cool and clinical in front of goal. It was great to see him bag 3.. I hope this is the sign of things to come.
Valeron is just amazing, he won the game for us in 15 mins.. threading 2 beautiful passes to Lassad. Oltra needs to protect him throughout the season to avoid burn out and injuries.. Valeron amazes me time & time again.

And how nice was it to see us score 5 goals at home in front of 20,000 fans ... great stuff !
Old 07-09-2011, 22:14   #8
titov
Almost Regular

titov is on a distinguished road

What I think we got today and is important is that our players will be hopefully more confident at scoring goals and going forward as they saw today they can score and finish the game. Hopefully this means more goals for Depor. Lassad was cold blooded today, hope he doesn't get injured now. If he stays fit he could well bang a quite lot more goals.
titov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 23:08   #9
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

What a score! I'm impressed by Lassad and whole team, that was something I have been waiting for for such a long time. And honestly, I don't care that much about our defensive line as it was mostly B squad.

Our midfield impressed too, those players showed spirit on the pitch, they showed that despite young age and inexperience they're the ones who are ready to die for Depor, they really wanted to show they deserve the place in the line-up in Liga games. I'm especially happy for Juan Carlos, always loved 'Depor-born' players and his name tells everything too

Right now it's time bring such an attitude to liga games and I thing it will happen sooner or later (hope sooner ). Lassad especially got power boost today and I hope Oltra won't waste it.

Oh, and what an attendance! Riazor Blues really make me proud this season as never before

Btw. when is the draw for the next round? It's not that I started to care about Copa 11/12, but I can't wait to see those boys together on the pitch again
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 23:13   #10
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I know we played a lot of reserves but I was wondering how Girona's team compared to their first team. Was it the same or a B side?

If that was more or less their first team, this was very encouraging indeed.
Old 07-09-2011, 23:42   #11
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Damn, missed this one. Can't wait for the highlights! And isn't it funny how fast things can turn around in football?
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:15   #12
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

highlights?
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:46   #13
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo
Damn, missed this one. Can't wait for the highlights! And isn't it funny how fast things can turn around in football?

Yeah, Im happy to see such a bright atmosfere here (compared with sunday's, that is).

I also missed the game, but I hope to get a second chance to see something similar this weekend And Im so glad both Juan Carlos and Salomao have started to meet expectations
Old 08-09-2011, 03:36   #14
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

Right from the start it's been apparent that Salomao has no shortage of raw talent, but he's lacking in the decision making skills that matter as much as talent. For the time being, I would not be surprised to see another Hercules-style game followed by one like we saw tonight, but I think he's going to be all right. The veterans will bring him along. He might even be a star.

I was very impressed with how well Juan Carlos and JCV were linking up together as well. As this season goes on, I would not be surprised to see Juan Carlos as a regular starter. Girona did not really put a marker on Valeron, which is the kiss of death, as we all know. Maybe Juan Carlos or someone else can provide another option when Valeron is locked down.

Let's hope that Lassad and Xisco can put them in the back of the net.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:43   #15
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
I know we played a lot of reserves but I was wondering how Girona's team compared to their first team. Was it the same or a B side?
The half were reserves, but neither it's a lot of difference. Maybe the player they missed was Corominas, one of their latest signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
highlights?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v6eESJ0kFM
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote