Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 30-10-2011, 22:11   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Segunda | Depor 3v2 Girona | Oct 30 | Post Match Comments

Most importantly, we got the three points.

First half was pretty poor imo as we started slowly, conceded a goal and then didnt show the character or determination I would expect. Riki did however score a great goal to make sure we went in at the break level.

The 2nd half performance was better than the 1st half for sure and Lassad scored a good team goal after Vasquez hit the bar. Laure then scored a comical 3rd goal as he first managed to miss a total sitter as him and Dominguez combined to make a quality defensive clearance and block just in front of their goal but thankfully, Laure then realised we were attacking and tapped in the rebound

I missed the last 5 minutes as my stream crapped out but they got a penalty which Coro put away and apparently Lassad missed a great chance for us in the last few minutes.

Happy with the points of course but still hoping for an improvement in performance to be totally honest.
Old 30-10-2011, 22:27   #2
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

With us in the 7th place with 19 points, Real Murcia in the 8th place with 18 points and Celta at the 4th place with 20 points: our next two games = fire
Old 31-10-2011, 00:06   #3
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Otra keeps sticking with the same players, and we are not really improving, and we concede far to many goals. I think its about time he made some changes, especially in defence.
IMO:
Seoane needs to replace Laure, Ze Castro to replace Aythami and Juan Dominguez to replace Jesus Vazquez.

...............................Dani............... ...............
Seoane..........Ze Castro...Colotto............Ayoze.
.........................Alex B...JuanDo.....................
Saul.....................Guardado...............So lomao.
...............................Riki............... .................

This is how we should play for the next few games.
Old 31-10-2011, 00:59   #4
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

dreadful dreadful first half

and i agree with ricardo...same players same poor performanes

least riki scoring. i would try ze castro, morel and Juan dominguez for aythami ayoze and jesus
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 01:16   #5
KaKa

KaKa is on a distinguished road

Keep up to promote back liga
Old 31-10-2011, 01:36   #6
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

This team has a real problem in the construction of the game, IMO. This was even more evident tonight, mainly in the 1st half. Maybe our players suffered the nerves and the tension in the athmosphere, specially after Girona's goal, but we lacked fluency and ideas and we weren't able to play the ball properly from our defense to our attackers.

Alex B. and J. Vazquez couldn't give the ball to the attackers, Guardado and Salomao came down to help, but only to pass the ball back again to Laure, Ayoze, Aythami and Colotto, which were "obligated" again and again to be our architects, our playmakers, and obviously we lost many balls in missed passes to nowhere.

In the 2nd half the team improved, but more with the heart than with the performance. Once again, we missed many clear chances meanwhile our rivals were incredibly effective, which begin to be seriously worrying.

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aBDfb-QL7s
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 03:02   #7
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Don't know if you noticed, but the team was -and will be- under the pressure from the fans.

On Friday the Riazor Blues wrote an open letter in their website asking for more courage and heart, and today there were some whistles at the start, even this signboard:

"We live 24 hours for Depor, you not even 90 minutes"

Thank God the game was tied at half-time, but you can see that people aren't content.
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 03:10   #8
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

3 points is 3 points.

Poor first half, probably due to nerves. Our guys realise the gravity of our situation only too well. I can only applaud their efforts in the second half. They showed the necessary character and guts to get the job done. Valeron was magnificent and he was the fulcrum of everything we did in a constructive sense. I was also happy with Vasquez's performance - he stepped up to the plate and fair play to him.

It's no coincidence that we started to play better when our full-backs attacked more in the second half. Width kills opponents in the Riazor and we have to take full advantage of that.

Happy also that Oltra sacrificed a pivote to bring on an extra attacker. He's showing some astute reading of the game imo and credit to him for that.

Riki performed well, although he needs to learn to 'shoot on sight' and Lassad's minutes on the pitch were effective and important.

I don't care if we concede two goals every game as long as we score three or more. The attitude we were looking for was there in the second half and that is pleasing. The one caveat I would have is that Girona is a very poor team. More attitude and a greater work-rate is needed for future games.

Overall, well done guys and let's put a string of victories together now.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 08:49   #9
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
This team has a real problem in the construction of the game, IMO. This was even more evident tonight, mainly in the 1st half.

Agree on that! In the first half, the most common case, was someone to receive the ball in midfield, then look to the right, then look to the left, trying to get an idea on what to do with the ball.
The only one, that seemed to have a clear idea, was Ayoze, that was searching Salomao with a long ball.
Very boring, predictable and unsuccessful.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 10:56   #10
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

i only see the second half i am happy they won.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 11:47   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see why Seoane should replace Laure to be honest. Seoane has never showed anything to convince me, and Laure isn't really the problem in our defense. I agree that Aythami needs to be replaced with Ze Castro though. I also think Jesus Vazquez has been improving lately. He even gave a couple of assists in the past few games.

I want to see a more offensive Depor. Which means playing with just one pivote. Put Riki behind the attacker, a position that'll suit him better imo. In fact, this is how we played in the second half yesterday. I really don't see why we have to be so defensive all the time, when we've got a great attacking midfield composed of Salomao, Valeron and Guardado. They just seem to get stuck all the time because they don't have any attackers to pass it to. I'm just gonna go out and say it: I think Oltra's current scheme is wrong. And I'd still give him some sort of ultimatum, but I know that's never gonna happen, unfortunately.

---------------Aranzubia--------------
Laure---Ze Castro---Colotto---Ayoze
-----------Jesus Vazquez------------
Salomao-----Valeron ------Guardado
------------Riki-----------------------
--------------------Lassad------------
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 12:26   #12
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
the whole post

for once i completely agree one hundred percent with you

lets have a drink
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 15:14   #13
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation

Thanks for providing these every game, I can't watch the highlights directly since it's blocked here in the US.

Big win, although it looks to have cost us. We continue to be strong at home, the only thing that is keeping us from consolidating a position at the top is our away form. We really need to pick things up away from Riazor. I understand some of these fields can be tough and the atmosphere is intimidating against a comfortable rival, but I think it's be a great learning experience for our boys if we start winning more away. I think this would make us a tougher team in First next year if we get promoted.
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 18:33   #14
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

I can dig the win. The first half was absolutely terrible for Depor. Riki probably saved us by evening things up at the half. I doubt Depor would have exploded like they did in the second had the score stayed 0-1. Turned into a very exciting game. Riki's shooting is still pretty attrocious though. All in all, this game shoulda been 5-2 as far as I'm concerned.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote