Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 12-10-2011, 23:18   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Copa | Depor 2v1 Alcoyano | Oct 12 | Post Match Comments

It was certainly a lot better than last weekend and we won with a rare goal from Dominguez and a tap in from Riki; with both assists coming from Salomao.
Gato's brilliant freekick after 73 mins made sure we had an uncomfortable last 20 mins but we held on.

Both sides gave the ball away a bit and the amount of times we tend to see our players go down injured is very worrying (Ze Castro and Morel both went off tonight injured) but we played some nice football in small spells and the fighting and harrying was much better when we didnt have the ball.

I thought Riki was very quiet after he missed an early chance but to be fair to him, he was very isolated. Juan Carlos had some goos spells and some other spells where he seemed to give the ball away much too often.
Laure and Seoane linked up very well and although Laure did much better than I thought he'd do in midfield, he definitely needs to work on his crossing. Rochela had 1-2 unconvincing moments but looked much more confident and composed alongside Ze Castro and then Colotto, then he did alongside Aythami a couple of weeks ago.

Salomao was for me our best player and it's a crying shame that we will have to give him back at the end of the season.

Overall though, I was pleased we showed a bit of spirit tonight and I'm happy to be in the draw for the next round
Old 12-10-2011, 23:38   #2
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

they put a lot of pressure, we didn't create a lot of scoring opportunities. Salomao made the difference tonight with 2 assists & another great chance,
i never thought i'll live long enough to see JD scoring
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 23:53   #3
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

I liked Juan Carlos
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 00:24   #4
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

We played well, not espectacular, but effective.

In defense:
Good match of Rochela today, quick to the crossing, serious, just 1 or 2 little mistakes without importance, much better than in pre-season. But who really impressed me tonight was Seoane, absolutely fantastic, both defence and attack. With time, confidence and continuity I'm sure he's going to be our right-back for the future. IMO he's better than Laure in many aspects.
Horrible again Morel. One thing I didn't understand was his presence in the line-up, because Ayoze can't play next saturday. I thought it could be a better idea to reserve Morel for that match against Nastic, just for protecting him from a posible injury tonight, as it finally happened... Oltra commited a mistake there, IMO. Bad news also that Ze Castro was injured again.

In midfield:
Juan Dominguez scoring a goal. I wonder if he dedicate it to Lotina. Good job of Jesus Vazquez, better than previous matches. Laure, I just don't see him playing there.And about Salomao brilliant again, on his level. Same for Juan Carlos, who gave us some good details, like the pass of the 2nd goal. Saul played some minutes, I hope he'll be soon at his 100%

Riki showed his movility, scored a goal (it was easy, but we all know Riki...) and the most important: he didn't suffer any injury. Lassad played the last minutes, he tried, but he was a bit individualist sometimes.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 01:04   #5
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_HYfCbcp2Y

Sorry for the bad quality (but camera effect is not my fault)
Old 13-10-2011, 06:41   #6
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Mortenlj is an unknown quantity at this point

2-1 might not be an awe-inspiring comeback, but we're on to the next round and it looked like we had quite a few chances from BNs highlights.

Who was it that made the pass to Salomao at the second goal by the way?
Old 13-10-2011, 08:17   #7
Mihec
Occasional Member

Mihec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortenlj
Who was it that made the pass to Salomao at the second goal by the way?

It was Juan Carlos.

Better link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f0M3WrUvD4
Mihec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 08:48   #8
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mihec for the highlights.
By the looks of it a deserving win, but it seems we didn't dominate. Alcoyano had quite a lot of opportunities, so our defensive game still needs work.
Salomao seems to be MOM he was involved in almost all of the good opportunities, unfortunatly he didn't stop the ball properly to get a better shot at his great chance.
Two players injured...again Surely there is something wrong, we had so many injuries last few years, it's unbealivable.
Old 13-10-2011, 10:03   #9
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

My Ratings:

Lux - 6 - Looked comfortable and didnt have too much work, I was a bit dissapointed that he was beaten at the near post for their goal, but it was a very good free kick from Gato.
Seoane - 7 - Solid and composed
Rochela - 7.5 - Joint man of the match IMO, Solid, composed and pulled off some good tackles.
Ze Castro - 7 - Up until his injury, he was doing well.
Morel - 6 - I thought he did ok and showed a lot of determination, I think some of the critism aimed at him for last nite's performance, is a bit unfair.
JuanDo - 6.5 - He did ok, and linked up well with Juan Carlos. He needs to be more involved in games, and take control of the ball.
Jesus V - 7 - One of his best games IMO. Very good defensively, and showed some nice touches.
Laure - 6.5 - Very involved, but lacks a bit of composure when making the final cross, he sometimes crossed the ball when nobody was in the box, as usual, he was full of energy.
Solomao - 7.5 - Joint man of the match alongside Rochela IMO. He is always a threat on the left, and last nite he also contributed defensively.
Juan Carlos - 6.5 - I think he is a rough diamond, who with time and minutes on the pitch could become a real star for us. He has good awareness, and is not afraid to attempt tight passes. He needs more games at this level to improve his 1st touch and his final pass, but I think its clear to see that he has a very good footballing brain.
Riki - 6 - Not very involved, but then again he didnt recieve too many passes. He will get sharper with more games.
Subs:
Saul - 6 - I like this guy, he could be an important player for us if he stays injury free.
Lassad - 5.5 - Not the same player we saw a month ago. Slow, sluggish .. he needs to improve if he wants a new contract.
Colotto - 6 - He did what he had to do for the last 20 mins.
Old 13-10-2011, 18:22   #10
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Mortenlj is an unknown quantity at this point

So, is there any chance of meeting say... Celta in the next round, or will the teams be seeded?
Old 13-10-2011, 19:11   #11
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Quote:
So, is there any chance of meeting say... Celta in the next round, or will the teams be seeded?

No Celta yet. Only 1st division teams for us, but not CL or EL teams, because these ones will have a rival from 2nd division B.
Old 13-10-2011, 19:37   #12
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
The rival will be: UD Levante, Malaga CF, Real Betis, Real Sociedad, RCD Mallorca, Osasuna, Rayo Vallecano, Real Zaragoza, RCD Espanyol, Getafe CF, Racing Santander, Granada or Sporting Gijón
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 19:40   #13
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's just beat Granada, and then knock out Real Madrid in the next round
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 21:23   #14
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I would absolutely love it if we were to knock out Zaragoza but if we were to lose to them, that would be a complete nightmare
Old 14-10-2011, 01:09   #15
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to beat Getafe, because they are practically full of ex Depor players, or Zaragoza, because they are scum ... lol