Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 24-09-2012, 22:26   #1
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road
Default LIGA: 24-09-2012 | Depor 0 - Sevilla 2 | post match

First home defeat in over a year. We just didn't come out of the dressing room in the second half. Sevilla's pace on the counter attack killed us. Let's hope we can bounce back very soon.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 22:34   #2
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

the defensive line needs to be changed, they all need to sit on the bench except for Marchena! Almost all the goals conceived this season were counter attacks or intecepted balls! what a bunch of turtles!

You got 3 old guys, and Aythami who gets his picture taken next to every player scoring against us!
Old 24-09-2012, 22:35   #3
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

give other players a chance!!!!

camunas got 30 minutes in almost every game and showed nothing. Aythami two mistakes per game and KEY mistakes!!!

Same as last season oltra is talking so long to make changes. the season is long and im not privy to the training sessions so I hope he knows what he's doing.

I would think you'd wanna get most ur players with minutes as early as possible. Roderick is absent, santos gets 5 minutes. Alex gets 5 minutes in ONE game after playing well the every single game last season! meanwhile camunas not really doing much of anything, theres no organisation when he is there instead of valeron.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 00:34   #4
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

if we still have Colotto...!!! this Aythami is killing me he's like doing ok 4 most of the time then he do this mistake that cost u the game...!!

we are now in primera which is different from segunda it's not easy to score that amount of goals we did last year...!! Oltra should change Aythami, this guy is not good 4 segunda maybe we should release him or loan him to Tercera

this days i hate when we have corners, its like u'll know that we will have a very dangerous counter attack after...!!! Oltra should notice that

our wings were not good enough today.
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 03:43   #5
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Nobody comment the poor game of Juan Dominguez? he can't play alongside Abel Aguilar. We need a more defensive guy for these matches (Álex & André)
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 07:31   #6
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Defensive line looked OK for most of the time. But again in key moments it feel apart. Again almost all the danger came from the right wing. Yes Navas and Cicinho are good but all our opponents are exploiting our LB all the time.

Evaldo had probably his best game in Depor shirt, Pizzi and Aguilar helped out, but again the key play was Navas - Cicinho - cross and Negredo - goal. Evaldo lost the duel, Aythami was too late. Marchena was good but made a mistake that led to the second goal, MP was one of the best, but he just can not play all the games. Oltra do something in the defense, please, don't be stuburn and continue with the no - rotations policy

Attacking end wasn't as good as before - Pizzi and especially Gama made a lot of mistakes, again the opponent was very good, but I got a feeling that they weren't in great shape as well. And Camunas is no alternative, we should use Salomao. Riki shouldn't be a starter in this game, he played with a bit of fear and again didn't concrete his chances. The starter should be Nelson, who played better then Riki when he got his chance.

Overall I blame Oltra for this defeat, tactics and stubberness. Nothing tragic, but we lost quite a few points already on similar account.
Old 25-09-2012, 09:33   #7
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Let’s remember that we all really enjoyed the first half performance. The defensive line was solid because the pivotes and the wingers were spending a lot of time helping out and so we shouldn't blame them too much for lacking a little bit of punch going forward. At the start of the second half we went all out attack to score the first goal and left huge gaps and too much space between the defensive line and the midfield. This is suicide for an ageing backline.

Carlos is spot on – the midfield duo of Aguilar and JD is not working well (yet) and I’d take JD out for a while. Evaldo, Aythami and Manny P are all living on borrowed time and will be rotated soon. Agree that Oliveira should also have started ahead of Riki. Also agree that Camunas is very unimpressive so far.

But, having said all that, I really enjoyed the game. It’s exciting stuff we’re playing and long may it continue. The thing is, we don't fear anybody and that’s refreshing. With a few personnel changes and maintaining this attacking attitude, I think we’ll be ok. Not every team is as pacey as Sevilla, so let’s not fret too much. The Riazor streak had to end soon. Better that it was against a team like Sevilla, than another like Espanyol or Betis.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 11:09   #8
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Conclusions on last nights game from what I saw and in my opinion.
Evaldo is an average left back and no more, Aythami playes well for periods but will always let you down, Marchena is slow but from what I have seen he has to play.M.Pablo is getting to the end of his playing days.Pizzi and Bruno Gama are very lightweight Abel Aguilar is the best CM we have.Juan Dominguez is a backward or sideways passing turtle my mum could run faster than him, 2nd half he disappeared from the middle and that is why there were massive gaps there. JD and Valeron cannot play in the same team it means we lack loads of pace in the middle. Riki well I like him but didn't really do anything.
I think that at the moment our league position isn't going to be decided in what we do v Sevilla or barca or r.Madrid or Atletico, but what we do v the others and we are good enough to beat most of those.

If everyone fit I would play
Aranzubia
Laure, Marchena, Ze Castro, Pinto/ayoze/evaldo (no idea)
Gama, Aguilar, santos or Alex, Pizzi or Camuñas
Riki, Oliveira

Last edited by Feliuk : 25-09-2012 at 11:13.
Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 11:50   #9
Lulu
Peña Member

Lulu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lulu

I missed the match , but Depor need to change Aythami , evaldo , MP and JD .
We want to see a different faces , we want to see more effective playing .

I wish if I see this line -up

Aranzubia

Laure - Ze castro - Marchena - Tiago
Santos-Aguilar
Gama-Valeron-Pizzi
Olievera
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 12:50   #10
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are you all so negative and especially drastic?

Is there any good reason to be this negative when we played an excellent and entertaining game where we simply lost an equal game to a quality team? remember the games from the year before last year and even the first games from last year? The games so far made me proud of being a Deportivo fan and Deportivos start of the season was much better than I expected after a really poor preseason.

Some of the players that are not playing where injured and only included in the team recently. The coach will decide when they are ready from what he sees at training session and non of you are watching this. Every coach out there know that if you change 5-6 players at the same time then you will destroy alot of the things that has been builed up. So he should nice and easy just shift one or two players for each game and this I am sure he will do.

Laure will eventually be the starting RB because he is a quality player but so far Manuel Pablo have played excellent these first games of the season. We know from earlier years that his level will drop eventually if he plays too many games but do not make conclusion based on a game like last night that he is too old... If we were to make conclusions on last night then MP will be playing on the national team instead of Arbeloa.

I agree on the comments about Aythami espcially the ones that are wise enough to see that he in most situations play well but that he for some reason also makes some huge mistakes. Ze castro will play when he has gained som shape and fittness. The worst thing Oltra can do is to play with Ze Castro before he is completly ready because then he might be forced to shift back in the next game and then we are in an even worse situation than before. And maybe you all forgotten how weak Ze Castro is mentally...

About JD then he has nok looked good so far in the season but hopefully he and Aguilar will improove together for each game they play. Having JD on the field is important especially for controlling the ball.

Evaldo started out really bad but he has actually improved and yesterday he played fairly good especially considering how much each of you were affraid before the game. I have never seen Pinto play so if he is better or not I have no clue but I know that his chances of succes is significantly higher from spending some weeks training with the other guys.

My thoughts on some aspects hope you can follow most of the arguments.
Old 25-09-2012, 12:53   #11
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought we did very well against a good top 4-5 Spanish Team.
Considering our team is made up of loanees and about six players over 30, we did ourselves proud.
We are missing Ze Castro badly, and perhaps Oliviera should have started yesterday. Its a shame Juan Carlos is not available as a sub replacement for Valeron or JuanDo.
We still have players like Alex B, Solomao, Laure, Camunas and Andre Santos who will show their worth throughout the season - So lets be positive.
Old 25-09-2012, 13:50   #12
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Caabrego i really didnt look at JD too much defensively but he holds the ball wall and links with valeron well offensively.

its what ive been saying, JD holds well going forward but santos seems to like to pass from deeper, so different play styles.

couple games ago i would have benched aguilar but he is doing quite well now IMO

and to be honest i dont think laure is better than MannyP at all. MP has been pretty solid but i doubt he can endure the entire season, or the high pace games.

and what about the new left back??? jeez and Roderick!! i may sound like a stuck record lol
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 16:33   #13
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

we need Salomao in on the left and Pizzi to the center ,,,valeron should be seated !!

Ze castro in and also Laure

Abel and Alex not Dominquez
Old 25-09-2012, 16:55   #14
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djalminha
Why are you all so negative and especially drastic?

Is there any good reason to be this negative when we played an excellent and entertaining game where we simply lost an equal game to a quality team? remember the games from the year before last year and even the first games from last year?
What I am a little afraid of, that we are gonna lose a lot of points with wonderful, but careless football of our loaned players.
Old 25-09-2012, 17:22   #15
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

We had a solid first half, it was Valeron's half. But the second half we opened the field trying to score and this showed us all of our weaknesses. Aythami is not consistent during the same game, a minute he is up and the other he is down. He cost us some points alone. The defense is old and slow, that's a fact. Every counter attack against us is almost a goal. This has to change. Now we all know that the team this season is better than the last couple of seasons but this doesn't mean we should be happy of being defeated when we all know we could have won the game even against Sevilla.

I see some of the fans are hopeless about this team and think it's a good enough achievement to keep up with Sevilla. I say **** Sevilla, they're not really a top team, they finished 9th last season!

And yes there should be changes made, in the defensive line that is obviously not working, even though some of them have done well during some minutes of the game, but if they can't give 90 minutes then to hell with them!!

And Riki is getting on my nerves every game, but some of you guys are happy that he is scoring 1 out of 10 attacks and kill the other 9 for us!!

The whole discussion is a matter of standards and aspirations!

I see unleashed potential for this team, I see a coach who's not so tactical in his game! The positive thing about him is the courage to go all attack ( unlike Lotina ) but that's a negative for us considering how slow the defense is!