Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 13-11-2011, 22:33   #1
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Segunda | Depor v Celta | Nov 13 | Post-Match

That was a great match. It's always enjoyable when we can beat Celta by 5-0 or 3-0, but to win in a tight match is really satisfying. One of the better derbies, I think.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 23:09   #2
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

You know something, I'm gonna find it hard to select the players of the match. Maybe it's the Estrellas kicking in, maybe it's the euphoria of winning the Derby. Either way, I don't care. I'm on Cloud 9 right now! Fantastico!!!!!!!!!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 23:10   #3
Victorious
Almost Regular

Victorious is on a distinguished road

Fantastic!

Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 23:34   #4
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

The truth: it was a crappy game by Depor; if it were before Nastic everybody would be trashing Oltra, but since it was Celta, everybody is happy.

That's what I call taste for a derby match
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 23:41   #5
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
The truth: it was a crappy game by Depor; if it were before Nastic everybody would be trashing Oltra, but since it was Celta, everybody is happy.

I'm not sure that's totally correct Carlos. I thought we played much tighter in all areas of the pitch than we have done in previous games. I accept that we were far from fluent, but overall we played at a higher level than we have done recently. Just my opinion...
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 23:46   #6
gabi
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

gabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to gabi

Im happy!!
Old 13-11-2011, 23:47   #7
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
I'm not sure that's totally correct Carlos. I thought we played much tighter in all areas of the pitch than we have done in previous games. I accept that we were far from fluent, but overall we played at a higher level than we have done recently. Just my opinion...
You should lay off the beers Rack

Our players did have a higher intensity than in previous games, but we still committed the exact same mistakes. If we continue to play like this, we'll be losing lots of points in future games. We were indeed lucky.

On the other hand, I honestly didn't expect a win tonight. Celta was three points ahead of us, was having a good run, and having spent 4 years in Segunda, combined with the fact that they were playing away from home, they were the clear underdog in this game, allowing them to play liberated. There was an enormous amount of pressure on Depor on the other hand. The fans were pissed, and we really needed the 3 points. Everyone expected us to win, as we were playing at home. But we managed to beat our rival, so this could be a huge boost for our confidence. At least, I hope so.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 23:48   #8
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally don't agree, Carlos. I think we're pretty evenly matched in skills with Celta at this point, and even though they had a slightly better first half, I think that Depor tightened up pretty well in the 2nd half. I feel like the win was deserved.

More importantly, as Rack was hinting at, just about everyone in the team tonight had a moment of brilliance. Alex had a rough first half and then really stepped it up in the second. Lassad was anonymous till that golazo. It's pretty important to be able to seize the moment in a game like this.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 00:02   #9
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

truth is that the team did what it takes to win, we were also lucky and we had Dani at the protection. the team showed a slightly better performance but with the same mistakes.

Salamao did some fantastic work in the game but has one of the most horrible last touches to some great work, he can't finish his efforts decently.

Same mistake like all the previous games, weak defense, team spread open with wide gaps between the players, losing the ball easily and no one to recall it as they all watch the opponent enjoy having the ball around in Depors field.

bottom line, nice win guys and it was a really tight game where Celta were the better side. Depor's team and tactics are still worrying me.
Old 14-11-2011, 00:05   #10
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

i was at the wedding & a friend of mine called me after the 1st half & told me we are winning, i left the wedding to see the last 35 mins, Depor was better, we had many chances but we missed a lot.
we won today a very important game we are 3rd now in points, the fans are exited now, they deserve it 4 everything, the noise was awesome.

I'm very Happy, Congrats 4 all again & its good to see some old faces & i hope to see u active not just for the derby
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 00:16   #11
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Who cares how we play a derby as long as we win
FORZA DEPOR!!!

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 00:18   #12
scorchio

scorchio is on a distinguished road

Fantastic win, these derbies are always likely to be tense and evenly-matched matches so it's all about getting the 3 points. Unfortunately I couldn't watch the match but have read about it here http://www.spanishfootball.info/2011...agging-rights/
Does anyone have any video highlights?
Anyone know what the attendance was? And what's this they're saying about crowd trouble, with attacking the Celta fans' bus and throwing flares?
scorchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 00:43   #13
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchio
Does anyone have any video highlights?
Anyone know what the attendance was?

the stadium was almost full...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2ythp_agCM

the Goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-ds...watch_response
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 01:34   #14
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Oeoeoeoe oeee oeee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego

Remember R&B banner: The derby isn't played, is won.

Too much tension, too many nerves, so I couldn't say if we played well or bad, and honestly I don't care. I'm so happy with the victory and with our team, that today showed sacrifice, fight, heart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
I also hope Xosé (BN) has the routine to keep his voice until the very end.

I have the routine to keep my voice until the very end, but today I almost lose it shouting that amazing goal of Lassad, and I'm aphonic now...
I think it was the heart of Riazor who pushed that ball to the net... Orgasmic!

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGrkO_UsRRo
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 01:58   #15
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

even tho celta score two goals we still won =) Good shot by lassad. I watched this at a galician bar it full of celta and depor fans of course us depors were louder.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote