Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 21-01-2012, 17:58   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default Liga | Depor 1- Villarreal B 0 | Jan 21 | post-match

Perhaps the worst game of the season, but with the swettest result. Depor ends the 1st round a tthe top and on the right path to Primera

1-0: (77’) Lejeune (o.g.)
Villarreal hit the post three times, it played with then men and we suffered a lot.
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 18:01   #2
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

so how is the performance of our boys? who did good and who did bad?
Old 21-01-2012, 18:03   #3
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Poor display all round. The sign of a team in form is winning when you play badly and we did exactly that today. This piles on the pressure on the other contenders. Pocket the 3 points and move on. Thanks for those crucial first half saves Dani!!

Sultan, they hit the crossbar 3 times in the first half hour and Dani made two great saves. They should have been 2-0 at least at half time. They played in a solid formation, which was very difficult for us to break through. Our service to Gama and Guardado on the wings was ok, but when they got the ball, they were often marked by two players. They had a man sent off 5 minutes into the 2nd half and that took the sting out of their tail. Gradually, we launched attack after attack but I must be honest and say that it looked like one of those games where we just wouldn't score. A fortunate own goal sealed the victory. Very muted display and I hope we're not going to start suffering from vertigo.

Last edited by Rack : 21-01-2012 at 18:09.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 18:38   #4
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Poor display all round. The sign of a team in form is winning when you play badly and we did exactly that today. This piles on the pressure on the other contenders. Pocket the 3 points and move on. Thanks for those crucial first half saves Dani!!

Sultan, they hit the crossbar 3 times in the first half hour and Dani made two great saves. They should have been 2-0 at least at half time. They played in a solid formation, which was very difficult for us to break through. Our service to Gama and Guardado on the wings was ok, but when they got the ball, they were often marked by two players. They had a man sent off 5 minutes into the 2nd half and that took the sting out of their tail. Gradually, we launched attack after attack but I must be honest and say that it looked like one of those games where we just wouldn't score. A fortunate own goal sealed the victory. Very muted display and I hope we're not going to start suffering from vertigo.

Thanks for the answer ..

I hope we don't run out of this luck and you can't continue like this for 21 more games!

like I predicted in the summer, Dani is playing a major role in the promotion. From what I saw, the team needs better pivots and wingbacks!
Old 21-01-2012, 18:53   #5
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Not very good but.....3 points in the bag yet again and with Elche losing and Hercules drawing the gap could very well be extended and we'll be flying off into the distance
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:08   #6
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Probably our worst match at home this season, but fortunately we got the 3 points. We were lucky today. At least now we win even playing bad...
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:38   #7
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Three points is great, although the performance was below par. With Cartagena at home next weekend, the chance is there to cement the top spot and start putting a few points between direct promotion and the play off places.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 20:18   #8
Ralo

Peña Member

Ralo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll take 3 points any way we can get them. It's all about promotion; the more we solidify our position on top, the better!
Ralo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 20:23   #9
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
Probably our worst match at home this season, but fortunately we got the 3 points. We were lucky today. At least now we win even playing bad...

have you been?
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 20:39   #10
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
have you been?

Yes, although I arrived a few minutes late. I guess it wasn't the best match to see with a hangover. Yesterday I was celebrating with some mates from the job that we still working at least 1 month more. So this afternoon was suffering from headaches and boring game...

Btw, I'll be out till tomorrow night, so I won't be able to upload any highlights till then.

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 21-01-2012 at 20:42.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 20:54   #11
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

WIN....good game for the eyes they had 4-5 very good chances, in the 2nd half we had 10-15 chances and every time we missed something little to be a goal.... Yes the 1st half was the worst half at home, but 2nd half was pretty good - we created many many chances but we hadn't enough luck to score a goal
Old 21-01-2012, 21:24   #12
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Couldn't wake up for the game as I went two bed only two hours before the starting time (6:30 am) It seems like I didn't missed much
Old 21-01-2012, 22:05   #13
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Great
Any highlights
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 23:36   #14
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

After seeing the replay, I must say that our goal was valid. I actually thought Xisco was offside when Guardado made the cross to him, the one Lejeune pushed into his own net. After seeing it again though, Xisco was about 2 centimeters behind the ball when Guardado gave the pass.

And at the pass before that, the pass to Guardado, Xisco was in fact offside, but I don't think he was interfering with the play. The pass was made to Guardado not Xisco. The rules state that you're interfering with the play if you're intentionally obstructing the opponent's sight, which wasn't the case here, or that you are intentionally distracting an opponent, which wasn't the case either. Intentionally distracting a player is when you act as if you're going to touch the ball, and Xisco didn't do that. He just ran forward to get into position.

Last edited by deporiginal : 21-01-2012 at 23:38.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 01:54   #15
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
Great
Any highlights

u can find it hear

http://www.canalplus.es/lacasadelfut...liga-adelante/