Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 06-05-2012, 21:37   #1
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Liga | Depor 1 - Valladolid 1 | May 06 | Post-match comments

Is everyone too disappointed to create the post-match thread?

The result was fair, and I would've signed for 1-1 before the game started. Of course, if you concede after 93:19 minutes, it's gonna sting a little. Especially since those 4 minutes of extra time were absolutely ridiculous. But considering all of the important injuries and suspensions, I'd say we did fairly well, and this was actually a missed chance for Valladolid.

Anyway, we keep our 5 point advantage over Valladolid with 6 games remaining, so the draw isn't really that bad. Celta plays the remaining 30 minutes of their game at Cartagena this Tuesday, so hopefully Cartagena manages to get some points off of them. Though it seems highly likely Celta wil win, and that will get them level with Valladolid.

Next week we have a difficult away game at Numancia (they only lost three times at home so far), while Valladolid and Celta play at home against the numbers 4 and 5, Hercules and Alcorcon.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 21:46   #2
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Not that bad result we were playing with the second squad
The draw was fair result, but the goal in the last seconds heart a lot
Anyway we will win Segunda for sure!
The bad thing is the injury of Guradado :/
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 21:50   #3
depooor
Peņa Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

I have high hopes for Hercules ...cause they can tag along for the second place

and am really pissed off for two reasons proven myslef right for the first right

and for the seond time Zaragoza by chance add points
Old 06-05-2012, 22:07   #4
Bebeto 27
Peņa Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Hate losing points that way, but before the game I was hoping we could at least get a draw, so Im not all that pissed. Lets just hope they don't end up caching us at points because then first place would go to them.
Old 06-05-2012, 22:34   #5
caabrego
Administrator
Peņa Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Weird feelings.

Itīs always nasty to leak a late goal, but the point is perfect
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 23:30   #6
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Weird feelings.

Itīs always nasty to leak a late goal, but the point is perfect
Any news on Guardado's injury? We have a busy schedule coming up, and it would be really painful for us if we'll have to play without him.
Old 07-05-2012, 00:50   #7
caabrego
Administrator
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Any news on Guardado's injury? We have a busy schedule coming up, and it would be really painful for us if we'll have to play without him.
Oltra said after the game that "it wasn't an important injury"
Old 07-05-2012, 09:38   #8
Filip
Administrator
Peņa Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

4 minutes were indeed suspicious, especially since in first half NO extra time was added.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:43   #9
peterke2000
Peņa Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

it is hard to lose 2 points so late in the game but it was a fair score for the game.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:13   #10
Rack
Veteran
Peņa Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Really sickening end to the game. We had one hand on the automatic promotion and as always we are going to suffer just a little bit more. Borja was immense in defence and Lux was good but often scared me when the crosses flew in.

On the plus side, I watched the game in a local bar where the owner streamed the game live for us......in HD on a huge screen. The picture quality was awesome and he said he'd stream any Depor games we want in future. So, might not be around in the Minute-by-minute threads anymore.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:09   #11
LondonDeporHincha

LondonDeporHincha is off the scale

Am I the only one in thinking that they totally outplayed us? we were lucky to get the draw. How Valladolid didn't score more goals is dumbfounding. I was surprised that oltra made several defensive substitutions which just invited valladolid to keep on attacking. It almost reminded me of last season and Lotina's tactics.
Theres still a lot of league left and we now have to be stronger than ever. The makeshift team are to be commended as the players all played well. I just think tactically we played too defensive and didnt rattle their cages. My biggest concern was that we couldn't put 4 passes together without loosing the ball. If we do that in primera then we will be in big trouble.
Maybe it was Oltra's way of showing Lendoiro that we need to strengthen the squad for next season.
LondonDeporHincha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 14:08   #12
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonDeporHincha
Am I the only one in thinking that they totally outplayed us? we were lucky to get the draw. How Valladolid didn't score more goals is dumbfounding. I was surprised that oltra made several defensive substitutions which just invited valladolid to keep on attacking. It almost reminded me of last season and Lotina's tactics.
Theres still a lot of league left and we now have to be stronger than ever. The makeshift team are to be commended as the players all played well. I just think tactically we played too defensive and didnt rattle their cages. My biggest concern was that we couldn't put 4 passes together without loosing the ball. If we do that in primera then we will be in big trouble.
Maybe it was Oltra's way of showing Lendoiro that we need to strengthen the squad for next season.
I have to disagree about the subs. Xisco for Lassad, and Pablo Alvarez for Saul weren't defensive subs. Guardado asked for his own sub, and in all fairness to Oltra, Ayoze was the only logical choice at that point.

I think we all knew Valladolid would be having the ball. It was clear that some of our players are having problems physically. I hope we settle everything as soon as possible, because players like Alex and Valeron are clearly really tired.
Old 07-05-2012, 16:24   #13
Rack
Veteran
Peņa Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

61% ball possession for Valladolid in the Riazor is a damning statistic. Injuries and fatigue are valid excuses, but in the second and third lines, we only missed Gama as a starter. Alex, JD, Guardado, Valeron and Lassad can all be considered as regular starters and really should have had the capabilities of keeping the ball possession stats closer to 50/50. We just didn't click yesterday and a big factor was defending too deep for most of the game. But, in the short-term, a point (playing in third gear) is acceptable. However, in the longer term (n Primera) it's definitely a worry. That's an conversation for the summer months though.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 16:43   #14
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
61% ball possession for Valladolid in the Riazor is a damning statistic. Injuries and fatigue are valid excuses, but in the second and third lines, we only missed Gama as a starter. Alex, JD, Guardado, Valeron and Lassad can all be considered as regular starters and really should have had the capabilities of keeping the ball possession stats closer to 50/50. We just didn't click yesterday and a big factor was defending too deep for most of the game. But, in the short-term, a point (playing in third gear) is acceptable. However, in the longer term (n Primera) it's definitely a worry. That's an conversation for the summer months though.
True, but Alex and Valeron really seem exhausted. Even Guardado isn't at the top fysically, at the moment. It's unfortunate that Borja is suspended, cause I'd give Alex a rest at Numancia.

In a way it's understandable. We just played Celta, Elche, Almeria and Valladolid in a row, at the end of the season. These are stressful games, where the players had to run a lot more than usual. We can't rest just yet though, the next 2 games are key. I'm hoping Celta and Valladolid will drop at least 2 points in the next two matchdays. And let's hope Cartagena manages to get Celta away from their goal tomorrow. Having a 7 point cushion for some reason seems huge, in contrast to a 5 point cushion.
Old 07-05-2012, 17:28   #15
caabrego
Administrator
Peņa Member

Dd anyone saw Lassad vomiting?
I read he was throwing out everything in the first half