Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 21-04-2013, 18:34   #1
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA: 21-04-2013 | Depor 1-1 Athletic | Post-Match Comments

Well, we managed to get a point against a very motivated Athlétic. They simply outclassed us. I was a little bit annoyed at the end though, as they were shaking in their boots after the red card, and we couldn't even get a single opportunity. Then the referee blew the whistle without offering any injury time at all.

But of course, we can already thank our lucky stars for getting a point here. Not that a point helps us that much, but because this point means we'll stay out of relegation. That's certainly a positive. Here's hoping for a Celta win tomorrow, or a draw.

Aythami once again costed us a goal, and possibly even the three points. In the first half he was all over the place. Kaka was reasonable, aside from that completely unnecessary and failed clearance halfway through the second half. There's also the fact that we were missing FV on the bench, making it hard to make adjustments during the game.

The biggest problem though, in my opinion, was the absence of Aguilar. Alex tried his best but he made a lot of wrong decisions, and was often in the wrong places. That's a nice way of saying he was awful today. Hopefully Aguilar is fully recovered next week, because he's vital for us.
Old 21-04-2013, 18:46   #2
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Bad game for us surely. We let Bilbao to play their own game, many passes and free spaces which almost cost game for us. We didn't pressing their players and they did a lot of problems to us. Nothing to say for our defense i don't know if Lorente is such a world class player to do what he wants with our defenders or it was just bad day for them. In the midfield we suffered a lot many times Alex B could continue the game in different ways but he always choosing to pass the ball back, therefore we weren't dangerous, hope so Aguilar will be Okey for the next game. Also Valeron's game not going well, one more key point for our bad game today. We should do much much more in attack especially i expected more from Riki and Pizzi but no one can perform at 100% every game. Tnx to Aranzubia and Gama we are still unbeaten 5 games in a row.
Old 21-04-2013, 19:16   #3
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Well, I couldn't watch the game, but this draw means we will have to suffer it till the end (which is way way better than being already relegated with 6 games to go). At least Granada couldn't win either, though I highly suspect those [CENSORED TO AVOID GETTING BANNED] of Celta will probably let Zaragoza to pass over them so we get relegated as well
Old 21-04-2013, 20:15   #4
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Kaka was reasonable, aside from that completely unnecessary and failed clearance halfway through the second half.
If you mean the overhead kick, I'm pretty sure that was Aythami too.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 20:23   #5
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo
If you mean the overhead kick, I'm pretty sure that was Aythami too.

It was Kaka he almost gave me heart attack

Awful Game, i'm very happy that we didn't lose after a very bad presentation.

Bielsa did his work very well, but i didn't like that we didn't send a 2nd striker after the red card. it was a coward decision from FV or his substitute.

Maybe we miss Aguilar but Marchena more
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 20:50   #6
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

We dont need to complain at all becaeus we coud easly lost the game as bilboa was all over us and we got lucky we score first becaeus we woud never take one back if they woud have scored first. A point at home doesnt help us muche in the relegation battel but it is better then nothing it is going to be a long season sthil.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 21:35   #7
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all we have to hold our hands up and say that Bilbao are a class side.
They keep the ball for long periods of time, chase hard when they dont have the ball and they have players with quality and grit. I was very impressed with Susaeta, the man of the match IMO.
Dani made a point blank stop which saved us, but I thought he was quite poor today, he flapped and missed about 3 crosses, which could have cost us.
I thought Kaka was the better centre back overall, even if he did make us panic with that scissor kick.
Pizzi and Gama were quite quiet today, which was a shame, not offering Valeron any outlets for passes.
Probably the biggest dissapointment for me was Riki. It was like the Riki of 3 years ago, full of running, but not lifting his head up when with the ball, not passing when running into a wall of players, falling over .. etc
On one ocassion he had Pizzi and Valeron in the box, but decided to be greedy and shoot, even though he had lost his balance .. frustrating!
Alex B didnt have the best game, but he still made some tackles and tried to drive us forward, so I respect him for that.

The positives are that we earned a point in a game where we could have lost 1-3. We will have Aguilar or Assuncao ready for the Betis game, Kaka performed well in Marchena's absence.
But for me the biggest positive was watching Juan Dominguez continue to grow. He has added intensity and defensive awareness to his game. I have never seen him being so physically involved in challenges, he guards the ball, distributes with ease and is running at the opposition with ball at feet, I am so impressed with how he has performed over the last 5 games, 5 games in which we havent lost.

Forza Depor!
Old 21-04-2013, 21:53   #8
Riazor
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

Riazor is on a distinguished road

I'll chime in with a little statement that will prove to be very true: every single point we gain will be golden. Even though we could be relegated, it may very well be that we escape the drop by a single point.

We haven't lost in quite a few games (5?) now, so let's continue this way
Riazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 23:36   #9
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

After the game FV brought up the very valid point that it wasn't possible for him to adjust things during the game. We were obviously not doing well, so not having your coach on the sidelines to correct things is very problematic. Glad he's back on the bench next week.
Old 21-04-2013, 23:42   #10
niklaso

niklaso is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to niklaso

not the best game but positive that we gained a point.

Bilbao controlled much of the game, maybe because valerons passing wasn't as good as usual and i also think it was because alex doesn't have the best passing qualitys. great to see gama with confidence, he is really beginning to create chances by himself and score a lot more, as i expected before the season started.

riki and pizzi were a dissapointment today but hopefully they will step up the game against betis
Old 22-04-2013, 00:06   #11
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

We got lucky. Athletic came out with a good game plan; they had a lot of energy, attacked through the wings and dragged our defense left and right. They marked Valeron to where he wasn't a factor at all. In retrospect, he would have been better as a substitute when there was more space between the lines. I didn't see Depor get into a a consistent rhythm for the whole game, and Athletic looked dangerous.

Let's hope we can add at least one point next week.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 00:34   #12
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Highlights:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz7...t#.UXRnL6JFV2A

We were so lucky today getting a point. The truth is that Atletic was much better, with more intensity and better chances, and deserved the victory more than us. We scored first, with an isolated play, but was Athletic who had the ball and the best chances since the begining, and we only could dominate the game a bit the last minutes, when they were with 10 men.

Mainly we missed a lot Marchena and Abel today. Aythami and Kaka were both very irregular. In defence of Aythami, must be said that in the 1st goal he was close to Llorente, but the basque was clever and pushed him just in the moment before the pass, so could get those 2 meters to head the ball to the net alone. And Kaka, what can I say about his mistake in the 2nd half, trying to do an unnecessary overhead kick in our area that failed and was an assist to Llorente. I still can't believe how that chance didn't end up in a goal, it was a miracle.

And also Alex was really awful today, his worst performance with us for sure. He put everything like always, but made a lot of mistakes in the pass, lost many balls in the midfield and wasn't good when defending either. He started the game with several clear mistakes that maybe provoked a lost of confidence. After it, he seemed nervous on the pitch and couldn't recover in the whole game. Only Juan Dominguez, who was fantastic again, maintained our midfield alive, because Valeron was a bit grey today too. FV was very right replacing him for Assunçao, which helped a lot to our midfield and gave more consistence to the team. We played a bit better the last minutes, although helped by the red card, of course.

This game reminded me the one against Rayo at Riazor, some weeks ago, that we also played horrible and were very lucky to get a point. Who knows, but maybe these points could be very importat to get finally the salvation. Now, I think that 3 wins should be enough, but we can not relax and must focus in getting those points as soon as possible. It would have been great to win today, because we would have more calm to face the hard 2 next games vs Betis and Atletico without looking to another results, but anyway, after 13 points of the last 15, we shouln't complain too much about our situation.

*Links for downloading the match:
http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthre...lbao-21-4-2013

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 22-04-2013 at 01:13.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 03:06   #13
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Bielsa is really crazy after he replaced Aduriz after just 13 minutes on the field
Old 22-04-2013, 05:18   #14
Lulu
Peña Member

Lulu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lulu

This match for forget . Kaka almost gave me heart attack >< thanks God that we didn't lose the match .. Depor must win against Betis
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 07:52   #15
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

It's hard to perform at 100% every game, it's human reaction for me when you won 4 straight games to relax just a little bit. Of course if you ask the playesr they will say that this is no true but this happening with everyone of us in our
life. The next 2 battles will be very very interesting, FV is back hope so Aguilar too. About Kaka i think he did good job yesterday. Maybe Ze could replace Aythami, for me there isn't too much difference between Ze and Aythami.