Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 01-09-2012, 22:06   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA: 01-09-2012 | Depor 1 - Getafe 1 | 20h00 | post match

1-0: (6’) Riki
1-1: (25’) Barrada

Happy to see Depor undefeated, but I have the feeling that we could have won the game.
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 22:09   #2
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Mortenlj is an unknown quantity at this point

I only managed to see the second half. We definitely had our chances, but in the end a draw seemed ok. Pizzi looked dangerous.

Three games, five points and undefeated - it's all right.

Onwards and upwards...!
Old 01-09-2012, 22:22   #3
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

The goals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XMtWndAy9w
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 22:33   #4
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm disappointed, to be honest. Looking at our upcoming six games (Real Madrid, Barca, Celta, Sevilla and away games at Granada and Rayo), I think we'll be kicking ourselves for losing points here. It's not that we were so much better than them, but I do believe the points were there for the taking.

Manuel Pablo really annoyed me today. He looked pretty slow in defense and offers zero in attack. In the last minute of the game we had so many men forward, and the only thing he does is release a terrible cross that easily got blocked and could've lead to a dangerous counter.

Riki is in good form, but the problem is that he tends to get overconfident. He started the game well, scored a great goal and had another chance after an excellent dribble. But that's pretty much it. Aside from the opening twenty minutes a pretty poor game by him, especially when he starts shooting hopeless shots from 40 meters out. And honestly, his miss in the second half was terrible. It was so easy to go around the keeper and put it in an empty net, but he seemed to doubt and tried a semi-shot. The guy is shockingly dreadful in one-on-one situations. Whenever he has time to think, he chokes. I'm 100% sure that Nelson would've easily scored from that.

Also, Valeron is more important than I think. We were lost in attack as soon as he went off.

Evaldo's wing is a highway, and Aythami is just one of the worst central defenders I've ever seen. Not even good enough for Segunda. I'd swap out three of our four defenders for next game, problem is that I can see Oltra repeating the line-up until one of them gets injured or suspended, like last year. Here's hoping Tiago Pinto is a decent player.

Last edited by deporiginal : 01-09-2012 at 22:36.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 22:38   #5
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

1-1 at home vs getafe back whit the feet on the ground perhaps? Anyway i missed the game.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 22:45   #6
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Disappointed!! We should have won! Anyways 5/9 and undefeated isnt that bad either.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 22:45   #7
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

We played something like 20 good minutes in the first half and 15 in the second. Still, I loved the way we were attacking, Pizzi is just magnificent. Riki is in form, but unfortunately "in form" as for him means - take advantage of 1 chance in game out of 10. I also liked the way Marchena was playing. Evaldo was just terrible, I can't understand why is Oltra keeping him in the starting eleven, this guy is just weak, I'd rather put MP on the left and Laure on the right side.

Valeron played one more great game, but let's face the truth - he won't play for ever, it's most likely his last season in the career, maybe he is going to agree for one more, but nothing more. If we don't find someone to cover the hole after him we will be done.

Aranzubia was a little bit nervous today IMO, luckily he was good enough to make up for all his mistakes.

All in all I'm satisfied with what we have reached so far but having in mind what we're going to face in the coming 1,5 month I have to say that next game in Granada is a must win.
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 00:56   #8
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
already deleted

highlights guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodpypWSoM4

Last edited by deporik : 02-09-2012 at 08:15.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:34   #9
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

so far this Depor is promising but there is a lot of stuff to correct.. i didn't like us after our goal i was counting minutes... seeing Getafe scoring..!!

sometimes we wait so much to make the right pass we should build the attack more quikly...

Manny had huge troubles controlling the ball at the end & Lafita b4 he went out injured... i hope Laure & Ze Castro will be back to starting eleven in the next game..

Evaldo was ok a part of that penalty over P.Leon that the Ref didn't whistle
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:46   #10
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

I hope Oltra doesn't keep his policy of not changing the formation unless someone is injured or discarded!!

I just watched the reply of the game to focus on what the players are doing.

The defense need to sit on the bench except Marchena. We have handicapped wings because of the left and right backs.

And also Riki and Camunas were killing every attack and every chance!!

We can really have an excellent team if Oltra made some changes!!

My formation would be:

Dani

Laure Marchena Ze castro ( or Miranda ) Pinto
Aguilar Dominguez
Salamao Pizzi Gama
Oliveira ( or the new striker )

in the second half I will put Valeron in and in case we're winning and afraid to receive a goal I would put Andre Santos instead of Salamao

Edit: to add, God bless whoever brough Pizzi, Aguilar and Marchena!

Last edited by Sultan : 02-09-2012 at 09:55.
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:55   #11
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and say we don't have issues to sort out. But we took a point against a direct rival and we remain undefeated. More importantly for me, Oltra is sticking to his attacking philosophy and that's the most pleasing thing of all. He makes brave substitutions and goes for wins and the 3 points. That is refreshing for all Depor fans.

I wasn't a fan of Marchena's signing but I'll say one thing about him - if in 10 games he doesn't make a better player of Aythami, then no-one will. I'd say Marchena will be furious at him that they both went for the same challenge in centre field that led to their goal. If Aythami doesn't learn from Marchena's experience, he'll be shipped out in one of the next two transfer windows.

Imo, Manny P did a fair job defensively and Riki, apart from his goal won a lot of ball at his feet and laid off some nice simple passes.

I predict that this Depor will take a surprising amount of points from our direct rivals away from the Riazor if we continue with this mentality. This season is already exciting and who could ask for more? Thrilled with the way we're playing and once we straighten out the defence a little and our new team is given time to gel together, I think we'll cause quite a few upsets this year. Roll on Depor!!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:42   #12
hf_sqak
Beginner

hf_sqak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hf_sqak

we can't win but we deserve to win

Manuel pablo
Why his run so slow, Getafe winger always attacked from his teritorry.

I saw riki get pass and dribling arround but he can't escape from Moya
Moya plays good i think

Getafe's defence also great

i hope we can win when we go to Granada CF
Old 02-09-2012, 13:29   #13
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

disappointed

Abel was much sharper with passes which is pleasing. finally santos gets some minutes, look a lil rusty. need to see alex now too. we need the whole squad match ready. Irrueta used to rotate so so well.

someone talked about riki getting overconfident and doing garbage after he scores a good goal and i completely agree.

we need a dedicated replacement for valeron. everyone seems to be rotating in midfield once he's gone and it looks messy.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 14:09   #14
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop

we need a dedicated replacement for valeron. everyone seems to be rotating in midfield once he's gone and it looks messy.

I think Pizzi is the best candidate but I hope Valeron comes in the second half, he can do magic then. At the first half the opponents are too hard on him, maybe when they're a little tired he can do much better.
Old 02-09-2012, 22:29   #15
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Thanks to the Betis vs. Atletico game being suspended we remain in the European Cups zone for the break. What is more we have second best attack in La Liga and these 6 goals we have scored are almost 20% of what we have scored during the whole 2010/11 (31). Definitely not a bad start, if our defensive line was just a little bit better we would have been on the top right now. Still after years of having average/good defence and very weak attack I prefer good/average attack and weak defence
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote