Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 20-05-2012, 21:18   #1
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road
Default Liga | Xerex v Depor | May 20 | Post match comments

The cork is back in the champagne bottle..........
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 21:54   #2
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I would've been happy with 3 out of 6 against Xerez and Nastic... So I guess that means we'll have to beat Nastic.

I really want this to be done by the time we play Villarreal B. Those guys are relegated, but they'll be the most motivated squad we could play on that last matchday. They know Roig will be in the stands watching them, and they know that if they play well enough, they'll get a chance with the first team of Villarreal next year.

We need to beat Tarragona in three days, it's as simple as that. If not, we're in serious trouble.

About this game, I think we had worse away games offensively. It's our defense that was terrible today. Ze Castro, Colotto and Laure were all extremely poor. I think Oltra subbed Guardado mainly because he already has 4 yellow cards, by the way, and he almost took his fifth at one point.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 22:04   #3
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I pretty much agree with that. We weren't exceptional going forward but we weren't that bad either. Ayoze didn't do too badly today and Ze Castro did alright individually with some great blocks during the game but as a defensive unit, it looked like we had never played together before and we looked shocking. Xerez's final ball was often extremely poor and their finishing wasnt that great either but they still scored 3 times.
So dissapointed with that performance and I really hope we can raise our game for the last 3 games or what looked like a formality will suddenly become a huge banana skin.

Nastic were relegated today but as I mentioned in the Min by Min thread, we can't expect them to roll over and die because everyone raises their game against Depor, as we're the big boys of the division and they all want to be David to our Goliath.
I hope we don't take anything for granted.
Old 20-05-2012, 22:26   #4
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Is it just me, or does Dani look suspect lately. I'm not blaming him for tonight, but well, he just seems "off".

Alex looks knackered and JD was playing far too advanced, thus leaving our midfield like a Swiss cheese. I hate to suggest it but I think a trivote with Borja for the next game might be wise, with Valeron coming on if need be in the second half. Or would that send out all the wrong signals?

Squeaky bum time now for sure.
Old 20-05-2012, 22:32   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Is it just me, or does Dani look suspect lately. I'm not blaming him for tonight, but well, he just seems "off".

Alex looks knackered and JD was playing far too advanced, thus leaving our midfield like a Swiss cheese. I hate to suggest it but I think a trivote with Borja for the next game might be wise, with Valeron coming on if need be in the second half. Or would that send out all the wrong signals?

Squeaky bum time now for sure.
Valeron looked fine to me today, to be honest. He could be important at Nastic. I agree with you about Alex though. I've been thinking he looks tired for over a month now. I'd like to see Borja starting in Tarragona.

I hope Ayoze keeps up the good work as well.
Old 20-05-2012, 22:36   #6
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Agree that JCV was ok. Just wondering if keeping it tight for the first half of the Nastic game would be the right way to go? On the other hand, maybe a fired up Valeron would kick us into an early two-goal lead, which we could then defend? Oltra has a big decision to make with his selection.
Old 20-05-2012, 22:40   #7
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

New terrible game on the road
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 22:43   #8
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Agree that JCV was ok. Just wondering if keeping it tight for the first half of the Nastic game would be the right way to go? On the other hand, maybe a fired up Valeron would kick us into an early two-goal lead, which we could then defend? Oltra has a big decision to make with his selection.
I don't think keeping it tight in the first half is a good idea. Depor always has trouble playing away from home, and our defense rarely looks good in these occasions.

As long as we score more goals than Nastic does, we'll win. Conceding once isn't a problem if we score two. But if we set out to try and get a 0-1, then I don't see it ending well. This season, in every single away game we have taken the lead, we won. In every single away game we conceded first, we lost. We should keep that in mind.

In fact, I wouldn't mind starting with both Riki and Lassad on the pitch. Nastic's tactical plan would be messed up if we surprise them like that, and with all due respect for Nastic, there's a reason they're in the last place. I'm not saying it will be an easy game, I'm saying that we're quite simply the better team and we shouldn't be afraid of them. If we manage to score an early goal, I don't see them coming back the way Xerez did today.
Old 21-05-2012, 01:17   #9
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

conceding 3 goals is not acceptable at all...!! & another free kick...!! they had many chances.. we could allow many other goals

we shouldn't be relaxed at all... Celta & Valladolid are winning every game
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2012, 05:57   #10
MolinaFan
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

MolinaFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Cannot realize how come Oltra benched German Lux in such a crucial game? Aranzubia has not been playing for a few weeks which must have affected his current shape.
Old 21-05-2012, 10:03   #11
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Here are my thoughts:
1) Lux should have played, Dani has been off form of late, probably due to injury.
2) Alex B is understandably tired having played every game this season, Borja should have played this one, or come on as a sub.
3) JuanDo has been playing very well recently and almost scored to make it 3-3, however I felt he played a bit to offensive, which in turn left big gaps in the midfield.
4) Colotto needs to come out of the box a bit more often to clear balls, tackle and link play with midfield. The opposition are getting into our penalty area far to easily.
5) Laure far to gung ho, which puts our defence in danger every time we lose the ball.
6) Lassad needs to be offered a new contract, we cant afford to let him go on a free transfer.
7) Xerez had less possesion than us, but still tried to attack at every opportunity, we need to be more compact and tighter as a unit, otherwise we will continue to concede.
Old 21-05-2012, 10:19   #12
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Highlights:

http://www.canalplus.es/play/video.h...lucanftb_2.Ves
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 07:08   #13
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

We looked very tired which isn't surprising considering the amount of fixtures in this league and the lack of rotation throughout the season. Should have at least got a point though with our last 5 minutes onslaught.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 20:36   #14
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

A poor game by the team, in which I thought our passing was very sloppy. A repeat performance in Tarragona will mean we will need 3 points at Villarreal to get promoted IMO.

Great support from the fans at the stadium.

Last edited by Diligent : 22-05-2012 at 20:55.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 21:23   #15
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome back Miles

That is all?

From where do you think all these fans arrived? It's impressive for people travelling two days for the game from Coruna, but do you think most were from Andalucia?

How was it with the Xerez fans, inside stadium, outside in the pubs, etc?
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote