Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 10-12-2011, 20:16   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Segunda | Depor 3v1 Numancia | Dec 10 | Post Match Comments

One of our best performances this season and the 1st half in particular was pretty impressive.
Forget El Classico tonight, you won't see a better team goal than our first. A good cross from the right found Alex on the edge of the are who hit a first time volleyed pass over the defence for Valeron, who calmly squared the ball via his cushioned header to Lassad, who in turn thumped the back of the net with his 1st time strike. QUALITY GOAL !!!!

The second goal was also a great goal, although this time it was an individual piece of magic from Guardado as he connected with a ball that looked like it might have taken out any low flying aircraft. Guardado timed his run perfectly and as it the ball fell back down towards earth, he connected with it on the volley and watched as it went under the jumping Gama and found it's way into the bottom corner, past their sprawling keeper.

Lassad had another good chance after rounding the keeper but hurried his shot a bit and could only find the side netting.

The 2nd half wasn't quite as good as the 1st from our perspective but we still played some lovely football at times.

They got back into the game after we defended a free kick very badly and allowed Juanjo an easy header. There were a few nervy moments after that but it wasn't like they pinned us back in our own area. The nerviest moment came when Ze Castro was adjudged to have bought down one of their attackers. On first viewing it looked like a stonewall penalty but I saw one replay that looked like there was no contact, so I really don't know.
Thankfully, Julio Alvarez blasted the penalty well over the bar and we remained in front.
Our third came after a delightful through ball from Alex found his fellow Pivote Juan Dominguez, who showed alot of composure with a great finish.
In injury time, they were rediuced to 10 men when one of their defenders pulled Riki back, who made a meal of it but he was clean through.

Overall I was very pleased but the only downside for me was the performance of Ayoze who was skinned far too many times and looks like he has completely lost his confidence. In a game we deserved to win, we could have thrown it away if they had a good right winger.
Old 10-12-2011, 20:20   #2
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

With that first half performance, we can beat anyone in this league. We'd be safely on our way to at least second place if we could maintain that.

Second half showed a little complacency, and the way Numancia focused on our left hand side, our opponents know by now how vulnerable Ayoze is. We need to find a solution for it.

Apart from that, great stuff from our offensive players and Juan Dominguez looks on his way to make this his breakthrough season. Can't complain too much about the other results, either; this puts us one point behind Elche in second place.

Promising stuff.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 21:30   #3
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

So close to lose the points uff!
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 00:35   #4
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't see the first half, so I just saw a lot of crappy football from Depor. I'm pretty pissed off that we can't seem to put together a solid game from start to finish. We were lucky as hell to get out with three points and I think that scoreline flatters a little bit.
Still, maybe you could say that we're grinding them out and winning however possible, but we're still a work in progress. Just good enough to get out of Segunda?
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:34   #5
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Highlights from TVG: http://www.crtvg.es/tvg/informativos...-riazor-191532

It's the only available I found right now, because the rest of the media must be too busy with "El (puto) Clasico"...
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:31   #6
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
Highlights from TVG: http://www.crtvg.es/tvg/informativos...-riazor-191532

It's the only available I found right now, because the rest of the media must be too busy with "El (puto) Clasico"...

Thanks heaps for the link, I couldn't find anything.... AT ALL! Any chances someone could translate Oltra's brief comments at the end of the highlights??

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 19:09   #7
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebn8r
Thanks heaps for the link, I couldn't find anything.... AT ALL! Any chances someone could translate Oltra's brief comments at the end of the highlights??

I guess that Oltra was answering to some question about the suffering to win the matches:

"We have to look to the reality! The reality is: where are we? We're in 2nd Division, in front of rivals...eeer...you just look to the results this week, although I don't use to look the results or the table... If we only look to us, well, you have the right to do it. But I've got the right to defend it, because I believe in the team, in how we are, how we compete in many phases of the match... How do you avoid that? (about suffering in the last minutes) Well, I tell you, if we would have scored the third goal (before, I guess) today we would have avoid it. Sure."
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 00:07   #8
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

i almost broke the laptop when the ref pointed to the penalty spot....

thanks god we got 3 points that we deserved
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 10:00   #9
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
I guess that Oltra was answering to some question about the suffering to win the matches:

"We have to look to the reality! The reality is: where are we? We're in 2nd Division, in front of rivals...eeer...you just look to the results this week, although I don't use to look the results or the table... If we only look to us, well, you have the right to do it. But I've got the right to defend it, because I believe in the team, in how we are, how we compete in many phases of the match... How do you avoid that? (about suffering in the last minutes) Well, I tell you, if we would have scored the third goal (before, I guess) today we would have avoid it. Sure."

Thanks for the translation... I guess he gets asked that same question after every match we win...

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 10:13   #10
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Somebody didn't agree with me when I said we are a Jekyll and Hyde team. Well, this game is a perfect example of what I mean. Great first half and crap second. Not only do we do this consistently within games, but we also do it too often from game to game. But hey, we're in the top 3 of the Liga, so that's a bonus.

I'm not taking anything away from the players or Oltra for the results - they've already highlighted this as a problem too. But, we have to search for a consistent 90 minutes sometime soon.

On the plus side, we are scoring goals now and conceding less at the back. Lassad and Guardado scored two fantastic goals and JD took his one very well indeed. That's progress and let's remember that it is Oltra's first season with us, so it was bound to take time for his ideas and tactics to kick in.

Gama is getting better with each minute he plays. Alex is solid and consistent in midfield and Aranzubia was rarely threatened. Dare I say, we are getting better with each passing week?
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 12:09   #11
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Gama is getting better with each minute he plays. ... Dare I say, we are getting better with each passing week?
I think we were good on the first matches, then we went down, and no we are better once again.
Gama? his first matches after his injury were better than this one against Numancia. According to me of course...