Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 01-11-2012, 23:06   #1
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COPA: 01-11-2012 | Depor v Mallorca 1-1 | Post Match Comments

Were only able to cast a fleeing eye towards the game, so cant really comment on it, other than that it does feel we are due a win soon.
Old 01-11-2012, 23:09   #2
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

pinto is clearly better than the other options on his position, and i'd like to add that he has potential to become something... But not at us, since he isnt ours... I guess he didnt come with some reasonable buy-out?
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 23:09   #3
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road
Default COPA: 01-11-2012 | Depor v Mallorca 1-1 | Post Match Comments

Golazo from Manny P.
Poor defending from the corner for the equaliser
Good displays from Pinto, Roderick, Camunas and Lux
Poor showings by Oliveira and Gama
Crazy substitution by Oltra before the equaliser

Plenty of talking points and rifts beginning to appear with some players and the coach. BUT..........Mallorca are beatable and we must be positive and grab all 3 points in the Liga clash at the weekend.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 23:11   #4
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

We have a problem creating scoring chances, this is really obvious! Almost all the goals scored for us were the product of luck or individual efforts! I would love to understand Oltras attack build up one day soon!

Other than that, Pinto should be the starting left back in the league!
Old 01-11-2012, 23:11   #5
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Sorry Fabian, can you bring my post over to this thread and close off the duplicate I created. Thanks.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 23:14   #6
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

u mean poor showing from oliveira and gama AGAIN

i dont think it was a bad sub although saul clearly wanted the full 90. i think he wanted to try marchena in defensive midfield and santos further advanced, but i would have sacrificed gama for it cuz he continues to be dull.

pinto, santos, roderick look good
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 23:25   #7
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Sorry Fabian, can you bring my post over to this thread and close off the duplicate I created. Thanks.

No problem, in mod world we call it "merging threads" and it's every bit as spectacular as it sounds.
Old 01-11-2012, 23:49   #8
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

The greatest thing about today's performance is that it was demonstrated that we do have some depth after all. Hope Oltra knows how to use it!

Roderick, Pinto and Saul all have shown they have the quality to be part of the first team (specially when their first team counterparts have been so uninspiring lately). Please Oltra, these guys deserve their chance to prove themselves.

BTW, real nice to see Manny scoring, and what a nice goal it was!
Old 02-11-2012, 00:05   #9
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

overall the game was slow and boring

our defense was good and solid except the goal from the corner kick

incredible goal from manny
camunas has a big wish to play but he is not good enough and sharp..
saul is very bad with the the fouls..
gama was good in the 2nd half and hope he will recover his best form
nelson was inactive, slow, unconvinced...

pinto definitely is far better than both ayoze and evaldo...he is good at defense and he makes good crosses in attack...give him more chances oltra
Old 02-11-2012, 02:02   #10
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Manuel Pablo's bomb
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos...lo-v-mallorca/
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:10   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I stand by my opinion that the system is flawed. There's no fluidity in our attacks. We're completely disjointed.

It's easy to criticise Nelson and Bruno, but it's even easier to criticise Oltra, so let's do that

Nelson needs to play in a system with two strikers. They should've known that when they got him. Now we just have another hugely talented player going to waste because he's thrown into a system that doesn't fit his style. If Oltra knew he was going to keep playing with 1 striker, then why the frak did we sign him? Interestingly, Riki is another striker who players much better alongside someone else. Is it really that hard to put two and two together?

What does Oltra do though? He puts Marchena on midfield, while we already have 4 (yes, FOUR) perfectly qualified players for that position, and Marchena is needed in defense anyway. What the hell was he trying to do here? The fact that he takes off Saul is a joke. He was a lot more active than Gama, he needed this game for his confidence, and then he gets taken off very early. Of course, we concede the goal, and then we're stuck with 5 defenders on the pitch. Amateur move.

I complained about the fact that we're playing much too wide since last year. In Segunda we had talent enough to still score goals, but it's not the same at Primera. We need to be much more compact and efficient. Gama and Saul get the ball on the sidelines, then he has one player in the center 20 meters further, and another player on the far wing. By the time we get an attack going they have 6 men in the box versus Nelson. What the hell do you expect Nelson to do? What other choices do Saul and Gama have than to try to desperately cut inside? It's utter chaos when we attack.

Oltra's reaction after the game? "Mallorca is a great rival". Yes, you said the same about Getafe, about Rayo, about Granada. Everyone is great, we get it.

We're starting to see some cracks in the relationship between Oltra and some players as well, that just goes to show you that all is not well. Lendoiro should not hesitate to take measures if we don't get the win in the next two games. 9 friggin' games without a win, you can't just blame that on "great" rivals anymore. Barca and Madrid are great rivals, but Rayo? Seriously? These are the teams we need to beat, yet they humiliated us in that first half.

This is just a Cup game, it's not important. But it's still an attractive tournament for small teams. And the signs we saw in this game, weren't positive at all. We can talk about it until the cows come home, but Depor is playing like a relegation side right now. We need improvements now, before it's too late.

I hope Lendoiro is already keeping an eye out for a coach. I read Manzano is without a club right now.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:21   #12
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
It's utter chaos when we attack.

this is a very important statement! We are blaming Valeron, Gama, Pizzi, Riki for the dysfunctional attack but now it's the same story with different players!

You just don't understand whats going on when we attack! They all seem in a rush to make a cross to nobody! Or dribbling until they lose the ball! I actually got a real headache trying to understand what Oltra told them to do! It's true, I took Panadol!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:15   #13
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Oltra's pick of players was bad again.Picking 3 defenders out of 6 outfielder subs is stupid. Why not include alex instead of evaldo/seoane? That's why he had to put Marchena on DM, as he had none left on the bench. I agree with him not to use Valeron for this game, but why was he picked for the bench?

I thought Marchena did very well on the DM, he played there in Valencia as well, and played well. Why was Saul the one leaving the pitch instead of Gama?

Nelson was poor, but I agree, he had little support. Camunas was active, but didn't impress with anything, I liked how Santos was playing. Saul can be a substitute. Looking at the defense Roderick impressed me, he shoulod at least be used as our 3 CB, and when Ze gets injured he should be the choice. I don't really agree with you about Pinto, he didn't impress me. His passing was poor, but his positioning is much better, though at the defensive tasks I was afraid when he was 1 on 1. Attack wise, he was active but was lacking creativity (though this goes the same for all the players). He was mediocare, but looking at other options he is at least about the same level.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:31   #14
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Tiago Pinto was pretty good, he played very well with the ball and he made good crossings. Until now we doesn't know how he play, now we now and it's normal to expect to see him starter in next game.Bad sub, Saul looks like so disappointed he deserved more a lot of players deserve more..game after game the mistakes are the same and squad is the same too it's not correct, that's why u have big squad, to fix the things, Oltra doesn't do this.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:45   #15
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Venue: Riazor (17,000)
Is this true ???!!!!!
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote