Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 02-03-2013, 20:28   #1
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA: 02-03-2013 | Depor 0 - Rayo Vallecano 0 | Post-match comments

Well, this was pretty much our last chance, and we blew it. No passion at all in our game.

There isn't a lot more to say really...
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:39   #2
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

That wasn't our last chance...our chances were over anw.

But after those defeats we finally got a draw, this is sth...Now let's start preparing for the derby (while in the meantime send the c-squad at barca)
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 21:01   #3
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

I disagree. Had we won tonight, we would've narrowed the gap to 6 points. You never know what could happen then.
Old 02-03-2013, 21:21   #4
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Let's face it: we already are back at Segunda
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 21:26   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Where's hari to say something optimistic?
Old 02-03-2013, 21:36   #6
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Chances of staying up might still have been slim even if we had won but let's face it, they're a lot slimmer now. Rayo at home was a fixture we should definitely have been looking at for the full points.

The most disturbing thing for me is that for most of that game, we didn't look like a team that wanted to do whatever it had to, to avoid the drop. I just didn't see the passion, the will to win and the "roll up your sleeves" mentality needed in a relegation dogfight. Looks to me like some players are just going through the motions, especially in the 1st half.
We were better in the 2nd half but we could and probably should have been dead and buried by halftime but were left in with a chance because of some poor finishing by their strikers (mostly Lass Bangoura)
Old 02-03-2013, 22:30   #7
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

I remember Wigan what did last season in EPL. Zaragoza, Osasuna & Espanyol they did miracles to survive...

But i don't see this happen with this Depor...we played like we are in 10th place & we can't go to Europe.. there is no fighting spirit... Riki's injury was bad for our attack

lets prepare for next season... we need to start looking for players... in every position...
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 22:42   #8
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

The good news is that the Portuguese players will give 100% against R.madrid and Barca, so we should get a decent game out of them.
Its all good saying we should be beating a team like Rayo at home, but Rayo are a bloody good team, who could have beaten us 1-4 today!
All we can do is hope that Laure, Kaka, Marchena and Riki are ready for the Celta game. If we can get a draw at Barca, who have been struggling of late, and a win against Celta .. then its game on again.
Its not gonna be easy, but if we lose the next two games, its adios to Primera for us.
Old 02-03-2013, 22:47   #9
Xanuco

Xanuco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
That wasn't our last chance...our chances were over anw.

Now let's start preparing for the derby (while in the meantime send the c-squad at barca)

Agreed, let's bring in Luis Fernandez or a couple of the Fabril kids against Barca. Explain to them that after Barca, everyone else will be easy! Maybe they can shoot straight!

Last edited by Xanuco : 02-03-2013 at 23:41.
Xanuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 00:09   #10
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Iam just waiting for a win so I can go and look at the standings !!!!
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 00:29   #11
baKe
Almost Regular

baKe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to baKe

The great patience have you
baKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 00:59   #12
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
Iam just waiting for a win so I can go and look at the standings !!!!

In 2 weeks we play celta. Next week we play barca hopefully we get 1 point at camp nou since we've done it before.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:06   #13
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

We are going down to segunda again After such a great night with the awards...this result just kills the spirit.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 13:33   #14
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Didn't see the game, so I'll keep my comments brief.

1. Oliveira seems to be out of favour now. In any case, using Salomao before him yesterday will have upset him greatly and I don't expect any effort from him for the rest of the season. With Riki injured (and I mentioned this in the pre-game thread), we're screwed now in an attacking sense.
2. Surprised that he played Assuncao and Aguilar. I'd rather see us playing with Alex and JD from now on. They're Galician and proud. Plus, they're gonna be with us next season.
3. Although Vallecano are one of the top teams in La Liga in the possession stats, conceding 62% to them in the Riazor is suicide. More, it shows weakness and the frightened/negative mentality of the coach. This obviously filters down to the team and just when the battles cries need to echo loud and clear around the Riazor, we surrender the ball and whatever was left of our dignity.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 13:39   #15
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

It did seem to me like Fernando Vazquez gave Nelson a serious kick in his behind. When he come on yesterday, he did run a lot and actually chased the ball down for once. Should've come on a lot sooner imo, cause Salomao was completely lost going forward, and blew the one chance we got. Imo, it was crazy to play without striker for an entire hour when we had to win this game. Nelson should've come on at half-time, since we clearly were lacking men upfront.

No offense to Vazquez, but tactically this game was a disaster, considering the circumstances. First of all, as I said earlier, we were lost in attack without a striker. And second, our pressure-system was atrocious. We were camping in our own area for the entire game. This may be a valid tactic against Real Madrid, but against Rayo?? What was he thinking. There were times when Rayo passed the ball around for minutes in midfield without any of our players ever going forward to put pressure on them. This was a game where we had to show our character. Now we went down without ever showing our teeth.