Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 23-02-2013, 22:11   #1
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road
Default LIGA: 23-02-2013 | Depor v Real Madrid 1-2 | Post Match Comments

Great first half ..

If it weren't for the changes of Real putting in Ronaldo, Ozil and Khedira , we could've won ..

It was almost 3-0 in the first half but things have changed in the second half ..

I'm in for benching Bruno Gama and this is our best line up since the beginning of the season!
Old 23-02-2013, 22:12   #2
baKe
Almost Regular

baKe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to baKe

Bruno Gama awful, Pizzi our best player
Valeron can't stand more than 60 minutes
what happend to Silvio?
baKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 22:14   #3
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

How Bruno Gama can be called "awful" today is absolutely beyond me.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 22:16   #4
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Also Valeron showed how important he is, he was everywhere and looked younger ..

Burno Gama pissed all over the efforts of his teammates every time!

Riki has been brilliant lately and congrats for him on reaching his 10 goal target!

This line up is really different and is really good especially when Laure is back next week..

This game has actually made me hopeful!
Old 23-02-2013, 22:18   #5
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
How Bruno Gama can be called "awful" today is absolutely beyond me.

he lost the ball ever time and always been confused .. not to mention the counter attack on the right side when he slowed the ball instead of passing it to Pizzi who was running on the left side!
Old 23-02-2013, 22:23   #6
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Brave effort by Deportivo today.

I've gotta say Im not all that disappointed, after we missed all those chances in the first half I just knew we weren't gonna be able to hold on. The reason Im not mad is because those missed chances were more merit from madrid than a failure from Depor.

This has been our best performance of the season, even second half (in which we were almost decent in defence). Things are looking a bit brighter now IMO, if we keep the same spirit we showed today for the rest of the season, there's still a chance we won't get relegated (a very small chance though).
Old 23-02-2013, 22:24   #7
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Besides the 2 forced subs the 3rd sub should not have been Riki for Nelson. This sub just destroyed our attacking efforts. Regardless I'm very proud of how the team played since they really did give it their all and it showed the first half as well as the 2nd half. Alex B isnt a right back and you could see him really shifting more to the middle giving Ronaldo 2 much space but when he was on the right he really did give Ronaldo work and a foul.

The ref in the middle was the most fair ref I have seen in Spain in ages. 2 Handballs in the box and a lot of rough plays not called because they really weren't anything.

The reason I disliked Bruno Gama was because of his Selfishness the entire game he would just hold the ball and dive to the floor and it really got tiring to watch especially against a team like Real Madrid where your most likely not going to get the call.

Riki was amazing and really played his heart out this game. He showed us a player we wanted when we signed him.

Valeron also showed why he should never be on the bench.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 22:25   #8
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I did see Riki looking at the bench a few minutes before the substitution. I think he was pretty much dead at that point. He did disappear in his last ten minutes on the pitch, which is understandable after all the runs he made.

Anyway, next week we must beat Rayo. That way, the difference with the permanence will likely remain at 9 points after the Barca game (hopefully a bit less). After that, we've got 11 games left to try and pull off the miracle. We still play Zaragoza, Mallorca, Celta,... Why not?
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 22:33   #9
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

I almost forgot how it is to be excited watching Depor. It was a very good game. I expect the same commitment in the following games. If we are going down to segunda, at least let's do it with proud. Or maybe we will have some luck at last, who knows?
Old 23-02-2013, 22:34   #10
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Nobody can deny the amount of bad luck we had this season even in this game!
Old 23-02-2013, 23:13   #11
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Spechless
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 23:29   #12
Xanuco

Xanuco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebeto 27
Brave effort by Deportivo today.

This has been our best performance of the season, even second half (in which we were almost decent in defence). Things are looking a bit brighter now IMO, if we keep the same spirit we showed today for the rest of the season, there's still a chance we won't get relegated (a very small chance though).

Agreed. I only saw the second half but saw a different, motivated team that put a big scare into RM and Mou to the point that he brought in the A squad to take down Depor.

And I agree that Bruno Gama has to learn to pass much much more. Too many opportunities where a pass would have split the defense and led to one on one with the goalie for a Depor player.

But overall this game gives us some realistic hope. If they play like today against the "lesser" teams, 8 wins should be very achievable.
Old 24-02-2013, 00:09   #13
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Not agree with that u guys criticsm Gama. He played great today he did a lot of good runnings, they did against him 4-5 fouls maybe more, near to goalkeeper area. Can say that last two games for Gama are pretty good he did the right things, surely he will dribling more that's why he's a winger. About second half we played too scary, was clear that they will score too much defense in the second part. Riki showed to us again, that he's the leader this season only applause for him. Again we missed points just like the past games..good night
Old 24-02-2013, 02:24   #14
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

Gama can run and dribble... He needs to learn when to pass. Between that and the unfortunate forced subs. I really think Depor had a chance at winning this. I haven't watched the team much in the new year, but if they keep playing like this, I think there's at least a chance of staying out of segunda.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 11:24   #15
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Couldn't understand the Riki-Nelson substitution. But if Riki was injured, then that explains it. Praise the effort, but no points again.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote