Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 21-12-2011, 23:40   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default Copa | Levante 4 - Depor 1 | Dec 21 | post-match thread

Nah! I don't care for been eliminated, but it as a pity to lose after winning 3-1

The referee was terrible

1-0: (14’) El Zhar,
1-1: (22’) Pablo Álvarez (penalty),
2-1: (37’) Ballesteros,
3-1: (79’) Rubén Suárez,
4-1: (101’) Kone
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 23:46   #2
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Revenge will be sweet in Primera next season!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 23:50   #3
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Playing with 10 men, that was a very respectable performance. Might be a good thing though that we only have one competition left to play.

And seriously, watch that link Filip posted on page 14 of the min-by-min thread. Hilarious
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 23:52   #4
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Copa | Levante 4v1 Depor (A.E.T) | Dec 21 | Post Match Comments

This was a bit of a rollercoaster ride. We conceded after 13 minutes but then got a penalty 10 minutes later after a Messi like run by Pablo Alvarez, who picked himself up and tucked away the spot kick.
We then had Saul sent off after 35 mins and conceded the 2nd goal just 2 minutes later. We came out for the 2nd half with good grit and determination and just after the hour, Lassad came on for Bodipo to give up some attacking threat up front. We kept them at bay until 79 minutes when Ruben Suarez managed to find the net from the edge of the area.
Juan Carlos came on 3 minutes later which gave us a bit more in an attacking sense and added some frsh legs to help out what was looking like a very tired Depor side.
The biggest talking point of the game came in the 3rd minute of injury time.
Ballesteros clipped one of our players in the area (might have been Juan Carlos) and the ball deflected to Lassad who stuck the ball in the net straight away. However, the goal was dissallowed because the ref blew for a penalty before the ball crossed the line, so we were the team penalised for Ballesteros' foul in the area. Absolutely no advantage at all given and instead we got a disadvantage. Terrible referreing !!!
Of course, we should have scored the resulting penalty but Alvarez crashed his shot against the bar and it came out, which meant that our very tired 10 men had to play another 30 minutes in extra time.
We did continue to carve out chances of our own but it was no great surprise that Levante were getting a few chances too and in the 100th minute, Kone juggled the ball before hitting the winner as we stood by watching.
Overall, I think most of the players tonight worked hard and showed character and a willingness to sweat blood and tears and going out of the cup is not the end of the world.
However, it's hard to forget about that terrible refereeing which cost us the tie in normal time.

EDIT Dammit Carlos, I would have started on the Depor Predictions if I'd know someone else was doing this
Old 22-12-2011, 00:11   #5
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

sure i agree that it's better to not have the burden of 7 games in January, but i enjoyed the cup games so much more than the league games this year! Would have wondered who was to be our next opponent... Shame!
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 00:42   #6
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

now it is impossible to see Depor live any more this season.
what a disapponting performance!!!!.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 00:57   #7
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Not a tragedy. It would have been nice to continue in the Copa, but maybe it's better for us to focus in only one competition. I couldn't see the match, but it seems that mainly the ref and the bad luck kicked us out of the trophy.

Juanlu, player of Levante, has his leg broken and probably will be out for some months. Borja, who made the tackle which caused that injury, was crying at the parking of the stadium, very affected after knowing that.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 04:24   #8
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

only one thing I am worried about is , how was Rochela, Seoane and Juan Carlos?
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 07:04   #9
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Im actually quite sad about this. I knew the copa wasn't our priority, but I felt a good run in it would have been great to bring back some confidence, not only to the team, but to the whole institution.

BTW, I do think our fringe players could have used some copa games to stay warm for the whole season. Well, lets see if we are stronger after the break. Players like Guardado and Valeron were in need of some rest I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
Juanlu, player of Levante, has his leg broken and probably will be out for some months. Borja, who made the tackle which caused that injury, was crying at the parking of the stadium, very affected after knowing that.

Why? Is Juanlu son of a mafia boss or something?

Just kidding, sad news really. I actually thought Juanlu was quite a decent player during the few minutes I could see him between both games. Wish him all the best, hopes he gets well soon
Old 22-12-2011, 09:54   #10
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

We had to be more careful with the game and wouldn't play with all subs....how can we keep 2-goal advantage with players in defense like Rochela, Seoane, Ayoze.....We are for blame, the referree was annoying but it's normal cuz we played very rudely.....and all bad luck with us...
and the 2nd penalty had to be for Lassad - i am sure he could score it....

Overall players like Lux, seoane, rochela, ayoze, vazquez didn't impress at all, juan carlos made a solid game....it's good to give him more mins
Old 22-12-2011, 13:54   #11
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0W1k7QQ01g
Old 22-12-2011, 16:17   #12
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

A shame we're out given what occurred last night. Being a man down nearly the entire game conditioned this match. We got to see the team give it their all against one of the better primera teams and show face. The result doesn't speak for the match itself. We could've won had the shark put the PK away. Or had Lassad scored that shot he hit off the post, which eventually led to Levante's 4th goal... Alot would have beens in this one, but overall I am proud of how our bench players played. Our main priority is to finish top 2 in our league and that's it.
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 16:48   #13
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
Quite confusing video.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 17:21   #14
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
Quite confusing video.

Lucky Bastards
Old 22-12-2011, 17:34   #15
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Dissapointed to get knocked out of the Copa. I thought we put in a decent performance, if P.Alvarez scores that penalty in the final moments of the game, then we are through.
Ultimately being down to 10 men for most of the game is what killed us.
Juan Carlos made a run, where he passed three players through the middle, was very impressed by that piece of skill.