Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 15-10-2011, 17:01   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Segunda | Depor 2v2 Nastic | Oct 15 | Post Match Comments

Two points dropped in my opinion, although I guess we should be a little happy that we reclaimed 1 after going behind in the 85th minute.

We had little spells where we played some nice stuff and for me, Guardado and Salomao were our better players (in the 2nd half which was all I saw anyway).

The 3 biggest problems for me are:

1. We need about 10 efforts for every goal we score because our striers are not great.

2. The opposition only seem to need about 2 efforts for every goal they score.

3. Oltra should be on the bench where he can react to things right away and actually MANAGE the team. This really needs sorting out and the fact that our manager is confined to the stands each week makes us a laughing stock imo.

We seemed to be fairly comfortable for most of this game but either lacked ideas or quality in the final third but on the couple of occasions that they got into our final third, my heart was in my mouth. Lassad missed an absolute shocker of an open goal which would have put us 2-1 up, while at the back, we had defenders sucked into bad positions for both goals.

We got a point at home against a struggling Segunda side. That says it all really. I don't want to be too negative but I'm seriously starting to rethink on where I think we'll finish at the end of the season. On current form, we really don't look like a promotion side , not on a consistant basis anyway and to be honest, if we don't vastly improve, I'm not sure I'd want us to be playing at this standard against Primera sides each week.
Old 15-10-2011, 17:07   #2
Mihec
Occasional Member

Mihec is on a distinguished road

I insist that center of the midfield with Bergantiños and Vázquez is not working well.
Despite the goal Aythami performance was awful and Lassad was just laughable today.
Also, we need Oltra on the bench, I don't know what Lendoiro is doing.
Mihec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 17:18   #3
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Imo, the root cause of our malaise (in a defensive sense) is in central midfield. Watch the game again and see how much space Vasquez and Alex gave their midfielders. They are not tight enough and they don't react quick enough when the little triangles are being played around them. Vasquez in particular does not command his patch and for an experienced pro, he's not very spacially aware of what's going on around him. I think Oltra made a big mistake in subbing Alex instead of Vasquez - Alex was the better of the two on the day, but his role in their goal probably sealed his early bath.

Attack-wise, we have nothing resembling an out-and-out centre forward and until we get one, we'll continue to squander chances that cost us points.

More worrying is the general lack of a collective sense of urgency in the team. Hate to say it, but they're not putting 100% into every performance. Why? I don't know. They're paying lip service to the unbelievable support and goodwill from the Depor fans, but then they go out and play like Jekyll and Hyde EVERY week. And the most frustrating thing is that we know we have a better squad (on paper) that almost every other team in this league. One or two no-nonsense, in-your-face pros who will go in there and kick some lazy ass is what's needed.
Rack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 18:38   #4
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik

The 3 biggest problems for me are:

1. We need about 10 efforts for every goal we score because our striers are not great.

2. The opposition only seem to need about 2 efforts for every goal they score.

3. Oltra should be on the bench where he can react to things right away and actually MANAGE the team.

We seemed to be fairly comfortable for most of this game but either lacked ideas or quality in the final third.

Exactly. I couldn't explain it better.

Maybe our team is more mediocre than we thought. It is true that we have some good players, but we still lacking of something. We still don't have a striker able to score 20 goals per season, for example...

Today, one of the most worrying things was the bad performance again of Aythami and mainly Lassad, who got people desperate with him. I didn't understand Oltra's decision replacing Alex Bergantiños instead of Jesús Vazquez, I think we lost the midfield and they scored the 2nd goal.

The only positive thing is that fortunately we rescued one point at least.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 19:11   #5
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Simply unnaceptable

This is terrible, two posts, some chances... and we ended praying at the last minute
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 20:56   #6
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiSY_OTOD90

Sorry for the quality.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 22:20   #7
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with all the above posts.

1) We dominate possesion in most games, but we are unable to convert our chances. This is because Lassad spends more time on the wings than in the centre forward position - Lassad was very poor today, I just dont understand how he can put in such a lacklustre performance in front of 20 thousand plus fans at Riazor - Simply unnaceptable!
2) We should have bought Diego Rivera on a free transfer and not Borja, who hasnt even played a minute for us. Jesus had another poor game.
3) Aythami, how many poor games is this guy gonna have? If Ze Castro is not available, Rochela must be given a chance, because Aythami is responsible for a very high percentage of the goals we concede.
4) We need Oltra to be on the bench, to give the players a shout when needed.
5) Probably the most important point - we need to bring in a goal scorer in January. We cant have Guardado, Solomao and company running around like crazy for 90 mins to produce 1 goal. Today Nastic's striker 'Powel' had 2 chances and converted both. We are Deportivo La Coruna, we should have a flippin goalscorer (Prolific), we havent had one for 5 years now, something needs to be done. Because at the end of the day, we are trying to win this league, and not finish in mid-table, which is what we have been used to over the last 5 years.
Old 16-10-2011, 01:23   #8
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

There's really not much more to say that hasn't already been said. I'm just happy for Aythami that he got to partially atone for the two royal screwups he had today. He and Colotto don't have a good understanding on the field. Hell, I'd be willing to try Ze Castro and Rochela together at this point.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 03:24   #9
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

if nothing changes in a dramatic way, I don't see promotion this season.
Old 17-10-2011, 17:27   #10
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

i miss u lopo 2 much...!!!

its sooo easy to score against us, Aythami is a joke... we control & play we hit the post twice, and silly defending costed us 2 points, we need to send Aythami 2 the stands to cheer 4 the team, its funny when he shows how he love this team & he's the one who do the major mistakes, also i cant forget that miss from Lassad i hope he will not renew, in winter we need a Central defender & a better striker, if we stay like this postion number 6 in the table is the best thing we can achieve.
im still mad since saturday
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote