Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 29-04-2013, 23:20   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA: 29-04-2013 | Betis 1v1 Depor | Post-match Comments

Great start and we were the better team in the 1st. Riki scored a great goal on 7 mins but missed a couple of easier chances later on.
Some great possession football played at times but the lack of quality in defence (especially central defence) was there for everyone to see.

Betis started the 2nd half much stronger and Molina equalised on 49 mins. They dominated for a little while but once the pace slowed we got back into the game and were able to carve out a few chances of our own.

Always dissapointing to lose points when youve been winning but overall, I don't think a point away at Betis is a bad result. Let's just hope they do better against Celta and Zaragoza when they have to go there.

Aguilar and Aythami picked up yellow cards and will both miss next weeks game v A.Madrid, along with Silvio and Pizzi who can not play against them.
Old 29-04-2013, 23:29   #2
niklaso

niklaso is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to niklaso

Okay with a point. Depor have some passing qualities that aren't seen in the other relegation threatened clubs and when it floates it can give any team trouble.
Annoying to see riki keep on missing One on one but great goal.
The team worked hard but it's defficult to win with these cb's. they are throwing goals every game. But I think manny and especially silvio are doing better and better.
Old 29-04-2013, 23:35   #3
Lulu
Peña Member

Lulu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lulu

one point surly better than nothing . Thank Gad that MP will play against Atletico .. Riki unfortunately missed easy chances as usual , Pizzi out the service especially on the 1st half .. Once Silvio could give me heart attack ..
I think Vazques changes good one coz he doesn't have players can change the result ..
Hope Depor get point from Atletico if they will not lose , but I hope 3 point to be far away relegation .
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 00:00   #4
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

I´m content with what I saw
Old 30-04-2013, 00:37   #5
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

I had to work and couldn't see the match...

The first highlights I have seen:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzf...t#.UX8Eg6JFV2A

One point doesn't seem a bad result.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 03:29   #6
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

juan dominguez was pretty good.
happy with the draw.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 05:23   #7
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

its so funny to see people praising mp now after seeing peoples comments in the begining of the season lol I know for a fact MP gives his all every game.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 07:52   #8
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

How we played? I couldn't watch the game , from what i read we had our chances to win the game, which would have been fantastic but point isn't too bad. I don't want to think about the game vs. Atletico we miss 4 key players which makes me think, it's almost impossible to win this game. Anyway 6 straight games without defeat is something that we can be proud
Old 30-04-2013, 08:00   #9
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

A good point away from home.
On the minus side I really don't like Kaka, he just is not a good defender.

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 08:19   #10
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

I'm satisfied with this one point as well. We could have lost in the second half.

Just one more thing - Lendoiro, please buy some proper defenders after this season, no matter who, I guess they couldn't be worse than the ones we have right now...
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 08:57   #11
Riazor
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

Riazor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michał
I'm satisfied with this one point as well. We could have lost in the second half.

Just one more thing - Lendoiro, please buy some proper defenders after this season, no matter who, I guess they couldn't be worse than the ones we have right now...

That *may* just be directed at the wrong guy.. Who knows who will be in charge of signing for the coming season.
But in se, you are right: most of our defenders are really mediocre.

Again, I'm happy with a point. Even though I would've loved the full 3 points, it's more than I realistically expected us to get out of this and next match together.
Riazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:56   #12
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Not one bit pleased with this performance. Apart from the slick opening 15 minutes, I felt we played nervously overall, almost expecting something bad to happen at any minute. Aguilar's yellow card put paid to his dominance in midfield and really he was invisible after that. For whatever reason, our attacking formula went to pieces, with Riki, Gama and Pizzi each guilty of selfishness on more than one occasion. In fact, I thought we were shambolic at times in the second half, in every sector.

There aren't many words left to describe our centre-backs, so I'll only say that it's a good thing that Aythami is out for next week. But damn, Kaka would've been subbed off a junior team with that performance. With all the cards hanging over us, I thought Vasquez should've brought Insua along to Betis last night, even if he wasn't in the matchday squad. It was pretty obvious he'd be required for next week and being in the group this week would've been good for him. Vasquez may need to pick another Fabril CB as a fourth in that position against ATM, given how inury-prone Ze is and how poor Kaka is.

Btw, I missed the presentation to the wife of Jose Luis Vara. How did that go?
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 12:34   #13
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

intense and nice to watch game...i think the draw is the most logical result and its not a bad record taking in mind our good performance vs one of the solid and fightful team like betis....JD and aguilar + riki are the best men on the pitch....

kaka and aythami is the worst couple fpr CBs...can u imagine if we started the season with JV and if we had other CBs where could be depor now..

it comes a very tough match with atletico with some important casualties..so maycbe 1point again or ?
vamos depor
Old 30-04-2013, 13:03   #14
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

As against Bilbao, there were positives & negatives, although I thought we played better last nite. Here are my marks for the players:

Dani - 6 - One good point blank save. For the 3 Benat free kicks, Dani didnt even react which is a worry. The most frustrating thing for me is his kicking ability, which is very poor. He either kicks it up the pitch hoping that someone (Valeron) will flick it on to Riki, or he kicks it out of touch, therefore conceding possesion.
Manny P - 6 - A good solid performance from the old boy, he always gives his best.
Silvio - 5 - His last 2 games have not been great, and he almost cost us a goal by giving the ball away in our box.
Aythami - 4 - Usual lapses in concentration, at best he is our 3rd best centre back.
Kaka - 3 - Not a great game from the brazillian. Only his second game in the last 6 weeks, so he is lacking match sharpness. Not great at bringing the ball out, but I still have faith in him to improve.
Aguilar - 6 - A good solid performance from the Colombian.
JuanDo - 7 - Our best player. Held the ball up well, provided equlibrium in midfield and defended as well.
Valeron - 4 - A tough game for Valeron, marked by 2 players throughout the game, had no time to orquestrate.
Pizzi - 6 - As involved as usual, came very close to scoring with a well taken free kick.
Gama - 6 - Steady performance, lacking a cutting edge.
Riki - 6 - A very well taken goal, but he had 2 further chances. His 2nd chance from the left side, where he had a head start on his marker should have been a goal, but he dwelled on it for too long. That goal would have changed our season.

Subs:
Ze Castro - 5 - Not on for long, but helped out in defence, he could start against Athletico at the weekend.
Nelson - 5 - Not on for long, but managed to get a decent shot in.
Camunas - Came on in the last minute.
Old 30-04-2013, 13:21   #15
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking at their goal again, it looks like Aythami was once again partially to blame. Kaka screwed up sure, but the chance originated when Aythami came out of the defensive line to head a ball away, which was good, but instead of returning, he was standing there sleeping instead of going back, and then instead of actually sprinting to help out, he calmly jogs back and ends up being late. Just look at him walking back when we needed him. Lazy bastard.

I honestly hope we see Ze Castro - Insua. They haven't played together but well, neither have Ze and Kaka.